Canadian Money Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In our local paper there was a phrase that sums up my feelings for the next decade. "You will not be able to make money with money" My expectations will be very modest in today's market. Opinions?

·
Banned
14 Posts
In our local paper there was a phrase that sums up my feelings for the next decade. "You will not be able to make money with money" My expectations will be very modest in today's market. Opinions?
My opinion is that they are disguising an opinion as a fact.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Opinion

Yes, I agree!!!;) Predicting what will happen in the future relies on opinion not fact though. Note the disclaimer- future returns may not equate with past performance.

·
Banned
356 Posts
Such negative exagerationd make cringe. It may be bit partner tight now depending on the strategy you're using but there are definitely some opportunities out there regardless

·
Registered
274 Posts
That may be the stupidest quote I've ever read. Is this because it's taken out of context here?

The rich get richer the poor get poorer. It takes money to make money. Etc., etc.... all make a hell of a lot more sense than that idiot speak. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The context

The writer of the article was referring to the fact that investing in the market will not bring large annual returns over a period of time. The days of GIC's earning 4-5 % will not come again for a long time.

·
Banned
26 Posts
The writer of the article was referring to the fact that investing in the market will not bring large annual returns over a period of time. The days of GIC's earning 4-5 % will not come again for a long time.
How so? There are companies offering 4% for a GIC already.... And these rates will climb with all the rest.....

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I need to research more before I post

Sorry, I just googled GIC rates and saw that indeed there were some approaching 4%. I guess I forgot to mention I want high rates and no risk:rolleyes:

·
Banned
171 Posts
If you're convinced that the entire economy will tank that badly over the next decade, it's simple: convert everything to gold, load up the rifle and stock up on canned goods.

See you on the other side :cool:

·
Registered
274 Posts
Yes, even from an investment only prospective this writer is still a complete idiot. One thing he or she did get correct was that "large annual returns over a period of time" will not happen... and never has, what a revelation, lol. This idiot drivel is what passes for journalism today? :rolleyes:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts