Canadian Money Forum banner

41 - 60 of 915 Posts

·
Registered
652 Posts
I would have an issue if the Liberals broke the rules that apply to all of the political parties.
Uh, you left some parts out of uh, Trudeau's promise. "It's time for a change in this country my friends, real change." https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wD5FAzvltpI But now their defense for all it's "the Conservatives did it too."

You also left out his promise of "no preferential access to government..." http://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/liberals-fundraiser-conflict-letter-1.3838512

A six figure donation and $50K for a statue for Trudeau's father by someone connected to the Chinese government, waiting Fed. approval for a bank opening is starting to sound like the Clinton Foundation. Iran, Qatar next with such generous donations?

The public is not stupid just patient. Canadians won't let him ruin Canada by being another spending fool like his father was.

·
Registered
12,556 Posts
Trudeau gives to much money to war torn countries. Cant really send money to help build up countries when bombs are going off tearing the countries down. We should be refining our own gas & oil so we can be more independent instead of giving money to other countries & immigrants coming into our country helping to make them dependent.

I would like to see Trudeau not waist any money or time or energy on climate change. Get ride of the HST, The HST strengthens the underground economy. Equal laws for everyone, no special treatment, or special funding for first nations.
Any evidence? Has he radically changed foreign aid policy from Harper? Hint: answer is no.

·
Registered
2,260 Posts
The only downside we have seen from the defeat of the Harper Government is that we in Alberta are stuck with Jason Kenney on the provincial politics scene.

He is another washed up, has been professional politician looking for power and a second pension.

·
Registered
15,839 Posts
in foreign & military policy, what i see is that the trudeau government has veered very slightly & almost imperceptibly to the left, but they will go no further for now since they correctly judge that stay-where-we're-at is what the majority of canadians want right now.

·
Banned
2,915 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
In BC the drug thing is bad and costing a lot of recourses. Trudeau should get behind a Canada wide program and round them up and force withdrawal and treatment. Having paramedics stand by to give doses so that drug addicts survive is a huge waste of money.

·
Registered
12,556 Posts
In BC the drug thing is bad and costing a lot of recourses. Trudeau should get behind a Canada wide program and round them up and force withdrawal and treatment. Having paramedics stand by to give doses so that drug addicts survive is a huge waste of money.
You haven't got a clue. I'm sure you're a huge fan of the Duterte approach of having vigilante mobs executing suspected drug addicts in the streets. In reality, dealing with problems like drug addiction and mental illness using harm reduction approaches is cheaper and more effective.

I know you haven't got a clue because nowhere in Canada do paramedics administer illicit narcotics. There are some safe injection sites such as Insite in Vancouver where injection drug uses inject themselves under supervision of nurses. This saves money because it reduces risk of overdose and needle sharing. It also keeps used needles off the streets where children might find them. It also brings addicts to places where they can interact with social workers so that when they are ready to get control of their lives they have the support they need.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Insite#Research

·
Registered
12,765 Posts
I think the way drugs are handled in this country are part of the problem.

I delivered for a month or so for a "delivery" company, which was nothing more than one person directing other people with cars on pickup and deliveries.

They delivered everything from food to medicine. I went to pharmacies and picked up drugs and took them to customers.

No background check, no driver licence check, no insurance check............no nothing.

One day the "owner" calls me and says to pick up a delivery from another driver. He was stopped by the police and was taken away under arrest. I had to finish his delivery.

Apparently he had warrants for his arrest on drug charges, and he also didn't have a drivers licence or insurance. He was delivering drugs at the time.

I got thinking about it and called the RCMP and asked them about this "delivery system". I asked why people who deliver aren't bonded and checked by the RCMP.

They didn't know and hadn't thought about it before.

As far as I know the same thing is happening today.

The handling of drugs is pretty cavalier. There is no central registry for pharmacies to check if a person has been getting drugs all over the place. There are no laws on who can deliver drugs.

If the government wants to start somewhere.................that would be a good place to begin.

·
Registered
4,668 Posts
https://www.thestar.com/news/world/2016/11/26/justin-trudeau-calls-fidel-castro-a-legendary-revolutionary.html

... Trudeau, who is attending the Francophonie Summit in Madagascar, offered condolences on behalf of all Canadians and at the same time acknowledged that Castro was a controversial figure.

Trudeau recently travelled to Cuba but was unable to meet with Castro, who had been a friend of his father and served as an honorary pallbearer at Pierre Trudeau’s funeral in 2000.

Trudeau said he knows his father was very proud to call Fidel Castro a friend and that it was a real honour to meet his three sons and his brother while he was in Cuba.
... wow, speaking for "all" Canadians when it's the Trudeau's family who is speaking to be very proud to be friend of Castro et familie.

Well, at least Canadians can continue getting cheap vacations in Cuba.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Trudeau Is A Disaster

Trudeau is the worst Prime Minister I have ever witnessed. The Liberal governments of Trudeau and Wynne will bankrupt Ontario and Canada. Spend, spend spend - most of it on borrowed money.

·
Registered
3,834 Posts
https://www.thestar.com/news/world/2016/11/26/justin-trudeau-calls-fidel-castro-a-legendary-revolutionary.html

... wow, speaking for "all" Canadians when it's the Trudeau's family who is speaking to be very proud to be friend of Castro et familie.

Well, at least Canadians can continue getting cheap vacations in Cuba.
Yes, the "for all Canadians" part was particularly disgusting. Not in my name. Nor am I setting foot on Cuba for as long as the people are enslaved.

·
Registered
12,765 Posts
The PCs are so weak they are trying to make Trudeau's condolences to the Cuban people a political issue.

People be like..............pffft............talk to my hand knitted red mitten.

·
Registered
3,834 Posts
Trudeau is a bit of a laughing stock around the world right now. It's not every day we see a leader of a free nation eulogize a murderous fascist.

·
Registered
3,834 Posts
Cuban people are to be congratulated on finally getting rid of a tyrant who tortured and murdered them for over 50 years.

·
Registered
3,834 Posts
Technically, Castro was not a fascist. Tyrannical dictator, yes.
Put it this way... If Trump is a "fascist" based on the **** he said and things he MIGHT do, then a tyrant who oppressed the country for decades and murdered/tortured opposition and gays did not exactly "serve his people".

That statement was an abomination.

·
Registered
12,556 Posts
Agreed. I don't approve of Trudeau's neo-Marxist tendencies. Problem is there is not true liberal party in Canada. Harper was too authoritarian for me as well.

41 - 60 of 915 Posts