Canadian Money Forum banner

181 - 200 of 237 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #181 ·
Maybe when we have a lower baseline rate of infection. Fully vaccinated people still have 10% risk of becoming infected (and thereby spreading further).
But the R value is slightly over 1, you get the R value to much less than 1 and it will die out quickly
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,194 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,186 Posts
^ Then find a way to get to another open EU country and hop onwards to Italy.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,648 Posts
Trudeau said yesterday he thinks travel should be open by summer. Most of the EU will be open to fully vaccinated travellers other than those that got the AZ.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,648 Posts
He was quoted in the G&M yesterday while commenting on joining the EU plan for covid passports, if that's what you are asking. I link the article if I come on it again.


The proposals, published by the European Commission, advised that arrivals must have been inoculated 14 days before arrival with a vaccine from its approved list, including BioNTech/Pfizer, Oxford University/AstraZeneca, Johnson & Johnson and Moderna.

Got it although its same article, just different online source...


Trudeau said Canadians could begin travelling outside the country again by summer.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,552 Posts
The proposals, published by the European Commission, advised that arrivals must have been inoculated 14 days before arrival with a vaccine from its approved list, including BioNTech/Pfizer, Oxford University/AstraZeneca, Johnson & Johnson and Moderna.
So not excluding the AZ, then. :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,648 Posts
So not excluding the AZ, then. :)
The way I read it is for people that received a vaccine approved for use in the EU. They may change obviously as all the Russian & Chinese will be excluded.

Fwiw I have no intention of ever hitting up Europe again...back to the Baja is my Shangri-La...no BS vaccine or testing requirements, just great fish tacos.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,552 Posts
The way I read it is for people that received a vaccine approved for use in the EU. They may change obviously as all the Russian & Chinese will be excluded.

Fwiw I have no intention of ever hitting up Europe again...back to the Baja is my Shangri-La...no BS vaccine or testing requirements, just great fish tacos.
My point was just that you have the AZ in your list of approved ones, haha. You might have overlooked it because they called it Oxford/AstraZeneca but it's the same one.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,648 Posts
Lol I never noticed that...when the articles about this were 1st coming out AZ wasn't on the list...I assumed it was because of the EU halt on it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,194 Posts
He was quoted in the G&M yesterday while commenting on joining the EU plan for covid passports, if that's what you are asking. I link the article if I come on it again.


The proposals, published by the European Commission, advised that arrivals must have been inoculated 14 days before arrival with a vaccine from its approved list, including BioNTech/Pfizer, Oxford University/AstraZeneca, Johnson & Johnson and Moderna.

Got it although its same article, just different online source...


Trudeau said Canadians could begin travelling outside the country again by summer.
Ok. Thanks. I thought you meant people fully vaccinated with AZ would not be eligible for the passport.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
311 Posts
Not sure why people would want to restrict travel for fully vaccinated Mrna vaccinated travellers.. These folks are fully protected at a level of 97% and for the other 3% they have very mild cases of covid which is unlikely to be a transmitter. I think people in Canada would be dancing in the streets in celebration if covid was reduced by 97%. Nothing in life is risk free. Reducing covid by 97% is about as good as one can expect. It is becoming clear that the Mnra vaccines are protective against all of the mutants. The Houston Methodist study and the Israeli experience is pretty strong. Health Canada is a poor source as the AG pointed out. They had an excellent opportunity over the past 4 months to track many thousands of fully vaccinated incoming travellers and they failed to that. I have little confidence in that agency. They have been foot draggers par excellence.










5
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
711 Posts
Not sure why people would want to restrict travel for fully vaccinated Mrna vaccinated travellers.. These folks are fully protected at a level of 97% and for the other 3% they have very mild cases of covid which is unlikely to be a transmitter. I think people in Canada would be dancing in the streets in celebration if covid was reduced by 97%. Nothing in life is risk free. Reducing covid by 97% is about as good as one can expect. It is becoming clear that the Mnra vaccines are protective against all of the mutants. The Houston Methodist study and the Israeli experience is pretty strong. Health Canada is a poor source as the AG pointed out. They had an excellent opportunity over the past 4 months to track many thousands of fully vaccinated incoming travellers and they failed to that. I have little confidence in that agency. They have been foot draggers par excellence.










5
The 95% number was by press release which means nothing. Having had the virus offers more immunity then the genetic cocktails.

I am keeping a close I on those that have gotten vaccinated as they might be dangerous since some scientists are saying screwing with peoples genetics could effect their moods, ability to think, cause alzheimer or cause autism in the future.

The vaccinated having played games with their immune system could be a real threat for carrying viruses.

Lock downs & masks do not work so why wear a mask or lock anyone down ?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
311 Posts
I just got a report from Medipac. They saw no deviation or increase in claims over the past winter.Covid didn't appear to have any impact on their Snowbird claims..
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11,205 Posts
That was also my impression ! I got worried for a minute as my wife got AZ... It would be stupid not to include AZ as majority of UK got it.
Actually, also Sputnik V and Sinovax should be included, as many Eastern European EU countries like Hungary, Slovakia are using them... or they should close border like during Cold WAR
 
181 - 200 of 237 Posts
Top