Canadian Money Forum banner
21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
21,876 Posts
On RFD, there's a discussion about Tangerine LOC

People are saying they are getting offers for Prime+1 and Prime+0 from Tangerine. Has anyone here received such an offer?

I'm not currently a customer. Can I contact Tangerine and ask about this, or would I first have to create a savings account with them?

·
Registered
3,942 Posts
I have Prime+1 from them from a similar offer last year or the year before. I don't see why you couldn't ask about it without being an existing customer - I'm sure they're always happy to get new customers. I was an existing customer when I got it last year, so I can't say what will happen.

·
Registered
2,502 Posts
On RFD, there's a discussion about Tangerine LOC

People are saying they are getting offers for Prime+1 and Prime+0 from Tangerine. Has anyone here received such an offer?

I'm not currently a customer. Can I contact Tangerine and ask about this, or would I first have to create a savings account with them?
These offers are usually targeted, but no harm in asking.

·
Registered
21,876 Posts
I have Prime+1 from them from a similar offer last year or the year before. I don't see why you couldn't ask about it without being an existing customer - I'm sure they're always happy to get new customers. I was an existing customer when I got it last year, so I can't say what will happen.
Thanks Spudd and @Money172375

Did you take their Prime+1 offer? Is it as you'd expect, a standard unsecured LoC that works the same as any other bank? Or is there something unique about it?

·
Registered
3,942 Posts
Thanks Spudd and @Money172375

Did you take their Prime+1 offer? Is it as you'd expect, a standard unsecured LoC that works the same as any other bank? Or is there something unique about it?
Indeed, I took it. I've never had an LOC at any other bank but it seems normal to me. It offered zero interest for 3 months, if I recall correctly, at the beginning. So I borrowed the entire amount and invested it in an HISA, then repaid before the interest-free period was up. Haha. Aside from that, I haven't used it.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts