Canadian Money Forum banner

141 - 160 of 196 Posts

·
Registered
6,794 Posts
Discussion Starter · #141 ·
You definitely should be in "that camp" as the CDC themselves says their numbers are understated. :)
I don't think that means their numbers are questionable.
Data collection isn't perfect, but I think the CDC along with many other countries have reasonably good data.

it isn't like India, where they KNOW the data isn't capturing the situation, or other countries where it is thought to be heavily manipulated by the government.

There are issues with the US data, but being bad data isn't one of them.

·
Registered
6,794 Posts
Discussion Starter · #143 ·
Require COVID-19 tests for domestic air travellers, Ford government tells feds

I thought "all (international & domestic)" air-travellers required a Covid test prior to being eligible to board a plane. I guess not based on this latest news / above link. Watch the uproars.
it's well documented that Trudeau lies, or misleads.
He says things are happening, then when people look into it, they're not.

FOI requests are being delayed, denied, and pre-released to the government departments so they can strategize their response.

·
Registered
6,794 Posts
Discussion Starter · #145 ·
A politician that dissembles, who'd have thought?
I just think Trudeau is particularly blatant, almost as bad as McGuinty.

Typically Canadian politicians aren't so blatant that they are lying and there is nothing you can do about it, it's part of the reason our politics is relatively friendly.

·
Super Moderator
4,041 Posts
I don't think that means their numbers are questionable.
Data collection isn't perfect, but I think the CDC along with many other countries have reasonably good data.
I think you're missing the point, CDC themselves say that. So they report a number like 5800 cases that very well might be 580,000 cases or something else ... they freely admit the count is low. Not knocking the CDC here, they stated the numbers correctly and put the discalimer in that the count is no doubt lower than what's really out there.

·
Registered
6,794 Posts
Discussion Starter · #147 ·
I think you're missing the point, CDC themselves say that. So they report a number like 5800 cases that very well might be 580,000 cases or something else ... they freely admit the count is low. Not knocking the CDC here, they stated the numbers correctly and put the discalimer in that the count is no doubt lower than what's really out there.
I understand.
They claim 32.2M cases, I agree that it is likely an undercount.
However I don't think they're off by an order of magitude (322 million is almost the entire US population).

Also case numbers are pretty much guaranteed to be under counted due to sampling bias, and in the case of COVID with widespread asymptomatic cases it's logically going to be larger than "normal". This is a common problem with population heath, which is why Public Health is such an interesting field, you KNOW you're working with bad data. The statistical tools being developed are amazing. Unfortunately they're also complex

I think the case counts in the US are actually going to be very good due to the relatively well developed testing and reporting systems. Maybe Taiwan did a better job, but I think the US is comparable or likely better than many other G20 nations.

·
Super Moderator
4,041 Posts
I understand.
They claim 32.2M cases, I agree that it is likely an undercount.
However I don't think they're off by an order of magitude (322 million is almost the entire US population).
We are discussing the number of "breakthrough" cases of fully vaccinated not total amount of covid cases. :)

·
Registered
13,790 Posts
This is why I haven't criticized the CDC, but the people misinterpreting this factoid. Maybe my only critique of the CDC on this is publishing an easily misinterpreted statement.

·
Registered
6,794 Posts
Discussion Starter · #150 ·
This is why I haven't criticized the CDC, but the people misinterpreting this factoid. Maybe my only critique of the CDC on this is publishing an easily misinterpreted statement.
People misinterpret stuff all the time.
I think the blame is with them, not for the CDC correctly disclosing the issue.

It's a common problem that people fail to disclose these things.
In fact it's an easy way to discount shoddy politically motivated research.

If a real world study doesn't have shortcomings, limits, or negative implications, it is likely poor research.

·
Registered
20,457 Posts
Seems like you're criticizing Tam et al based on the past, not the present. Look, you're going to confirm what you want to believe. That's human nature.
A couple of these guys on this board just want to do their vacation travels.

Our country has bigger problems to deal with than the travel fun of a few people. It's quite literally at the bottom of the list of priorities and I don't want any health official taking time from other urgent tasks to try dealing with this minor problem.

It's like we're in the middle of a war, and a few people are complaining that they're having trouble booking Caribbean resorts. Yeah, that will happen during wartime.

·
Registered
13,790 Posts
I agree, it's a case of world's tiniest violin for people whose recreational travel plans are inconvenienced.

·
Registered
4,631 Posts
We need to stop the theatrics although that is hard for a drama teacher.

The USA most likely will reopen its border to Canada by July as there is more & more pressure down here to do so.

·
Registered
685 Posts
Closing the boarder censors the truth since those from other countries can not tell what is really going on. google "Martin Armstrong In India people are attacking the vaccine Nazis." could not get the video to download. There seams to be a cover up in India where the people that are dying are the ones that have been vaccinated & not from Covid. For population control they can play games with who they give the kill shot to & what is put into the genetic cocktails.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Closing the boarder censors the truth since those from other countries can not tell what is really going on. google "Martin Armstrong In India people are attacking the vaccine Nazis." could not get the video to download. There seams to be a cover up in India where the people that are dying are the ones that have been vaccinated & not from Covid. For population control they can play games with who they give the kill shot to & what is put into the genetic cocktails.
So the idea is mass population control through the use of deadly vaccines for a virus that never really existed?

A brilliant plan, except for the whole part about people eventually catching on that the vaccine is killing people in abundance.

And I have to say, closing the borders to silence these people is equally brilliant, because, how else could they be heard if they are not allowed to step off a plane and speak face to face with a Canadian citizen?

·
Registered
265 Posts
I wonder about Switch Health. They were given a 100 million contract to do the covid testing under the Trudeau travel restrictions. They were only incorporated in 2020. Their experience in testing looked skimpy at best. The leading figures don't appear to have experience in this area. Global TV has done two stories of the brutal experiences people have had with their on-line testing and testing. I can totally agree . I am on day 17 under the quarantine because I haven't received my test results. After a 5 hour wait on day 8 I did the on line kit and had my sample shipped by courier to a lab in Calgary. Since then I have had 13 lengthy talks with a variety of people. Most of those contacts had at least 50 minute wait times. On day 14 I got a call from a guy from the government. He knew I didn't have my results and reminded me that until I did I must remain in quarantine. He said their was a good chance a surveillance officer would be checking me out in person. On my last call to SH they told me that they would no longer take any more questions as this matter was under investigation. To be perfectly candidate I would have real doubts about the reliability or accuracy of anything from this organization. I have taken it upon myself to get a test from a well known tester in Calgary. I paid extra and they say I will have my results in 4 hours. I get into my car. Park in their parking lot then phone them and I am then directed to a drive through site for testing. . I drive back home to await the results. I should have done that on day one. Anyways my assessment of SwitchHealth is brutal. I would like to know their connection to the corrupt Liberal government and whether this was a sole sourced contract.I fully expect Global will doing more on this story and they should. CTV and CBC being paid disciples of the Trudeau government will ignore the story.

·
Registered
265 Posts
141 - 160 of 196 Posts