Canadian Money Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
21 - 40 of 206 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
Here's the update.

Friday morning Trump backtracks on leaving the White House if he loses the electoral college vote.

Surprise, surprise. How many times has Trump backtracked before? As Canadians, we already know he's back tracked on Aluminum and tried it again with NAFTA.

Now he says "Biden could occupy the White House only if he could prove he did not fraudulently win the election."

As if Trump is the court.

Meanwhile Trump claims of election fraud without any proof presented to the courts, over and over again.

Isn't there some sort of law against a plaintiff continuously filing cases of same nature after repeated losses that just ties up the courts with frivolous cases?

So the answer to the OP's original question :"Can we drop this now?" The answer is "No". Trump won't let it go.

·
Registered
357 Posts
Decision of the 3rd Circuit Court of Appeal - (3 GOP appointed Judges)

“Calling an election unfair does not make it so,” the 3rd Circuit’s opinion read. “Charges require specific allegations and then proof. We have neither here.”

Can we drop this now....

·
Registered
4,100 Posts
I don't see any backtracking. Trump said from the start that he would leave if he lost the election but not if the election was fraudulent and he is still saying that. A lot of people are seeing irregularities but proving it in court or convincing Democrat governors is another matter. It looks to me that the election stinks to high heaven, the fix is in, Biden will get the electoral votes, and Trump will leave on January 20 when Biden is sworn in.
I have never seen the media so anxious to pretend an election is over when in fact, the official result has not been announced. But it is in line with the "orange man bad" theme they have been harping on for 4 years. I wonder what they will use for clickbait after Trump is gone.

·
Registered
234 Posts
I don't remember that, doesn't sound very much like Trump.

I think you're making that up too.
Of course I was making it up, I thought the sarcasm was obvious. The point I was making is the hypocrisy of Trump and his supporters. Did they scrupulously follow this "rule" about waiting for the "official" electoral college results in 2016? Of course not! It's only a rule to be followed when it suites them.

·
Registered
5,383 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Of course I was making it up, I thought the sarcasm was obvious. The point I was making is the hypocrisy of Trump and his supporters. Did they scrupulously follow this "rule" about waiting for the "official" electoral college results in 2016? Of course not! It's only a rule to be followed when it suites them.
Okay, so you have a beef with Trump and his supporters, take it up with them.

Trump most certainly was not president until he was sworn in as president. That's how it works. Anyone who called him President before inauguration was wrong.
It's not a "rule", it's actual reality in law and practice.

To be fair, by US convention they seem to refer to former Presidents as President for some reason.. which I think is quite odd.

·
Registered
5,438 Posts
Without the slightest shred of proof. I kind of hope he sticks with it though, it would be so fun to see him getting dragged out by the secret service.
... I couldn't disagree more ... that would be a first!

·
Registered
14,014 Posts
Reports are the Secret Service polled their agents about moving to Florida to protect Trump when he leaves.

Nobody volunteered for the assignment, so they are sending their junior seniority agents.

·
Registered
13,238 Posts
I don't see any backtracking. Trump said from the start that he would leave if he lost the election but not if the election was fraudulent and he is still saying that. A lot of people are seeing irregularities but proving it in court or convincing Democrat governors is another matter. It looks to me that the election stinks to high heaven, the fix is in, Biden will get the electoral votes, and Trump will leave on January 20 when Biden is sworn in.
I have never seen the media so anxious to pretend an election is over when in fact, the official result has not been announced. But it is in line with the "orange man bad" theme they have been harping on for 4 years. I wonder what they will use for clickbait after Trump is gone.
You mean, compared to the pressure Gore was under to concede when there was a non-fake case to be made that he actually won?

Trump is the biggest crybaby. Nobody whines better than him

·
Registered
5,383 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
You mean, compared to the pressure Gore was under to concede when there was a non-fake case to be made that he actually won?

Trump is the biggest crybaby. Nobody whines better than him
Gore was a quitter, not the guy you want in charge.

·
Registered
14,014 Posts
Democrats don't care if Trump says he will leave, exits willingly, or gets dragged out kicking and screaming. In fact, many would prefer the latter.

·
Registered
14,014 Posts
Trump is facing serious criminal investigations that have already been litigated at the Supreme Court level over releasing his taxes.

Once Trump leaves office, there is no question about the Constitutionality of charging a sitting President. He will face charges if the evidence is there.

He is also facing numerous lawsuits and accusations of criminal sexual misconduct. Trump is facing a world of pain after he loses immunity from prosecution.

He is desperate to stay as President to avoid prosecution. He lost and is destined to face the courts now.

·
Registered
357 Posts
Trump is facing serious criminal investigations that have already been litigated at the Supreme Court level over releasing his taxes.

Once Trump leaves office, there is no question about the Constitutionality of charging a sitting President. He will face charges if the evidence is there.

He is also facing numerous lawsuits and accusations of criminal sexual misconduct. Trump is facing a world of pain after he loses immunity from prosecution.

He is desperate to stay as President to avoid prosecution. He lost and is destined to face the courts now.

I'm a never Trumper but I think your post is just wishful thinking. I wouldn't bet on him suffering much in the way of consequences. Maybe a few relatively small payouts to make some lawsuits go away but thats about it, even a negociated settlement for any IRS issues. Biden would certainly not send the word down to prosecute him (like Trump would/has for others) but will likely send the word down to not prosecute him.

·
Registered
5,383 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
Trump is a charlatan and a fraudster, also not someone you want in charge. Regardless, that's the way the system works.
Yup

Biden is a senile old man, also not someone you want in charge. But at least he's not Trump.

·
Registered
14,014 Posts
Biden is a one cool dude. He owns several American made Corvettes and has always supported blue collar auto workers.

He fully supports North American made electric cars, including dropping a hint of a future GM Corvette that will hit 200 mph.........yea, baby.

Here is Biden driving one of my favorite cars of all time..... his 1967 Corvette Stingray, which was a wedding gift to him from his father in 1967.

The car reminds him of his dad and his son's Beau and Hunter, who rebuilt the 327 cubic inch 300 horse power engine as a gift to him.

Refreshing change to the White House..........light em up Joe !

·
Registered
165 Posts
Biden is a one cool dude. He owns several American made Corvettes and has always supported blue collar auto workers.

He fully supports North American made electric cars, including dropping a hint of a future GM Corvette that will hit 200 mph.........yea, baby.

Here is Biden driving one of my favorite cars of all time..... his 1967 Corvette Stingray, which was a wedding gift to him from his father in 1967.

The car reminds him of his dad and his son's Beau and Hunter, who rebuilt the 327 cubic inch 300 horse power engine as a gift to him.

Refreshing change to the White House..........light em up Joe !

If I didn't know better, it looked like Biden is having a mid-life crisis.

·
Registered
19,000 Posts
Gore was a quitter, not the guy you want in charge.
This is bizarre American/Republican reasoning.

Gore did what was in the best interest of the country, and conceded to help maintain a properly functioning country and avoid turmoil. He had the election stolen from him, but he was gracious about it. The American right calls that being a "quitter", say that he wasn't aggressive enough.

Trump, on the other hand, clearly lost the election. There is no basis to believe he can win it after the initial results came out; the margins are huge. And yet, he fights and fights and fights, casts doubt about the legitimacy of the election system, and even tries to overturn democratic outcomes.

And the sick part is that the American right respects that. They like it!

What this shows me is that the American right (Republicans) believe in a highly aggressive form of politics where winning is more important than the health of American democracy and even more important than the well-being of the country. This is bad-faith participation in government... they don't respect or believe in American democracy or government.

21 - 40 of 206 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.