Canadian Money Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3,136 Posts
I think the demise of internal combustion engines is overstated. Will there still be gas engines in 20 years.....yes, I think they will still be produced. Gas engines are also getting more efficient which I think will prolong their use.

I think the biggest factor with EVs, is the lack of charging infrastructure across the country. Americans in particular love the “road trip” and often have family much farther away than your typical Canadian family. We also seem to have huge difficulties getting large-scale infrastructure projects off the ground in North America.

·
Registered
3,136 Posts
With the recent run in some pipeline stocks I plead with you all to sell anything pipeline related. This is the insanity to expect going forward. This will actually hurt the poor the most as their utility costs will skyrocket. With all this green power supposedly taking over, electrical utilities should be skyrocketing.........

Our new-to-us home has a heat pump. I would assume these are very popular and should be, if not already,the primary heat source for anyone in the lower half of the US. If it’s somewhat reasonable for me in Canada, then there’s no need for fossil fuels in residential heating in the lower US.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts