Canadian Money Forum banner

21 - 40 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
We (moderators) consulted with the site's Admin.

One idea is to create a new thread dedicated to Non-mainstream COVID info

We would ask that all non-mainstream or atypical content goes in that thread. lonewolf, would you be OK with this arrangement?
Why would only mainstream Covid content allowed in regular threads when so much of it has been proven wrong? How about a new folder for all Covid threads and keep that topic completely out of general discussion?

·
Registered
12,374 Posts
Start a thread for Trudeau whiners, anti vaxxers, conspiracy theorists and nutty ideas, and then plunk it all in there.

·
Registered
3,670 Posts
When you agree to censorship it always ends up the same. You start off with the idea that you will only block or remove the most vulgar, obnoxious, or obscene material. But as soon as they find out it is possible to censor someone else all the Queasy Weezies start whining about anything they find the least bit offensive which means, anything they disagree with, that challenges their fixed opinions or asks them to examine their received beliefs. And, the moderators always knuckle under to the Queasy Weezies. The result is your forum turns into a bland porridge of nothing that you could just as easily get off the CBC.

·
Registered
3,211 Posts
Start a thread for Trudeau whiners, anti vaxxers, conspiracy theorists and nutty ideas, and then plunk it all in there.
You realize those are different categories.
I'm anti Trudeau, because he's a horrible person.
I'm pro vaccine, I don't generally believe in conspiracies or nutty ideas.

I haven't found many pro Trudeau people who aren't full of nutty ideas. To be fair, you have to be nuts to support him.

·
Registered
12,225 Posts
I have never put any users on ignore/block on this forum. Lonewolf is the one I am coming closest to doing so with. I generally don't engage him directly, as he seems completely unhinged and I am unwilling to spend any time even reading or thinking about what he posts, which ranges from usual political grumbling (which I can tolerate) to full-on lizard-people Pizzagate flat earth conspiracy/mercury being in retrograde causing stock market crashes. That end of things is just pure unhinged madness. There are plenty of other places on the internet you can go to read about this, I have no patience for it. lonewolf claimed that Bill Gates created coronavirus to cause mass death to save the environment or something.

Signal to noise ratio is zero.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
I had posted some links to Martin Armstrong blogs regarding the Corona which contradicts what the mainstream media is telling us. Weather or not true or false that is for the reader to decide. There are multiple blogs he has posted over the weeks when added together gives strong evidence of the money trail, the motive, who is behind having the world locked down, why the virus vaccine will be more deadly then the virus.

Playing the market is like playing a poker game. The best players know one someone is bluffing. I have noticed the independent thinkers that have some of the best track records when playing the market most are in disagreement with Who, government, the media, Gates has been telling us regarding Corona. Martin has one of the best track records around.

Never ever let someone else substitute your thinking, examine both sides of the of the story.

·
Registered
16,346 Posts
The claim of "censorship", is frankly bull****.

There are endless places on the internet where you can read this kind of material. The sites have even become mainstream: ZeroHedge, InfoWars, etc. In fact the things lonewolf writes about are themselves now mainstream tabloid material.

If you feel deprived of it at CMF, just go to Facebook or Infowars and you will get endless amounts of it. This content isn't hard to find and it's pretty damn popular.

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
I had posted some links to Martin Armstrong blogs regarding the Corona which contradicts what the mainstream media is telling us. Weather or not true or false that is for the reader to decide. There are multiple blogs he has posted over the weeks when added together gives strong evidence of the money trail, the motive, who is behind having the world locked down, why the virus vaccine will be more deadly then the virus.

Playing the market is like playing a poker game. The best players know one someone is bluffing. I have noticed the independent thinkers that have some of the best track records when playing the market most are in disagreement with Who, government, the media, Gates has been telling us regarding Corona. Martin has one of the best track records around.

Never ever let someone else substitute your thinking, examine both sides of the of the story.
Just because he has a blog, doesn't make it true. Besides, you're talking about someone who has been convicted of running a Ponzi scheme. If that's what you take as expert opinion, then I think we know how to take any of your posts. Martin A. Armstrong - Wikipedia

·
Registered
3,670 Posts
To be fair, the astrologers have as good a record of predicting the stock market as anybody, which is practically the same as a random guess. I have seen astrologers, Elliot Wave exponents etc put together a string of successful predictions as much as a year or two long, which is more than you can say for Cramer or any other mainstream media pundit. Using approaches that are entirely bogus and subjective.

I have also seen approaches that are logical and mathematically correct, shot down in flames by markets that are not logical or mathematical, and by actions of governments and central banks.

In reality the best you can do is say what the market is doing right now, today and expect present trends to continue, but be ready to jump when they change.

Or take the value approach and only buy when stocks are at a discount. Using this approach you would have found nothing worth buying for the last 10 years.

I might add, that as long as I went along with the conventional wisdom I lost money. Only after I started listening to the screwballs, did I learn to make money.

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
The claim of "censorship", is frankly bull****.

There are endless places on the internet where you can read this kind of material. The sites have even become mainstream: ZeroHedge, InfoWars, etc. In fact the things lonewolf writes about are themselves now mainstream tabloid material.

If you feel deprived of it at CMF, just go to Facebook or Infowars and you will get endless amounts of it. This content isn't hard to find and it's pretty damn popular.
If you don't like what some people post here then maybe can go to your favourite alt left sites rather than demanding that others leave.

I've never seen a forum taken over by the right but I've seen plenty of them taken over by the left who ban anyone right of center.

There are people here who can repeat the lie that Trump told people to drink bleach and the mods are fine with that. But the mods want to ban people who disagree with the corrupt WHO who have been proven wrong about Covid several times.

·
Registered
2,745 Posts
I am somewhat surprised the mods have even engaged in this thread. I'm going to guess they have not had any professional moderator training at all.

In 'Moderator 101', the first lesson is that you do not engage with any forum participant AS A MODERATOR. Some forums do not even allow moderators to post as an individual at all. The first two rules for a moderator are to remain neutral and to not contribute or evaluate (have an opinion) about anyone's comments. Those 2 basic rules go back to the days of moderating in a room full of people on something. But obviously, most online forums have thrown out that rule book.

Some online forums who have paid professional moderators do not as I said participate in discussions at all. They are paid to moderate, not participate. They certainly never enter into a discussion regarding their moderating decisions EVER. Even most unpaid online moderators know not to do that. Here apparently they don't.

If you are a moderator then moderate, do not explain, justify or ask for help in moderating. That's your job, do it.

If your administrator allows you to ALSO post as an individual, then fine, do so on any subject EXCEPT the subject of forum moderating. That subject is not one you can claim 'no bias' on. It is therefore off limits to you.

·
Super Moderator
3,038 Posts
I am somewhat surprised the mods have even engaged in this thread. I'm going to guess they have not had any professional moderator training at all.

In 'Moderator 101', the first lesson is that you do not engage with any forum participant AS A MODERATOR. Some forums do not even allow moderators to post as an individual at all. The first two rules for a moderator are to remain neutral and to not contribute or evaluate (have an opinion) about anyone's comments. Those 2 basic rules go back to the days of moderating in a room full of people on something. But obviously, most online forums have thrown out that rule book.

Some online forums who have paid professional moderators do not as I said participate in discussions at all. They are paid to moderate, not participate. They certainly never enter into a discussion regarding their moderating decisions EVER. Even most unpaid online moderators know not to do that. Here apparently they don't.

If you are a moderator then moderate, do not explain, justify or ask for help in moderating. That's your job, do it.

If your administrator allows you to ALSO post as an individual, then fine, do so on any subject EXCEPT the subject of forum moderating. That subject is not one you can claim 'no bias' on. It is therefore off limits to you.
Thanks for your opinion LTA ... just wondering how many admin/moderator jobs have you done?

First off, the vast majority of forum moderators are not paid, even some admin positions are not. Secondly, most moderators participate regularly on forums because they are just people that have a similar interest and want to help out. Moderators do generally engage in all sorts of discussions including moderation practices, nothing wrong with that even though you think it's not a good idea.

·
Registered
3,211 Posts

Where did you take Moderator 101?

I know the "don't get invoved" rule for facilitators on some cases, but in most forums I work, moderators are typically just senior members who have proven to be reasonable, or at least mostly well balanced.

Slashdot even had an interesting rotating moderation feature and "meta-moderation", to help ensure that moderators weren't too powerful.
In case you're new to the internet, slashdot was at time one of the most influential discussion boards on the internet. They developed a lot of high capacity techniques to handle huge loads. They're the origin of the Slashdot effect - Wikipedia

·
Registered
4,475 Posts
There are at least 3 similar @lonewolf @lonewolf :) and @:) lonewolf usernames, possibly more but I'm not too familiar with the new forum

One from 2012 last posted 16 June 2016, one from Sep 2016 last posted 2 Mar 2020 and most recently from 8 Feb 2020

Do we have several lonewolf users from multiple dimensions, a mere coincidence or were previous iterations of the lonewolf username banned for some reason?

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
There are at least 3 similar @lonewolf @lonewolf :) and @:) lonewolf usernames, possibly more but I'm not too familiar with the new forum

One from 2012 last posted 16 June 2016, one from Sep 2016 last posted 2 Mar 2020 and most recently from 8 Feb 2020

Do we have several lonewolf users from multiple dimensions, a mere coincidence or were previous iterations of the lonewolf username banned for some reason?
I assumed he just forgot his password and created new accounts rather than try to reset the password. Are the other accounts actually banned?

·
Registered
12,225 Posts
I assumed he just forgot his password and created new accounts rather than try to reset the password. Are the other accounts actually banned?
If they were banned, their profiles would say so. Source: my account was erroneously banned as part of the migration to the new forum.

21 - 40 of 50 Posts