Canadian Money Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Banned
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I always enjoy going to locations and the first thing you see as you exit the plane is smiling faces as you join the immigration line, and a warm reception from the locals as you leave the airport. Of course, that is just a start, but what I really want to know from the members is where are some of the places you've been that have such friendly people?

·
Registered
15,839 Posts
don't remember the name of the country but they wore pointy little green shoes with bells on em ...

·
Registered
2,626 Posts
I always enjoy going to locations and the first thing you see as you exit the plane is smiling faces as you join the immigration line, and a warm reception from the locals as you leave the airport. Of course, that is just a start, but what I really want to know from the members is where are some of the places you've been that have such friendly people?
At the airport? waiting in line?

Honestly, I can't say I've been to or through any country where the immigration officers were 'friendly'. Universality of humans I guess?

People in those countries outside the airport, wonderful everyone where I've been.

·
Registered
7,252 Posts
Hawaii used to have that kind of reception.
So did the Bahamas.
I loved flying into Nassau.
Musicians playing guitar, singing calypso...it was a nice, warm, tropical feeling, reminiscent of some bygone colonial era.
This was over 10 years ago.
Not sure if they still do this...I'd guess probably not.

·
Registered
3,061 Posts
I haven't done much tropical traveling but I've traveled extensively in Europe and North America and have to say the most friendly, warm, welcoming, big-hearted people I've ever encountered while traveling were right here in the province of Québec. I guess a lot of Canadians don't have that impression of the Québecois, but it's certainly been true for me. Not at the airport, mind you!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts