Canadian Money Forum banner
361 - 380 of 401 Posts

·
Registered
15,221 Posts
Do we though? Singh shouts at twitter but ultimately we have two far left parties and then one center-left party. Unless PPC ever becomes relevant and gives third option (center-right), we are essentially two party system.
And you can see that trend happening in majority of the world, with increased politicization everything is trending towards two-party system, whether the 'party' is under one name, or under 'coalition' - voters essentially have two choices.

That's why it is more important than ever to have extremely strong constitution and human rights protection. Sadly, Canada is only 'first-world' country that has notwithstanding clause and human rights are optional.
If CPC is centre left and PPC is centre right, what would a party have to advocate for you to consider them far right? Gas chambers?

Overton window in Canada is entirely in the left? That doesn't even make sense.

·
Registered
3,165 Posts
If CPC is centre left and PPC is centre right, what would a party have to advocate for you to consider them far right? Gas chambers?

Overton window in Canada is entirely in the left? That doesn't even make sense.
Yes, the window in Canada is entirely in the left.
You can get abortion in 8th month, we make it illegal to pursue healthcare out of government, we have cartels, we have very high taxation, we have no human rights protection, we have legal discrimination, we have gender quotas, we have bloated inefficient government, we have political interference in legal system, we have state-sponsored media, we have tariffs, we have mandatory unions

What I would consider 'right wing'?
Free enterprise, strong and robust private health care system with competition from government-run system, flat tax rate, much lower taxation, no deficit spending, government taking care of nothing outside of essential services, independent legal system, free trade, free media etc.

·
Registered
24,726 Posts
Discussion Starter · #363 ·
A new poll shows that 1 in 3 Americans say "it may soon be necessary to take up arms against the government". This is an astounding level of public hatred/violence towards government.

American society is disintegrating before our eyes.

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
Well the show trial with no cross examination allowed and several witnesses that lied under oath still couldn't prove that Trump inciting violence. Those who lied under oath will not face any charges. In fact, they'll probably be rewarded with book deals.

The next move by the banana republic government was to raid Trump's home under phony pretenses. And for some reason the FBI demanded that the security cameras be turned off. I guess it's too hard to plan evidence with cameras around, why else would they not want people to see what they were doing? I wonder what fake document they'll magically find.

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
More from the banana republic:

“A former senior FBI lawyer, Kevin Clinesmith, who was found guilty of forgery in the Trump-Russia probe has been restored to “good standing” status by the District of Columbia Bar Association despite not fully completing his probation sentence."

He only got probation for forgery in an attempt to unseat a sitting president, lol.

·
Registered
11,878 Posts
I don't know what left/right mean these days.

The Left is for more government control of life, more discrimination and higher taxes.
The Right is for human rights, more freedom and lower taxes.

I guess far right is really believing in human rights?

Or maybe it's supporting an immigration level where we can properly support and integrate immigrants into Canadian society.
You know build pipeliness for language, ensure we are capable of vetting their professional qualifications etc.

If that's the "right wing" position (ie PPC), I guess the left wing position is bring in too many immigrants for us to handle and have them wait in limbo for the supports they need to be successful.

Drat, I'm sounding "far right".

·
Registered
15,221 Posts
I don't know what left/right mean these days.

The Left is for more government control of life, more discrimination and higher taxes.
The Right is for human rights, more freedom and lower taxes.

I guess far right is really believing in human rights?

Or maybe it's supporting an immigration level where we can properly support and integrate immigrants into Canadian society.
You know build pipeliness for language, ensure we are capable of vetting their professional qualifications etc.

If that's the "right wing" position (ie PPC), I guess the left wing position is bring in too many immigrants for us to handle and have them wait in limbo for the supports they need to be successful.

Drat, I'm sounding "far right".
The right wing is pro-human rights? Why is it that the right wing is so interested in removing access to reproductive health care, contraception, marriage equality for same sex partners and persecuting trans people?

·
Registered
11,878 Posts
The right wing is pro-human rights? Why is it that the right wing is so interested in removing access to reproductive health care, contraception, marriage equality for same sex partners and persecuting trans people?
Nobody is removing access to reproductive health except the pro choice people vandalizing pregnancy support centers.

Killing babies isn't "reproductive health", it's killing another person in the name of bodily autonomy, and the left and right wing are inconsistent here.

Contraception, marriage equality are a religious position not a political position.

Persecuting trans people, that's not what is happening, it's the failure to have a real debate on what men and women are.

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
Not to mention anyone who does not have an "R" beside their name.

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
I was reading a Reddit thread on the coming violence and was interested to read a whole bunch of people say the general public incorrectly assumes Democrats are all unarmed. A whole bunch of people in the thread indicated they are Democrats, armed, and have been trained in the military, but simply do not talk about it like Republicans do.

Unfortunately, I think we are going to find out who will win an armed contest between Republicans and Democrats. :(

Gotta say, we cannot assume the Police will keep the peace on this. Law enforcement are decidedly Trump supporters and there were some LEOs wanting to overthrow the government at the insurrection.

·
Registered
19,975 Posts
The military and police will support democracy and deal with any traitors exactly as they should.

A former police officer joins one of his fellow officers in prison today.......getting an equal 7 year sentence for his actions during the January 6 riot.

Some local law enforcement may have believed they were untouchable because they were police officers, but they are finding out differently.

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
I was reading a Reddit thread on the coming violence and was interested to read a whole bunch of people say the general public incorrectly assumes Democrats are all unarmed. A whole bunch of people in the thread indicated they are Democrats, armed, and have been trained in the military, but simply do not talk about it like Republicans do.

Unfortunately, I think we are going to find out who will win an armed contest between Republicans and Democrats. :(

Gotta say, we cannot assume the Police will keep the peace on this. Law enforcement are decidedly Trump supporters and there were some LEOs wanting to overthrow the government at the insurrection.
What insurrection? A bunch of people protested and some took selfies walking around. A few got violent but no one tried to overthrow the government. If you believe that actually happened then you've been brainwashed by CNN.

Please provide the names of anyone convicted of insurrection.

·
Registered
19,975 Posts
A guy went to an FBI field office today with an AR15 and a nail gun.

A police chase ensued involving the FBI, an FBI swat team, state police, and local police. In the end........they shot the gunman dead.

They aren't messing around and arguing with Trumpers like the store clerks have to do with them. They just shoot them full of holes........and that be that.

·
Registered
15,221 Posts
Nobody is removing access to reproductive health except the pro choice people vandalizing pregnancy support centers.

Killing babies isn't "reproductive health", it's killing another person in the name of bodily autonomy, and the left and right wing are inconsistent here.
Tell that to the 10 year old child rape victim that had to flee her state to receive an abortion.

·
Registered
15,221 Posts
What insurrection? A bunch of people protested and some took selfies walking around. A few got violent but no one tried to overthrow the government. If you believe that actually happened then you've been brainwashed by CNN.

Please provide the names of anyone convicted of insurrection.
They just stormed the Senate chamber as the presidential election was being ratified. Just a coincidence.

If this is such a nothingburger event, what was the last time before Jan 6 that the Vice President had to hide in a broom closet in the basement of the Capitol for hours to avoid an unmanaged crowd milling about the building?

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
Tell that to the 10 year old child rape victim that had to flee her state to receive an abortion.
Yeah. Giving Republican cultists credit for understanding the difference between right and wrong or truth and lies has been obsolete for years. They are cultists. They live in an impenetrable bubble.

Many people leaving the RNC leadership conference said they felt Trump should go and they were ready for a change. None of them were concerned about the attempted coup or insurrection. They just wanted someone else because they felt Trump couldn't win a national election.

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
They just stormed the Senate chamber as the presidential election was being ratified. Just a coincidence.

If this is such a nothingburger event, what was the last time before Jan 6 that the Vice President had to hide in a broom closet in the basement of the Capitol for hours to avoid an unmanaged crowd milling about the building?
Oh, so there was no insurrection, just an unmanaged crowd. And they held a show trial for that? LOL. And Pence ran and hid from an unmanaged crowd milling about the building instead of just leaving? LOL.

·
Registered
11,878 Posts

FYI Canada doesn't have states.

Okay, I'll tell them.
"You have bodily autonomy, It is your body, and your choice what you choose to do with the thing living inside you"

And as I have stated, repeatedly, she should have the right to kill the baby if she doesn't want it. I simply reject the notion that killing people is "reproductive health".
I said so previously in this or another thread, I even said that the baby should be killed if the mother so chooses. I also said the person raping 10 year olds should be executed, apparently that was upsetting too.

However, I do think damaging medical clinics that support pregnant people IS a literal attack on reproductive health.

361 - 380 of 401 Posts