Canadian Money Forum banner
1 - 20 of 408 Posts

·
Registered
3,130 Posts
How many flights per week do you think are still going between here and India, the world's hotspot?

How many of those travellers are popping $750 to avoid quarantine and going home? How exactly are Indian double-variants already present?

·
Registered
7,954 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
$750 and you avoid quarantine and can spread the double or now triple variants as you wish. Probably someone will call and ask you if you're behaving nicely. That's about it.
The quarantine act allows for jail time, and fines of hundreds of thousands of dollars.

Quite honestly if I had the choice of $2k for a quarantine hotel, or $750 to stay home, I think it's moronic to expect anyone to stay in the quarantine hotel

·
Banned
800 Posts
It's been a year, it's time to get serious.

We're importing mutations that are more dangerous, and may not be stopped by current vaccines.

Trudeau close the borders!!!
What is the percent different of the variant?

According to Michael Yeadon former VP @ Pfizer it is only .3%. I would supply a video link though the video has been censored on this site twice. Scare everyone to create new markets for the drug dealers new genetic cocktails.

Lets take isolation to the point where mothers in Africa have to leave new born to defend for themselves because they cant afford to feed them. Poverty kills more then any virus. Everything the poli TICKS have done has just matters worse. Yet people do not want to hold themselves up & want the poli TICKS to do more. Total insanity wanting different results & keep doing the same thing.

·
Registered
15,674 Posts
Chrystia may have to have another talk with Justin and get the borders closed.

·
Registered
7,954 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Chrystia may have to have another talk with Justin and get the borders closed.
maybe she can order him some fancy socks off amazon and distract him for a few days so she can sort out this mess.

·
Registered
409 Posts
Even when Covid-deniers have been importing and spreading the UK and Brazil variants, businesses and politicians still wanted to keep the economy open.

When the federal government introduced deterrents to avert travel, Covid-deniers just complained about the high cost and inconvenience but found ways to bypass the mandatory 3-day hotel quarantine stay.

If and when there is a total ban on all air travel and closure to land and sea crossings, who here will be the first to complain that we have lost our freedom behind an iron curtain? Who here will complain about the increasing deficit paid to compensate keeping aircrafts on the ground? Who here will find other ways to sneak in and out because it's all a hoax.

·
Registered
7,954 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Even when Covid-deniers have been importing and spreading the UK and Brazil variants, businesses and politicians still wanted to keep the economy open.

When the federal government introduced deterrents to avert travel, Covid-deniers just complained about the high cost and inconvenience but found ways to bypass the mandatory 3-day hotel quarantine stay.

If and when there is a total ban on all air travel and closure to land and sea crossings, who here will be the first to complain that we have lost our freedom behind an iron curtain? Who here will complain about the increasing deficit paid to compensate keeping aircrafts on the ground? Who here will find other ways to sneak in and out because it's all a hoax.
Well there is a middle ground between wide open, and iron curtain 100% sealed.
I don't think many people are really for either extreme.

We just want the reasonable and practical measures to stop bringing in new variants.
They did this in Taiwan and New Zealand to great success.

·
Registered
2,779 Posts
How many flights per week do you think are still going between here and India, the world's hotspot?

How many of those travellers are popping $750 to avoid quarantine and going home? How exactly are Indian double-variants already present?
It is not just flights from India. It is people flying from India. They can be on flights from London, Frankurt, Amersterdam, SE Asai Paris, etc. where passengers from India have changed planes. Not to mention those who have stopped over in any of those cities for several days.

·
Registered
7,954 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
It is not just flights from India. It is people flying from India. They can be on flights from London, Frankurt, Amersterdam, SE Asai Paris, etc. where passengers from India have changed planes. Not to mention those who have stopped over in any of those cities for several days.
That's why they should quarantine all travellers.

·
Banned
800 Posts
Just vaccinate everything and relax border restrictions to allow tourism from fully vaccinated tourists.
Your leading the way to microchip everyone. To prove your vaccinated your going to need a microchip injected on your forehead for all to see. There are an estimated 380 trillion viruses living in your body right now. Do we need a genetic cocktail for all of them ?? The drug dealers have been granted immunity for anything that goes wrong with their experimental cocktails that have not been fully tested. How can health Canada say they are safe when they have not been fully tested yet ?? They are not really vaccines since they do not have a piece of the virus in them.

·
Registered
403 Posts
He can force them into quarantine.
Unless you are living on a different planet that is what is being done. I returned on the 17th of April with a full vaccination , negative PCR test and I will be in house arrest until my time is complete. We complete on line questiionare daily and we get numerous random phone calls and might can an actual in person checkup. Before the quarantine is complete I must get two more PCR tests with negative results. The fines for not compliance are $3000 per offence. Instead of a North Korea approach here is my suggestion. All essential workers travelling back and forth with the US should be vaccinated now. Blocking that sort of travel would mean empty produce shelves and a shutdown of much of the economy. That would be shooting yourself in the foot. I see Manitoba has worked out such a vaccination program with the state of North Dakota. A another step is to ban all incoming flights from hot spots like India and barring entry for non-citizen from those countries. There up to 8 incoming flights from India daily. The current hotel detention and land crossing quarantine program has its flaws . The one that doesn't make sense is quarantining fully vaccinated Canadians. Australia, Ireland, Israel and other countries have lifted the quarantines for those travellers. The evidence is overwhelming . Vaccinated people's risk is almost reduced to zero. If you are looking at perfection you are the wrong planet. I should point that less then 1% of incoming travellers have tested positive and they have been placed in government detention centres. Ontario is showing 4500 positive tests per day what is the government doing with them ? Another fact to consider is the CDC says that the covid virus will mutate into various new forms on its own and this is clearly what has been happening. I have great difficulty seeing how incoming air travellers are the cause given the current restrictions and detentions.

·
Registered
258 Posts
What a joke. 95% of the population has been following the rules and sacrificing for the past 13 months and our country continues to allow viruses from countries without restrictions in.

·
Super Moderator
4,287 Posts
What a joke. 95% of the population has been following the rules and sacrificing for the past 13 months and our country continues to allow viruses from countries without restrictions in.
I highly doubt 95% have been following the rules here. I'd be surprised if real compliance is over 75%.

1 - 20 of 408 Posts