Canadian Money Forum banner

161 - 180 of 196 Posts

·
Registered
685 Posts
Headlines like this is what upsets people….

Just shows how weak the virus is. The virus is so weak 5000 people had the virus & were able to still get on a plane. Though with 97% false positive only 3 out of every 100 had the virus. Japan is having more deaths from suicide then from Covid.

LOL listen to your lying dictators pay thousands of dollars to torture your self with solitary confinement. Parents go to prison for locking their kids in the basement. Yet those that cant hold themselves up & are like kids that are dependent want the government to look after them by locking them down. So they can not go outside & see the amazing light shows of the universe.

The result of not holding your self up & wanting to follow your dictators
March to Stalin, hail Hitler, Lock your self in the basement, wear your filthy useless mask, once you have been brain washed go get you kill shot

·
Registered
265 Posts
Not yet
I.wish they would ,
Land crossing is much lower. Something like .25 is the number I recall. A large percentage were snowbirds and almost everyone of them was fully vaccinated. The people who tested positive at the airports are placed in government detention centers.

·
Registered
4,631 Posts
Headlines like this is what upsets people….

Thats about 10x the rate that travellers to Hawaii had and Hawaii was doing it long before vaccines. Are the countries other than USA providing the majority of those cases...or?

·
Registered
14,756 Posts
In many places, local testing was sporadic or non-existent. I think the data reflects that reality and is unreliable.

Hospitalizations and deaths are difficult enough to track thoroughly. Tracking testing data is an exercise in futility.

What we know for certain is what the doctors and nurses in the ICU's tell us they witness every day.

Rising numbers of younger, healthy people who become very sick from the virus variants and require intensive medical intervention.

We need to proceed based on the indisputable information we know. The virus spreads quickly when there is an opportunity to do so.

We need to continue to wear masks and social distance. All social events, inside dining, and travel must remain restricted.

At this point in time, we don't know if the vaccines work well against the variants, or if a new variant is on the horizon.

We do know that if we don't control the spread of this virus it will continue to mutate and all it takes is one mutation to set us back to the start again.

We shouldn't continue to rely on good luck to keep us safe. We are past that stage.

·
Registered
265 Posts
I wonder about Switch Health. They were given a 100 million contract to do the covid testing under the Trudeau travel restrictions. They were only incorporated in 2020. Their experience in testing looked skimpy at best. The leading figures don't appear to have experience in this area. Global TV has done two stories of the brutal experiences people have had with their on-line testing and testing. I can totally agree . I am on day 17 under the quarantine because I haven't received my test results. After a 5 hour wait on day 8 I did the on line kit and had my sample shipped by courier to a lab in Calgary. Since then I have had 13 lengthy talks with a variety of people. Most of those contacts had at least 50 minute wait times. On day 14 I got a call from a guy from the government. He knew I didn't have my results and reminded me that until I did I must remain in quarantine. He said their was a good chance a surveillance officer would be checking me out in person. On my last call to SH they told me that they would no longer take any more questions as this matter was under investigation. To be perfectly candidate I would have real doubts about the reliability or accuracy of anything from this organization. I have taken it upon myself to get a test from a well known tester in Calgary. I paid extra and they say I will have my results in 4 hours. I get into my car. Park in their parking lot then phone them and I am then directed to a drive through site for testing. . I drive back home to await the results. I should have done that on day one. Anyways my assessment of SwitchHealth is brutal. I would like to know their connection to the corrupt Liberal government and whether this was a sole sourced contract.I fully expect Global will doing more on this story and they should. CTV and CBC being paid disciples of the Trudeau government will ignore the story.

·
Registered
265 Posts
My sample was delivered to Switch Health on April 26. I just received an email telling me I should get my test results on May8. I broke quarantine yesterday by going to a Calgary lab. The covid test sample was taken at 8:30 AM and I had my results by 11:00. The government should be terminating the contract with Switch Health and engaging the provincial testing agencies in administering these tests. Given my experience and thousands of others I have real doubt about the accuracy and reliability of their testing. This company is inexperienced and totally incompetent.

·
Registered
4,631 Posts
That's pathetic...turn around PCR test times should be about 8 hours. Maybe it run by JT's cousins or something.

·
Registered
265 Posts
That's pathetic...turn around PCR test times should be about 8 hours. Maybe it run by JT's cousins or something.
They were incorporated in 2020 and they don't appear to have proven track record. The founders don't appear to have a background in lab work. They were given the exclusive contract for the travellers quarantine program for a 100 million. Sounds and smells like a Liberal inside job. Curious does the sample still provide a reliable sample when it has been sitting around for 14 days?

·
Registered
265 Posts
Maybe they are just holding onto the results for 14 days?
Just received the Switch Health results. My sample's testing was completed at 5:11 May 4. My sample was extracted and placed in a vile on April 24 at 18:13. That is a 10 day interval . What ever happened to the principle of " the greatest good for the greatest many"? Why use stretched labs and resources on a third test for fully vaccinated people? why employ up to a hundred nurses to test fully vaccinated people? that is enough to man 25 ICUs. I guess Trudeau knows more than the CDC, Israel, Australia and many other countries who have lifted testing and quarantining for fully vaccinated people? Real time evidence is showing that a full vaccination with Moderna and Pfizer is extremely protective and virtually eliminates the risk of any transmission.

·
Registered
14,756 Posts
A vaccinated man died in New Brunswick from the SA variant. Vaccinations may not be the "go free" passport that you believe they are.

·
Registered
265 Posts
A vaccinated man died in New Brunswick from the SA variant. Vaccinations may not be the "go free" passport that you believe they are.
Sometimes people get killed in car crashes. Sometimes people get killed when they out for a walk. I bet this guy got the Astrezenca vaccine. It is well know that it offers no protection against the SA variant. That vaccine has not been approved for the USA. With people with one shot only they are still vulnerable but at a lower rate. Travel restrictions should be lifted for fully vaccinated people .Would like more details about this person.

·
Registered
265 Posts
At the very least two covid tests should be plenty for fully vaccinated person. The third test serves no useful person and it wastes health resources.

·
Registered
14,756 Posts
People are boarding aircraft testing negative and arriving at their destination testing positive. Testing is an indication but is not fail safe.

The only measure that works is lock downs, which Alberta just finally announced. Now the question is of enforcement.

Our sister in law and family live in Edmonton and were staunch Conservatives for decades.

They now tell us the NDP will win the next election in Alberta, due to Premier Kenny's mishandling of the virus response.

Like some other Provincial Premiers he has failed in his highest priority of protecting the people.

There are now calls for a halt to unnecessary domestic travel. Provincial borders are going to end up being closed.

We need to face the reality. The virus is mutating and spreading. We are one variation away from a global catastrophe.

·
Registered
265 Posts
People are boarding aircraft testing negative and arriving at their destination testing positive. Testing is an indication but is not fail safe.

The only measure that works is lock downs, which Alberta just finally announced. Now the question is of enforcement.

Our sister in law and family live in Edmonton and were staunch Conservatives for decades.

They now tell us the NDP will win the next election in Alberta, due to Premier Kenny's mishandling of the virus response.

Like some other Provincial Premiers he has failed in his highest priority of protecting the people.

There are now calls for a halt to unnecessary domestic travel. Provincial borders are going to end up being closed.

We need to face the reality. The virus is mutating and spreading. We are one variation away from a global catastrophe.
This article brings some science and statical analysis. The second dose for Moderna and Pfizer. results in a much superior level of protection. The Houston Methodist study is pretty illuminating along with the Israeli experience. A single case or a freak outlier is not the basis to build public health measures.

Attachments

·
Registered
265 Posts
The science and statistics are not relevant to the variants.
You should have been watching the CBC interview with the German scientists who developed the Pfizer vaccine. He says his work is showing the vaccine is effective against all the variants. Clearly in countries with a high level of fully vaccinated people the variants are not near the problem we find in Canada. Notwithstanding this diversion Trudeau's testing program for travellers is pathetic and highly questionable.

·
Registered
13,790 Posts
Sometimes people get killed in car crashes. Sometimes people get killed when they out for a walk. I bet this guy got the Astrezenca vaccine. It is well know that it offers no protection against the SA variant. That vaccine has not been approved for the USA. With people with one shot only they are still vulnerable but at a lower rate. Travel restrictions should be lifted for fully vaccinated people .Would like more details about this person.
Maybe when we have a lower baseline rate of infection. Fully vaccinated people still have 10% risk of becoming infected (and thereby spreading further).

161 - 180 of 196 Posts