Canadian Money Forum banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
2,999 Posts
Yeah, definitely. A country that you are not a citizen of can not let you in for whatever arbitrary reason they choose.
A country you are citizen of can't not let you in though. Constitutional right.
Although in past year we did find out that Charter of Rights and Freedom is what government uses as toilet paper so who knows

·
Registered
2,999 Posts
I'm in no hurry to spend five hours in a sealed tube with people who may have lied about their vaccinations.
You will lead a miserable life for next couple of decades then.
Virus isn't going anywhere. It is never going to fully disappear.
There will be variants, strains, catchy headlines every couple of months or so. Just get used to it.

·
Registered
2,999 Posts
We have Ben fully-vaccinated since April, and we travel without hesitation. Our big European trip was rescheduled from 2020 to 2022 just to avoid hassle because it involves at least 5 countries.
European Union is opening up all travel July 1. Need negative test, proof of positive test at least 11 days ago, or vaccination proof.

·
Registered
2,999 Posts
Honestly, just read terms and conditions. When I travelled in 2020 I had COVID insurance. It was extremely cheap and all it took was online application. Granted, it was with Polish insurance company.

·
Registered
2,999 Posts

·
Registered
2,999 Posts
No worries. I can't really comment as I have no experience with using Canadian insurance (have two passports and EU insurance is simply cheaper and I know of people using it successfully) but yeah, they have that in the offering.

·
Registered
2,999 Posts
It is also inevitable that in some places, if not all of them, vaccines will no longer bet free.
3rd, 4th, 5th......15th doses will have to be paid for by the person getting vaccinated.
Tourism industry might get a boost by subsiding vaccines to make them cheaper in specific area

·
Registered
2,999 Posts
Vast majority of countries have two-tiered healthcare system. Of course public healthcare system will take care of you in emergency situations. Private will take care of all non-emergency needs. Just make sure you have good insurance.
Or don't. You can be afraid, not confident, etc. Options are easily available for anyone who wants them though.

·
Registered
2,999 Posts
For those avoiding Covid above most other things China would probably be better. Although other than freezing cold there really isn't that much difference between the two countries recently - same values.

Luckily one can still travel to central america to enjoy life!

·
Registered
2,999 Posts
Yeah, no issue getting appointments in most places in the States. If you want to check - just go online and try.
Not every country failed with procurement and distribution.
Going to the States in 4th week of February. Hopefully they either drop the requirement or there is more tests available

·
Registered
2,999 Posts
This country is straight up run by morons.

Have to go to US for medical checkup. Will be there for a combined of 25h.
There is a testing requirement for molecular test to get back to Canada and the test has to be within 72h.
Sure, whatever. Only rich people can afford to go to doctor in a timely manner - I get it. willing to pay.
Now here is a catch though: that test can't be taken in Canada.
That's what border agent says, but he is not able to point to any such statement on government Canada website, rules, or regulations.

·
Registered
2,999 Posts
Yes, NAAT is a rapid Pcr. Brand name IDNOw. Just enter the US address of your doctor and enter your Canadian DL number. And select the state you’re in. Should be able to book a few days in advance. They didn’t ask for anything at the testing window other than my name and phone.
Thank you. Just checked and you can book up to 3 days ahead. Will give it a try.
Not accepting Canadian tests done within last 72h is pure idiocy though.

Thank god that down south they didn't mess up procurement and that there are members like you who are willing to help! Appreciate it

·
Registered
2,999 Posts
CTV claims changes aren't coming until end of the month.
Guess science says March 1 testing is not beneficial, but Feb 28 it is extremely important in fighting the pandemic

1 - 20 of 41 Posts