Canadian Money Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Banned
321 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am just looking for ideas here:

family is away for 3 months and then after that i will be joining them for the next 3 months. so i have a 3BR home and living a single life (temporarily).

while i have time on my hands instead of an infant and a toddler, i would like to do something constructively. here is what i have in mind:

1) read up books on investing and improve my knowledge
2) finalize my financial objectives, set the plan in action
3) join a group fitness activity so i have some social interaction

what i would also like to consider:
1) temporarily rent out my other bedrooms?? (not too keen, but open to ideas)
2) see if i can take up a temp second job/consultation that doesnt give me a second t4 (cos its just not worth the time paying extra taxes)

anything else??

·
Registered
7,252 Posts
1) read up books on investing and improve my knowledge
2) finalize my financial objectives, set the plan in action
3) join a group fitness activity so i have some social interaction

what i would also like to consider:
1) temporarily rent out my other bedrooms?? (not too keen, but open to ideas)
2) see if i can take up a temp second job/consultation that doesnt give me a second t4 (cos its just not worth the time paying extra taxes)

anything else??
Interesting situation...
I would (if I were in your shoes) do the first 3.
It doesn't sound like you need the extra income, so don't bother about the other two - they are just more trouble for you.

I have a weakness for reading, so in addition to finance/investing, I'd probably take a trip down memory lane and re-read the classics.
Steinbeck, Jane Austen, some short stories by Oscar Wilde, Sake and O. Henry while I'm there.
It is sometimes pleasant to step out of the present day madness and live in the past through the pages of old books.
You may find yourself refreshed, and with a new perspective towrads life.

·
Banned
12 Posts
Study and sit for the Canadian Securities Course. I did it in 3 months and passed the last exam in January. Well worth the time and expense.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts