Canadian Money Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
161 - 180 of 206 Posts

·
Registered
266 Posts
1) Just goes to show you that Twitter and Facebook should have suspended his accounts since November 3rd.
2) Does anybody really believe him? He said the same kind of thing at that kiddie desk news conference and then he back tracked like he does so many times before.

·
Registered
13,395 Posts
Did you miss the Freudian slip where Biden referred to it as the Harris administration?
You know they Democrats really wanted Harris, but when she failed so miserably during the primaries they went to using Biden as a Trojan horse.
Want to bet that Biden doesn't make it the full term?
Nevermind that Trump supporters stormed the legislature. Gotta distract with baseless conspiracy theories about the vice president elect.

·
Registered
13,395 Posts
A quote from the President elect is "baseless"?
He often uses the phrase 'Biden Harris administration'. So, a normal person would interpret that comment as a simple verbal flub (akin to 'Tim Apple') and not an accidental tipping of his hand as to their evil plot to let Kamala be the shadow president. You are welcome to live in whatever fantasy land you like, but I think you are as likely to be disappointed in your prognostications as those who claimed Obama was going to intern people in FEMA camps.

·
Registered
5,817 Posts
Discussion Starter #166
He often uses the phrase 'Biden Harris administration'. So, a normal person would interpret that comment as a simple verbal flub (akin to 'Tim Apple') and not an accidental tipping of his hand as to their evil plot to let Kamala be the shadow president. You are welcome to live in whatever fantasy land you like, but I think you are as likely to be disappointed in your prognostications as those who claimed Obama was going to intern people in FEMA camps.
And when he refers to it as the "Harris Administration", without the Biden....

Huh, what does Obama conspiracy theories have to do with anything?

As much as I think that Harris is bad, unfortunately I don't believe they're incompetent. I'm more scared they're going to accomplish their goals than fail to do anything.
They control most of the government, and might take extraordinary action to take over the rest of it.

·
Registered
14,325 Posts

·
Registered
5,728 Posts
The stock markets are up because Trump is finally gone and stability will return.

Garth Turner's blog post is right on. Trump's brand is completely destroyed, his followers will drift away to obscurity, and the world will return to normal.

Investors like that scenario.

... more than that. He may have just killed the Republican Party as well. What a job so well done.

Top CEOs may cut off funding to Republicans who have supported Trump's election challenge: 'Money is the key way'

·
Registered
13,395 Posts
And when he refers to it as the "Harris Administration", without the Biden....

Huh, what does Obama conspiracy theories have to do with anything?

As much as I think that Harris is bad, unfortunately I don't believe they're incompetent. I'm more scared they're going to accomplish their goals than fail to do anything.
They control most of the government, and might take extraordinary action to take over the rest of it.
If you say 'Biden Harris administration' a lot, a verbal flub where you miss the first word is not tipping their hand to an evil plot. I thought you believed Joe was senile. Now all of a sudden his verbal pronouncements are completely free of error?

You are promulgating a conspiracy theory based on a verbal flub. It reminds me of similarly unhinged conspiracy theories about Obama interning people in FEMA camps.

·
Registered
5,817 Posts
Discussion Starter #171
If you say 'Biden Harris administration' a lot, a verbal flub where you miss the first word is not tipping their hand to an evil plot. I thought you believed Joe was senile. Now all of a sudden his verbal pronouncements are completely free of error?

You are promulgating a conspiracy theory based on a verbal flub. It reminds me of similarly unhinged conspiracy theories about Obama interning people in FEMA camps.
Taking a quote from someone isn't a conspiracy theory.
The reality is Biden is a very old man who is not capable of the office.

Plus why would you suggest some wacky theory from the 90's?
why not something more mainstream like flat earth?

·
Registered
13,395 Posts
The conspiracy is taking a single verbal flub and extrapolating it to a vast conspiracy by Biden, DNC, etc. to install Harris as president. I don't believe that if the DNC had that power, they would have chosen Harris. I think the DNC was quite happy with Biden being the nominee.

The Obama FEMA camps conspiracy theories are, unsurprisingly, from during Obama's tenure 2008-2016, not the 1990's.

·
Registered
5,817 Posts
Discussion Starter #173
The conspiracy is taking a single verbal flub and extrapolating it to a vast conspiracy by Biden, DNC, etc. to install Harris as president. I don't believe that if the DNC had that power, they would have chosen Harris. I think the DNC was quite happy with Biden being the nominee.

The Obama FEMA camps conspiracy theories are, unsurprisingly, from during Obama's tenure 2008-2016, not the 1990's.
Goes back way further

It's not a very complicated conspiracy, they're pretty open about it.
The reality is Biden is suffering mental decline, the VP selection this round was very important as in both cases it would have been quite likely they will take over from a failing President.

Several people actually suggested that a series of VP debates would be more important because of this.

·
Registered
14,325 Posts
Biden has looked good in his press conferences. He is appointing very experienced, capable people to high level posts.

Kamala Harris will be a fine Vice President. She represents the new wave of political leaders well.

I don't have any concerns about the incoming President. It is the outgoing one that is a problem.

I also don't see much in the GOP ranks for a future nominee. Possibly Mitt Romney again or Ben Sasse, but the pickings are thin.

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
I will say both Biden and Pelosi struggle for words some time. I saw an interview with Colin Powell this week.....age 83......very coherent and clear.

·
Registered
5,817 Posts
Discussion Starter #176
I will say both Biden and Pelosi struggle for words some time. I saw an interview with Colin Powell this week.....age 83......very coherent and clear.
The military, and the US Army specifically seem to have one of the best HR systems.
That being said being high performing into your 80's or beyond is also a bit of luck.

Go watch a Thomas Sowell interview, or read his latest book. He's 90 and exceptionally sharp.

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
The military, and the US Army specifically seem to have one of the best HR systems.
That being said being high performing into your 80's or beyond is also a bit of luck.

Go watch a Thomas Sowell interview, or read his latest book. He's 90 and exceptionally sharp.
Don’t know if I agree with that, seems like there were quite a few former military taking part in the riot.

·
Registered
5,817 Posts
Discussion Starter #178
Don’t know if I agree with that, seems like there were quite a few former military taking part in the riot.
Perhaps, nobody has those status but I didn't hear of any senior people.
Also you have to remember that people from all walks of life have been rioting all summer.

·
Registered
19,723 Posts
Perhaps, nobody has those status but I didn't hear of any senior people.
Also you have to remember that people from all walks of life have been rioting all summer.
Rioting isn't the issue.

Only right wing extremists are attempting to overthrow the government and kill government officials. Black Lives protesters in the summer didn't try to overthrow the government or murder the Vice President.

It's exclusively right wing terrorists who are doing this. So far, they have

• murdered a member of Parliament in the UK
  • murdered a German parliament member (shot him in the head)
  • sent pipe bombs to many US government figures
  • attempted to assassinate the Canadian Prime Minister this summer
  • attempted to overthrow the US Government and murder the Vice President of the USA

·
Registered
5,817 Posts
Discussion Starter #180
Rioting isn't the issue.

Only right wing extremists are attempting to overthrow the government and kill government officials. Black Lives protesters in the summer didn't try to overthrow the government or murder the Vice President.

It's exclusively right wing terrorists who are doing this. So far, they have

• murdered a member of Parliament in the UK
  • murdered a German parliament member (shot him in the head)
  • sent pipe bombs to many US government figures
  • attempted to assassinate the Canadian Prime Minister this summer
  • attempted to overthrow the US Government and murder the Vice President of the USA
You are apply a political bias to this.
It really has nothing to do with political affiliation, or even religion.

Those who choose violence are the problem.

No BLM didn't try to murder the Vice president, but they did try to take over Federal Government buildings, they also took over at least one police station and killed many.
They did riot all summer
Here is another example of left wing violence.

It's ALL wrong.

I actually think you're the one that's become radicalized.
You're consuming some American style propaganda about the VIOLENT RIGHT WING, and you've become emotionally attached to it.
You see right wing terrorists everywhere, even when someone calmly disagrees with you, you think they're a violent radical. You've made these claims against me.
To be clear, I denounce political violence MORE than you do.
I denounced BLM riots, I denounce the riot in Washingon, I denounced Zehaf-Bibeau, I denounced CHAZ/CHOP and the insanity within.

I want the violence to stop, and for that to happen, we need to engage in deradicalization strategies.

Now I expect you'll ignore this post, or you'll bring up some example where we disagree, because of how we see the facts lining up.
But rather than rehash the same old arguments of where we disagree, can't you see that if you take the politics out of it, most of us want the same thing?

161 - 180 of 206 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.