Canadian Money Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
7,405 Posts
Our provincial campgrounds are open, but only to locals. We have a site booked in Dinosaur park - never been.
We have been and it is very enjoyable. Just beware of a sudden Chinook wind. The earth has very sharp shrapnel that gets airborne! I had to protect my children against the sudden wind. All was fine after 5 minutes.

·
Registered
7,405 Posts
I think everyone understands that we must pay extra for flexibility. So we get rewarded for committing in advance. Of course that logic breaks down during a pandemic or natural disaster.

·
Registered
7,405 Posts
Yes fortunately we have friends staying in our place for free and they have volunteered to fill the larder before vacating. The people who have our car also offered to return it with it's back full. And other friends who also own in PV have offered as a backup.

Such crises bring out the best in people.

·
Registered
7,405 Posts
Yes I have been in every part of Canada except The Yukon. On business, mostly. Never been to South America nor South Africa. LTA they are not on my bucket list!

·
Registered
7,405 Posts
An e-mail from Air Canada linking to vacations they are offering right now, prompted me to look up the travel restrictions for the Dominican Republic where these vacations were being offered. Air Canada of course is not going to tell anyone about these restrictions.

The restriction that I found of interest is the curfew that is in place in most of the country. You would not be able to go out of your hotel between 7pm and 5am basically. Guess that means you are going to eat dinner there every night whether you like it or not. LOL

Air Canada wants your money, the Dominican Republic wants your money but neither is explaining how you are supposed to enjoy your holiday given all the restrictions you have to deal with.
My youngest son has been to the DR for a one week all inclusive. There were no restrictions but travel downtown was not recommended anytime. Now it is just prohibited at night. He went downtown and got the feeling of the place but had no desire to go back again.

·
Registered
7,405 Posts
This was a few years ago. Now it would be Air Canada taking him for a week at premium prices. He would be an idiot to go back now but I don't have to tell him.(y)

·
Registered
7,405 Posts

·
Registered
7,405 Posts
I don't miss LTA because he would start arguments against his own strawmen and draw inferments were none were present. He never added value for me personally because everytime he relied on his experience, I had similar experience.

I also miss HP. She had a strong bias against rich white men but she was very knowledgeable on issues surrounding brokerages and trading.

I enjoy your contributions because they are always based on your own practical experiences, or quoted legal precedents.
BTWTFDIK?

·
Registered
7,405 Posts
We have Ben fully-vaccinated since April, and we travel without hesitation. Our big European trip was rescheduled from 2020 to 2022 just to avoid hassle because it involves at least 5 countries.

·
Registered
7,405 Posts
I have decided to cancel my trip to Toronto this year. Don't need the 5 hours masked up with my COPD.

My Grandson is in BC on business so we are getting together tomorrow night.

Taking a trip on the ferry to Victoria. Local travel only.

·
Registered
7,405 Posts
If you're flying, beware of the de-planing stage. Make sure your mask is fitting perfectly, and hang back and wait for the crowd to disperse.
Yes this is what we did in July 2020, Dec 2020 and June 2021. Hanging back makes so much sense. It makes it easier to get your carryons, lets the bags get delivered and reduces the lines at customs/immigration.

·
Registered
7,405 Posts
I'm nervous that I heard so many people coughing on the plane. I'm starting to think I might not want to fly much, during cold & flu season.
Sometimes the filtered air from their HEPA system can be dry. It will impact anyone with lung problems. But if they are sitting beside you or behind you, you might want to change seats!

·
Registered
7,405 Posts
Last time we travelled in the fall, there was an option for Covid-only insurance for $/day based on risk. Might be a cheaper option for a young otherwise healthy person?

·
Registered
7,405 Posts
We are flying direct from VCR to Frankfurt on AC then on to Budapest Aug 30th, business class. We are delaying our second booster until August.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts