Canadian Money Forum banner
601 - 620 of 695 Posts

·
Registered
9,079 Posts
No point having restrictions and testing if its going to interfere with our social lives. Such hypocrisy all over the world with a do as I say not as I do edicts from elected officials. Humans are an interesting lot.

Boris Johnson admits he was at No 10 party – but claims he didn’t know it was a party (yahoo.com)
... hope our country "leaders" don't follow the footsteps of Boris from the UK. This grandpa should be babysitting his kids than a country.

·
Registered
2,959 Posts
Had an accepted NAAT test this morning at 11:30am In Florida. Results received at 1pm same day. Negative for COVID.

as a non-resident, non-citizen, I was able to get a pcr test done and results in less than 2 hours.

back in ontario, when pcr tests were allowed for the general public, my friend waited 8 days for a test result that was completed at a hospital while his 3 month old baby had respiratory issues.

quite the difference in testing capability.
... hope our country "leaders" don't follow the footsteps of Boris from the UK. This grandpa should be babysitting his kids than a country.
not that I travel much, but I think this has served its purpose…..poorly. my recent trip was to assist with a flood cleanup for elderly family. I think positivity rates for people Entering Canada peaked at 2%…was normally half that. It’s an unnecessary Hassle at this point given how prevalent COVID is. At a minimum, boosted Canadian citizens should be exempt. Let them test themselves within a few days of arrival and submit results.

·
Registered
53 Posts
I went to Cuba in November, before the Omicron madness. I wouldn't go now not because of the virus (let it flow, let it go is my opinion) but because of the way contagious people are being [mis-]treated and this thing is more contagious than it was. Also I reserved for March a very nice two floors condo at Canmore, AB the same we had last year.

·
Registered
23,621 Posts
I went to Cuba in November, before the Omicron madness. I wouldn't go now not because of the virus (let it flow, let it go is my opinion) but because of the way contagious people are being [mis-]treated and this thing is more contagious than it was. Also I reserved for March a very nice two floors condo at Canmore, AB the same we had last year.
Neat, what was the experience in Cuba like? I'd love to hear how things operate over there... what is an all inclusive resort like during the pandemic?

How did you get the PCR test to be able to return to Canada? Did the Cuban resort have testing capabilities or was it complicated?

·
Registered
2,005 Posts
not that I travel much, but I think this has served its purpose…..poorly.
That was my point as well. Why put in rules that are contradictory, constantly changing and ignored by those implementing them. December 2020 was no different. Like most rules and restrictions they seem to punish only those that follow them.

·
Registered
23,621 Posts
It was a large resort and they had PCR tests available for only US$30. It was a very pleasant trip.
Great to hear. I was in Cuba as the pandemic started in 2020. Sunwing flew empty planes down south to come pick us up.

That pre-pandemic trip gave me a whole new perspective and appreciation of vacations. It's amazing how many people at the resort were complaining about pointless things. I remember one couple was complaining there wasn't enough cake. Can you imagine! They're about to fly back to the Canadian winter, be stuck at home for the next year or two and while in paradise they're complaining there isn't enough cake.

I'd love to go to Cuba again. Maybe once this current wave subsides. Trying to decide between California, Hawaii, or maybe Cuba.

·
Registered
729 Posts
We just came back visited friends in West Palm Beach for a couple days who own a condo in a 55+ neighborhood. We don't want to buy but there are a few people looking for responsible renters every winter. Our friends have been winter residents for several years plus we met a few residents so now we're a known entity for those who are looking for tenants.

Assuming no border issues we're heading back to Canada at the end of January, but we might come back for another month in March.

·
Registered
9,079 Posts
not that I travel much, but I think this has served its purpose…..poorly. my recent trip was to assist with a flood cleanup for elderly family. I think positivity rates for people Entering Canada peaked at 2%…was normally half that. It’s an unnecessary Hassle at this point given how prevalent COVID is. At a minimum, boosted Canadian citizens should be exempt. Let them test themselves within a few days of arrival and submit results.
... regardless I'm certain the majority of British taxpayers would prefer Boris continue with his private job of babysitting his kids than running a country.

·
Registered
2,959 Posts
I’m back from the land of the free.

crossed the Border in Windsor by land. 2 cars ahead of us. Showed my passport. Was asked for test proof. Made my declarations and was sent on my way. Total time with the guard was under 2 mins.
didn’t ask To see my arriveCan QR code.

·
Registered
3,437 Posts
Maybe,,,just maybe seven weeks or eight weeks in Greece/Cyprus this spring and early summer just bouncing around at will. Been on our list since the start of covid.

April/May/June is as far as we dare to dream at the moment.

·
Registered
23,621 Posts
Maybe,,,just maybe seven weeks or eight weeks in Greece/Cyprus this spring and early summer just bouncing around at will. Been on our list since the start of covid.

April/May/June is as far as we dare to dream at the moment.
I'm starting to think that if this wave is reaching a peak, we might get back down to low Covid numbers in March... just guessing though.

601 - 620 of 695 Posts