Canadian Money Forum banner

41 - 60 of 822 Posts

·
Registered
15,839 Posts
People change.
They have secret lives.

What about young males with problems who are susceptible and impressionable?

What about those young people who join scientology?
What if they join the jihad instead?

gosh
what if a car goes through the red light while i'm crossing an intersection & it hits me

what if there's a gas explosion on my street & my house falls down on me

what if my lovely neighbours - who've been happily living side-by-side with me for 15 years - what if they take it into their heads to join a secret cult

ooh i better get rid of cars, walking on streets, flammable fuels, talking to neighbours, everything except the christian religion which Mike Pence has decreed for the US of A. While we're at it we should ban free speech & the charter of rights as well.

·
Registered
12,765 Posts
Discussion Starter #42 (Edited)
I am hoping that Trump gets his transition team in place and they can release some details on the long list of other policies they will be implementing. It may feel to him that everyone is "pushing" but the world awaits and he should have been prepared to take over.

It is reported the Pentagon and State Department are still waiting for direction from the Trump team.

For the sake of the free world, I hope the Trump team gets themselves organized and people nominated soon.

They still have to pass confirmation hearings before they begin their work and time is short with Christmas break looming.

The Trump team asked President Obama not to get too further involved, so they have to be ready to step in or there will be a vacuum in leadership. The outgoing administration is packing up to leave and are at a standstill, and the public service aren't sure what their marching orders will be to implement policy changes.

ISIS, Iran, North Korea, Russia, Syria are already beginning to exploit the "lull" in American leadership.

Iran and ISIS are proclaiming the US will deport all Muslims as recruiting tool, while Russia and North Korea stepped up bombings.

·
Banned
655 Posts
gosh
what if a car goes through the red light while i'm crossing an intersection & it hits me

what if there's a gas explosion on my street & my house falls down on me

what if my lovely neighbours - who've been happily living side-by-side with me for 15 years - what if they take it into their heads to join a secret cult

ooh i better get rid of cars, walking on streets, flammable fuels, talking to neighbours, everything except the christian religion which Mike Pence has decreed for the US of A. While we're at it we should ban free speech & the charter of rights as well.

As-Salaam-Alaikum Humble,

When Sharia law is instituted in Canada, women will have a choice of niqab or hijab.
The niqab covers the face except the eyes.
The hijab shows the face.

The clothing must be loose so as not to show the form of the body.
They must walk behind the man.
They must not go on the street unless accompanied by a male member of their family.

So the religious fundamentalism of Mike Pence is wrong but the fundamentalism of a Muslim iman is acceptable?

Have a good day humble.

Cheers

·
Registered
12,765 Posts
Discussion Starter #44 (Edited)
James Clapper announced his resignation and he will not be transitioning into a Trump administration.

As he is the US Director of National Intelligence, it creates another key nomination that Trump has to make from a dwindling source of qualified people. It sounds like Trump's "drain the swamp" rhetoric is affecting his ability to find qualified people and many from the past Bush administration aren't interested in being selected.

Between "draining the swamp", punishing those who didn't support Trump during the election, and restrictions on those who spent the last few years as consultants and lobbyists......the pool of candidates is rather shallow.

The GOP members of the Intelligence committee are urging Trump to act swiftly to replace Clapper.

·
Registered
12,765 Posts
Discussion Starter #45 (Edited)
Admiral Mike Rogers, head of the National Security Agency and the US Cyber Command says there is no doubt a "nation state" used Wikileaks to deliberately interfere with the US election for the purpose of affecting the results.

"There shouldn't be any doubts in anybody's mind: This was not something that was done casually, this was not something that was done by chance, this was not a target that was selected purely arbitrarily," Rogers said. "This was a conscious effort by a nation state to attempt to achieve a specific effect."

Hillary Clinton is right that Russia and Wikileaks had a coopertive agenda to defeat her and aid Donald Trump's election.

As the FBI was drawn into it, Director Comey and the agency suffered credibility losses.

GOP members of the Congress and Senate including Senator John McCain, want hearings and investigations into the intrusion. They will certainly have the full support of Democrats to proceed.

I would think the revelations will end any chance that Julian Assange of Wikileaks will receive a Presidential pardon from Trump.

Assange may in fact, end up facing more serious charges than he already does.

I would hazard a guess that Russia and Assange underestimated the US ability to track back to the hackers origin.

http://theweek.com/speedreads/662246/nsa-chief-openly-accuses-nation-state-using-wikileaks-tip-presidential-election

·
Registered
4,187 Posts
Olivaw,

We all know good people who are Muslims. It doesn't change the fact that there are very problematic aspects of the ideology. Your friend, if he drinks alcohol, is not a good Muslim (by the standards of most Muslims).

I am all for respecting individuals. Ideas deserve no respect, especially bad ones.
Andrewf, You appear to believe that you can use the term ideology to describe a religion. Is it some type of end run around their charter right to religious freedom and equality?

My buddy's interpretation of the teachings of Islam doesn't match your narrative.

·
Registered
15,839 Posts
As-Salaam-Alaikum Humble,

When Sharia law is instituted in Canada, women will have a choice of niqab or hijab.
The niqab covers the face except the eyes.
The hijab shows the face.

The clothing must be loose so as not to show the form of the body.
They must walk behind the man.
They must not go on the street unless accompanied by a male member of their family.

So the religious fundamentalism of Mike Pence is wrong but the fundamentalism of a Muslim iman is acceptable?

wraphter do stop being silly

as i've mentioned, this is a financial sharing forum & you are not earning your keep

·
Banned
655 Posts
wraphter do stop being silly

as i've mentioned, this is a financial sharing forum & you are not earning your keep

Sharing--exactly. I receive financial information mainly. I do not know as much as others. So I benefit from their knowledge. I am a DIY investor. i am interested in the financial threads.I read them.

I read the thread about bond yields after the election. Pretty good.

To receive information fulfills the purpose of this site.

i didn't find your comments about zerohedge and the Diallo piece very useful.
It seems to me that you are unduly politicizing the financial reports and postings.

You completely misunderstood what I said about the repatriation of the Apple money. I concluded that I could get very little information from you.

·
Registered
10,218 Posts
I work closely with people at high tech companies like Intel. The Intel offices in Oregon probably have thousands of people with Iranian, Egyptian, or Turkish roots. And of course they have families. Let's make a very rough guess and say there are about 5,000 people in this group: well-educated middle-to-upper class people.

Of these 5,000 muslim people living around me, how many of them do you think are dangerous criminals or terrorists?
james, I'm not politically correct person :) , so I'll tell in simple English - stop bullshitting people! What 5,000 muslims at Intel , OR you are talking about?! At Intel , OR in total less than 20,000 employee.
My wife was working for Intel for more than 10 years, she was supporting exactly this Oregon location. We've been there together, I know personally Intel's employee and knew what was going on there... There are very few muslim at Intel... Before throwing number like 5,000 , just check data ... as per city-data.com in All Washington county, that include Beaverton, Hillsboro, Tigard and so on (all locations where Intel employees live) ONLY 616 muslims! (2010)...

and yes, as mordko said, muslim cannot drink alcohol , so person you were drinking with can be christia, jew, satanist, atheist - but not muslim :)

regarding "wow" .... can you list countries with muslim majority where Jewish (or even Christian) live normal life?!
I have friends who are Egyptian Coptic , Jordanian Catholics etc - they are much more anti-muslim that me, because they live with them much longer

·
Registered
12,765 Posts
Discussion Starter #50 (Edited)
Preaching an Islamic fundamentalist takeover of the world has been part of the fundamentalist Christian theory for as long as I can remember.

Long before there was Steve Bannon and Alex Jones, there were well known and popular television preachers sitting at desks mimicking news anchors telling viewers how a Islamic takeover would lead to the Battle of Armageddon and the end of the world. They preached the same dire messaging for decades, and then they died.......and the world continued to move forward.

More access to the world has convinced young Muslims to turn from ancient radical beliefs and seek their own path.

I suggest people who continually reference the Quran as evidence...........read the Old Testament in the Bible.

If modern Christianity isn't compelled to follow the Old Testament.....why presume modern Islam is compelled to follow ancient text ?

·
Banned
655 Posts
Preaching an Islamic fundamentalist takeover of the world has been part of the fundamentalist Christian theory for as long as I can remember.

Long before there was Steve Bannon and Alex Jones, there were well known and popular television preachers sitting at desks mimicking news anchors telling viewers how a Islamic takeover would lead to the Battle of Armageddon and the end of the world. They preached the same dire messaging for decades, and then they died.......and the world continued to move forward.

More access to the world has convinced young Muslims to turn from ancient radical beliefs and seek their own path.

I suggest people who continually reference the Quran as evidence...........read the Old Testament in the Bible.
Blame the Christians not the Muslims.
How unoriginal.
Typical ploy.

Everyone is to blame not just the Muslims.
I've been hearing this for years.

Some people can't handle the truth .

·
Registered
10,537 Posts
I am hoping that Trump gets his transition team in place and they can release some details on the long list of other policies they will be implementing. It may feel to him that everyone is "pushing" but the world awaits and he should have been prepared to take over ...
For the sake of the free world, I hope the Trump team gets themselves organized and people nominated soon ...
I'm not sure what the rush or the concern is.

AFAICT, Clinton wasn't announced as secretary of state until early December where the confirmation hearings didn't start until Jan the following year. When Clinton declined the second term, Kerry wasn't confirmed until the end of January.

While I'm all for being efficient, I'm not sure it is an issue at this point.

Cheers

·
Registered
12,765 Posts
Discussion Starter #53
Good point.

No inter-party transition in more than 50 yrs (post-Eisenhower) has ever named a Cabinet nominee prior to December 1.

·
Registered
4,187 Posts
Racism and nationalism have enjoyed a resurgence in the United States and the world. Falsities masquerade as fact, people seek out echo-chambers, opponents are demonized and people with different religions and skin tones are increasingly described as the enemy. The president elect will elevate a Leninist to a senior role in the Whitehouse.

Obama warned Europeans that the world is becoming meaner. .

"In an age of social media where so many people are getting their information in sound bites and snippets off their phones, if we can't discriminate between serious arguments and propaganda, then we have problems," he said. "If people, whether they're conservative, liberal, left or right, are unwilling to compromise and engage in the democratic process and are taking absolutist views and demonizing opponents, then democracy will break down."

He issued a warning to Trump in his dealings with Russia, cautioning that on issues like Ukraine and Syria, Moscow must be confronted head-on.

"I don't expect the President-elect will follow exactly our blueprint or our approach, but my hope is he does not simply take a realpolitik approach and suggest we cut some deals with Russia, even if it hurts people or violates international norms or leaves smaller countries vulnerable," he said.

·
Registered
17,077 Posts
james, I'm not politically correct person :) , so I'll tell in simple English - stop bullshitting people! What 5,000 muslims at Intel , OR you are talking about?! At Intel , OR in total less than 20,000 employee.
Here's my math. I've been on that campus and there are tons of Iranian or other middle eastern people. I estimated that 10% of the work force might have muslim associations, that's 0.1*20,000 = 2,000. And then I said their families, so I'm assuming at least a spouse and one children, and that's how I came up with 5,000 muslim-ish people.

It's a conservative estimate. I'll bet that more than 10% of their workforce has muslim backgrounds.

And how stupid would a muslim living in America be to answer a survey and call themselves muslim? C'mon ... those survey numbers are understated. Muslims live in fear in the USA.

·
Registered
17,077 Posts
Exactly. It's of mutual interest to Christian fundamentalist and ISIS, they both echo the same narrative and they both want a race war. It gives them fuzzy warm feelings from old days of crusades and such.

·
Registered
10,218 Posts
james, "Iranian or other middle eastern people" doesn't mean muslims! I bet that you won't see any difference between Sephardi Jew and Muslim (if they don't wear religious attribute)...
The fact that in ALL Washington county in 2010 there were 636 Muslims!

·
Banned
2,915 Posts
Olivaw why do you think this is when KKK and white supremacists have always been around.

The reason is the left have allowed their idiotic politically correct behaviour bring in crazy terrorists and muslims who commit sex crimes to flood into Sweden and Europe. This has given white hate groups the ammunition they need to spread their message and recruit people. If it goes too far the people may want to vote in a Hitler type to get rid of these people and it would all be thanks to the left and politically correct.

On Russia it was the west who started all the destabilization to begin with and now we have a big problem. If the US never armed rebels to fight in Syria then Assad would have taken care of things and Russia probably wouldn't have had to go there. Yeah but Assad is bad you will say but there is no plan if the US did get rid of Assad. There has been no plan anywhere in the middle east except to blow stuff up from what I can see. The result has been the refugee disaster tons of terrorism and many deaths. The plan Obama and Hillary have is to maximize the death toll and to feed the war machine.

·
Registered
4,187 Posts
Olivaw why do you think this is when KKK and white supremacists have always been around.

The reason is the left have allowed their idiotic politically correct behaviour bring in crazy terrorists and muslims who commit sex crimes to flood into Sweden and Europe. This has given white hate groups the ammunition they need to spread their message and recruit people. If it goes too far the people may want to vote in a Hitler type to get rid of these people and it would all be thanks to the left and politically correct.

On Russia it was the west who started all the destabilization to begin with and now we have a big problem. If the US never armed rebels to fight in Syria then Assad would have taken care of things and Russia probably wouldn't have had to go there. Yeah but Assad is bad you will say but there is no plan if the US did get rid of Assad. There has been no plan anywhere in the middle east except to blow stuff up from what I can see. The result has been the refugee disaster tons of terrorism and many deaths. The plan Obama and Hillary have is to maximize the death toll and to feed the war machine.
Dogcom,

Many of the refugees coming to my city are sponsored by churches, mosques and synagogs. They didn't help the refugees to be politically correct. They helped because they felt called to serve those in need.

·
Registered
97 Posts
why paint all muslims with one brush?
some of them are too busy to just take care of their day to day affairs. let us not fault them with what goes on in countries they live in.
it is a bit rich to say that if they don't oppose the order of the day, they must be somehow complicit.
I am very hopeful there is a vast majority of muslims with whom population in economically developed western countries can coexist happily.

personally, the only thing I am happy about is that repubs will be able to nominate and influence the supreme court for some time to come.
all else just seems usual theater and majority of actors in the play are same as before.

41 - 60 of 822 Posts