Canadian Money Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4,132 Posts
You can do very effective searches of CMF using google. Open a new google search window and try this:

TRP site:canadianmoneyforum.com

The key thing is that second part with the site: part. You can search for arbitrary strings and this will locate them within CMF. I use it almost every day.
But you can't use that to drill down to a particular member, either yourself or someone else, so it's just a random search blanket search. It's Advanced search that's required.

How's this for a novel idea. CMF fixes the search function to operate just like every other forum in the world?

ltr

·
Registered
4,132 Posts
What I don't understand is how I can visit some obscure, low participation forum, and their software and search capabilities are top notch.

Of the multitude of forums that I am a member, and including every other random forum I have visited in my lifetime, I would rate CMF as the absolute worst.

Why is that?

ltr

·
Registered
4,132 Posts
(2) removing the distraction of KXL; and (3) with KXL out of the picture, we see the potential for an attractive move to monetize the Liquids Pipelines assets, which would have numerous benefits.”
I don't know, but that sounds like some real spin there. It seems like someone who says, "finally after all these years of worrying about my execution date, they finally set it. Now I can get back to being happy again."

But maybe I'm wrong.

ltr

·
Registered
4,132 Posts
The simple answer is to reduce electricity prices and increase the cost of natural gas but I never hear any mention of this.
In Ontario we've been subject to a Federal carbon charge that has been included on our gas bills since 2019. That carbon tax is ramping up very fast. The rates so far are:
2019=3.91 cents/cubic meter,
2020=5.87 cents/cubic meter,
2021=7.83 cents/cubic meter,
2022=9.79 cents/cubic meter.

So you can see where this is going. They want to stop gas from being used in any buildings. I see today that San Francisco has banned gas in new buildings. I certainly would be hesitant today to install a new gas product in my home in anticipation of how much it would cost to operate in the future.

ltr

1 - 12 of 12 Posts