Canadian Money Forum banner
301 - 320 of 363 Posts

·
Registered
14,963 Posts
They didn't try to kill Mike Pence because he was hiding in a closet? I suppose this is true in a way. Kind of like the 2014 Parliament Hill shooter didn't try to kill Harper as he was hiding in a closet.

·
Registered
978 Posts
They didn't try to kill Mike Pence because he was hiding in a closet? I suppose this is true in a way. Kind of like the 2014 Parliament Hill shooter didn't try to kill Harper as he was hiding in a closet.
And yet no one is on trial for attempted murder. Probably because no one had a gun and no one made any threats to any member of parliament. You are lying.

·
Registered
978 Posts
Jan 6 footage shows that Trump was in an SUV after the rally but someone testified today that he attacked a secret service agent and tried to take over the presidential limo and drive it himself. Of course no secret service agents were questioned. 😁😁😁

This has gone beyond parody but CNN is gleefully following it as if it actually happened. No one can be so stupid as to actually believe this happened, can they?

·
Registered
978 Posts
The other day during the show trial testimony was given saying she heard that Trump reached over the seat and tried to strangle the driver of the presidential limo. First of all hearsay is not legal in court, but this is a show trial so it's allowed.

Secondly, there is a partition that separates the driver from the rear of the vehicle so what was alleged is impossible.

Will she face any charges for lying in court? My guess is that she won't. I expect that sags has already added this event that didn't happen to his list of Trump "crimes".

·
Registered
11,501 Posts
Jan 6 footage shows that Trump was in an SUV after the rally but someone testified today that he attacked a secret service agent and tried to take over the presidential limo and drive it himself. Of course no secret service agents were questioned. 😁😁😁

This has gone beyond parody but CNN is gleefully following it as if it actually happened. No one can be so stupid as to actually believe this happened, can they?

"But one source close to the Secret Service told CBS News that both the driver of the car and Robert Engel — a Secret Service agent who was then the head of Trump's security detail — are prepared to testify under oath that Trump did not lunge at the car's steering wheel and that Trump did not verbally or physically assault them. "

Also, is it even believable that he's going to wrestle the secret service agents to drive there?
Like just put your foot on the brakes.

The fact that this testimony wasn't simply laughed out is the story here.

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
What Canada can learn from it is how the US got to this point and the steps we could take to avoid a similar outcome.
What steps would those be?

We are living in Crazyville. People are hyper aggressive and infected with whacko ideas. It's not just a fringe group, either. Every time I get on a plane, some chick acts like a 3 year old when told to put on her mask. It's embarrassing how childish they act.

It wasn't always like this. We used to have some courtesy with the odd a-hole. These days, we have a-holes with the odd courteous person.

It seems, the more affluent we get, the more obnoxious we get.

·
Registered
2,951 Posts
It used to be a courteous country.
Since then though we had human rights abuse corruption, citing Hitler, calling people 'a waste of space', interference in legal system, and more human rights abuse from Prime Minister.
That's why the country is divided and no longer courteous. Actions have consequences. Did you expect people whose rights are abused to take it quietly forever?

·
Registered
19,509 Posts
There was a documentary film crew filming the scene in the limo with Trump. Apparently it shows Trump lunging forward several times.

Trump's out of control temper was well known. He habitually threw plates and food at the wall. One intern was hired to play show tunes to calm him down.

There is still lots of testimony to come from many witnesses and video from films taken that day.

It is interesting that as Republicans attack his former staffer's credibility, former Chief of Staff Mark Meadows has nothing to say.

·
Registered
19,509 Posts
Some people are going to prison over the Jan6 insurrection, as they should.

It is still a long shot the JOC prosecute Trump though. It may not be worth the turmoil it would cause to put an old man in prison. He will be gone soon anyways.

·
Registered
2,951 Posts
Are you suggesting Trudeau should intervene in a CRA audit ?
No, I suggest he shouldn't be giving 3mln dollars of our money to group that proclaims gays should be killed, wives can be beaten, suicide bombers are heroes, and those who stop them commit treason.

But we already know he gives money to terrorists so like interference in legal system - nothing new here

·
Registered
24,281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #320 ·
Fox News Legal Analyst, Andy McCarthy, talked about Trump's criminality and how he's unfit to ever be in power again.

Here is what the Fox News Legal Analyst said.

One of the things I thought was really deficient about the impeachment investigation right after the Capitol riot was the failure to peel back the curtain on what President Trump was doing, not only in the lead-up to January 6, but in the minutes and hours that were critical during the riot. We now have, from a witness who has a lot of first-hand knowledge, a real look at what was going on there which I think is a critically important element of it.
And I guess the second thing is, I always thought that this whole discussion about incitement was kind of a side-show. What I think you have here based on the testimony we heard yesterday, is a situation where now, assuming the truth of Hutchinson's account (and I don't think there's any reason for her to be lying about this), ...
Trump was clearly aware, just moments before he took the podium, that you had a mob of heavily armed people. That was what this whole argument about whether the magnetometers should be taken away, and whether armed people should be allowed to come. And I thought the critical things he says there are, "They're not here to hurt me" which means/implies that, in his mind, he knows they're here to hurt someone. It's just not him.
And the second thing he says, which I don't think has gotten enough attention, is, he says "they can come in, they can hear me, and then they can march to the Capitol"
- Andy McCarthy, Fox News Legal Analyst

Trump was aware that the crowd was armed and violent, and he knew they meant to hurt government people.

301 - 320 of 363 Posts