Canadian Money Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
201 - 206 of 206 Posts

·
Registered
19,687 Posts
I think it is virtue signaling. PC as fashion statement. The quiet middle keep their mouths shut for fear of being shouted down, despite generally being sympathetic.
Some aspects of political correctness are out of hand, but let's not lose sight of the big picture. Being irritated about "PC culture" is no excuse for forming radical violent militias or taking up arms to terrorize society.

What generally happens is that these extremist groups have agendas such as white nationalism, or are anti-western liberal government. Those agendas are the starting point. To recruit new members, they exploit these common 'white male' annoyances such as irritation about political correctness, feminism, or too many non-white immigrants. Those are techniques to draw more people into their movements.

This is why I am extremely suspicious of people who are very quick to pivot any discussion to complaints about political correctness / feminism / immigrants. It's part of the right wing extremist propaganda toolbox.

Let's stay grounded in reality here. The major problem our society faces, as a threat to public safety and government stability, is right wing extremism. And no... this didn't happen because of PC culture.

·
Registered
5,776 Posts
Discussion Starter #202
This is why I am extremely suspicious of people who are very quick to pivot any discussion to complaints about political correctness / feminism / immigrants. It's part of the right wing extremist propaganda toolbox.
That's the problem, you don't want to hear legitimate concerns, or engage with people. You immediately dismiss them as "right wing extremist".

Well, if you want to disenfranchise people and push them away, that's EXACTLY how you do it.

There are legitimate issues with all those issues, and by suggesting raising any concern makes you a right wing extremists is how you CREATE right wing extremists.
If you call someone names long enough, they might actually start believing you.

·
Registered
19,687 Posts
That's the problem, you don't want to hear legitimate concerns, or engage with people. You immediately dismiss them as "right wing extremist".
I think it's my duty to call you out as lying, when you make up such weird fiction as saying the far left kills more people than the far right in the US.

Why don't you list for us: which major attacks or massacres has the "far left" committed in the US in the last 10 years? What are the casualties?

Are you one of these guys who watches a far right terrorist attack, and then shakes your head and says, "tsk tsk it's those far left guys destroying my country again".

Because that's exactly what many Republican and MAGA people are saying right now. In denial, detached from reality.

·
Registered
14,309 Posts
I would suggest that moderators close this thread. We already know the answer to how Trump would handle defeat.

·
Registered
5,776 Posts
Discussion Starter #205
How many people were killed in the George Floyd Riots, how many were killed in the Capital riot?

Again, in both cases there were agitators, and a lot of people who have been lied to.
We have to figure out how to engage with them so they can be deradicalized.

I'm sure MAGA is filling followers heads with garbage, just like I know BLM is perpetuating their lies.
The answer isn't to say they're bad people, it's to engage and work with them to deradicalize them.

201 - 206 of 206 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.