Canadian Money Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,892 Posts
Hilarious!!!

She probably put her tall stripper heals on in the shower to keep her above the muck....

·
Registered
3,197 Posts
An amusing story about trials and tribulations of managing property. But title is misleading - could just as easily be called "owner/property manager from Hell".

Now I’m 5 feet tall, I could jump around down there, but the contractor had to walk with his neck crooked because there was no clearance for him to stand upright down there.

So, this "basement apartment" wouldn't meet building code or Property Standards bylaws for living space in the first place. Add to that non-functioning plumbing, and who else is going to occupy it but people living on the edge of Skid Row?

Then you have owners of 50 triplexes/quads whose only interest is to fill the buildings with tenants quickly in order to sell them as investment properties before prospective buyers find out what kind of shape they are in and what kind of tenants they have. And a former "property manager" who is uncommunicative, unaware the evicted tenants had squatted in the apartment; and whose idea of organization is to keep all the keys (apparently unidentified) in a bucket.

I think this story says as much about the owners as it does about the tenants.

·
Banned
2,508 Posts
Wow that's a story. The reason they didn't report the back up was because they were not suppose to be in there!

Question for the landlord gurus: If they were evicted by the Sherriff and returned back through the broken window, could be done for break and enter, mischief, trespassing?

·
Registered
2,054 Posts
Oh Great Guru,

You are so right lmao.

Every property I have ever managed started with Bucket O Key. Did you know that Schlage keys have about 5000 changes? With a big enough bucket you could open any place. That time I got all the old keys in a three gallon pail about half filled. Some of them even had tags.

The guy scared the living crap right out of me when he opened the door too!

I have a great locksmith that keys all my properties to a master now. When that townhouse complex changed owners I handed the new owner three keys and two of them were duplicates of the master.

Those places were also very badly maintained. I eventually did an inspection of every property and got them up to snuff.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts