Canadian Money Forum banner

321 - 339 of 339 Posts

·
Registered
3,643 Posts
Pluto, you are normally on my ignore list, but I saw your picture...ever been on a farm? Know any farmers personally? My uncles were farmers...they paid their harvesters big bucks (usually cash every two weeks) and, guess what, many of the workers did drugs while living at home. There was one family where the father did die before 50, suicide though. He had seven kids, all farm workers. None of them amounted to anything, just got married several times, had a bunch of kids, and moved back home after the divorce, only to repeat the process several times. All while doing drugs. Last I heard they had over 50 half siblings running around, my uncle wound up buying an entire block of houses in the local town and gave them free rent...no signs of the other parent. Reality, not made up because you want it to be true.
the best part is you didn't try to claim they were in their mother's basement at the same time as they were picking lettuce.
Like I said, and this document confirms, average lifespan is 49: -
So who cares about your anecdotes of farmers? doesn't prove anything except you overgeneralize from your biased unratified stories.

·
Registered
1,677 Posts

·
Registered
7,062 Posts
Maybe me blackhill should have read it...it’s full of self contradiction. “Inequality leads to violent crime, except in the USA where it didn’t”, “I’m trying to make a point, but there are so many other factors involved, that I just can’t support it”.

then again, his family wealth came from exploiting seasonal workers who all died before turning 50...

·
Registered
444 Posts
My niece is no victim. She quit McDonalds due to abuse by customers so for her this is a step up. I still disagree with how they give their breaks. So who is going to teach her how to do real estate investing. Should she read on the internet? To return to the topic, maybe this has been covered but isn't the wealth gap better here then in the US?

·
Registered
444 Posts
The billionaire who most annoys me is Jeff Bezos, not only does he treat his amazon warehouse workers like crap, he has not signed the giving pledge started by Gates and Buffett to give away a majority of his fortune. His ex wife has and so has Mark Zuckerberg (facebook) and Elon Musk. So billionaires can do some good.

·
Registered
7,062 Posts
Latebuyer, did you sign the giving pledge or are you again trying to give away someone else’s money? You can feed someone for less than $2, something you’d know if you ever spent time at a shelter with the poor, which you obviously don’t. I’m guessing you don’t pay your employees well either as you don’t have any and that you price shop to get the lowest prices...

as for where your niece can learn, they invented something called books centuries ago, it’s where I learned. There are good internet sites too, but you need to be able to think for yourself to tell the good information from the bad. I’m guessing thinking for herself isn’t a strong point judging by our edu system and her job selections. There are better books today than when I started out. Or, you could do what my son’s friends did and find a mentor...probably have some excuse as to why that’s not possible too...put the same effort into finding solutions as you do finding problems and you probably will succeed.

btw, there are millions of ways to make money thr don’t involve a job or real estate...mind blowing concept I know. My kids started out at about 8 running a vending machine at one of my companies. Made a lot more than any allowance and learned a lot about running a business, probably beyond a 16 year olds abilities in your mind.

·
Registered
444 Posts
You refuse to believe your teaching as their dad had anything to do with how your kids approach things Your kids are privileged and would behave the same way as any other kid if you weren't their dad. Still i'll stop here. Everyone on this board except you knows everyone can't do real estate investing.

·
Registered
7,062 Posts
So, why do you refuse to teach the younger generation? I guess if they fail, your failure won’t look abnormal? There are still stocks, businesses and many other options, but keep refusing to try anything, that will turn things around for you.

I suppose it’s easier to teach your niece to take it away from my kids than earn it herself.

·
Registered
444 Posts
Let me spell it out for you. My nieces parents are teachers and she would have no idea to look up real estate investing or be an entrepreneur. I don't want to negate what your kids did, but they did have a helping hand. Your upbringing shapes what you do. Can you change that? You are right, you can, but it is more difficult.

·
Registered
7,062 Posts
As I said, easier to demand wealth redistribution than learn to be self reliant...yet, you give no credit to the work done by others to earn the money you want to take, you still feel entitled to it.

btw, her parents must be excellent teachers if they don’t know how to learn something new...

btw, no one taught me, nor did I have a mentor...and real estate only represents about 1/3 of my wealth, I also did well in stocks and business. Also self taught. Sure my kids have an advan because I chose to teach them what I learned, why don’t you teach the next generation what you learned...oh wait you are, that’s why they’ll have their hands out.

You’re part of the problem and your only solution it to take from those who are actually part of the solution. You can bet none of the kids of gays, bezos, etc will be demanding handouts because they’ll know how to make money and weren’t too lazy to learn.

·
Registered
444 Posts
As I said, easier to demand wealth redistribution than learn to be self reliant...yet, you give no credit to the work done by others to earn the money you want to take, you still feel entitled to it.

btw, her parents must be excellent teachers if they don’t know how to learn something new...

btw, no one taught me, nor did I have a mentor...and real estate only represents about 1/3 of my wealth, I also did well in stocks and business. Also self taught. Sure my kids have an advan because I chose to teach them what I learned, why don’t you teach the next generation what you learned...oh wait you are, that’s why they’ll have their hands out.

You’re part of the problem and your only solution it to take from those who are actually part of the solution. You can bet none of the kids of gays, bezos, etc will be demanding handouts because they’ll know how to make money and weren’t too lazy to learn.
If you actually read what i wrote, i never asked for wealth redistribution. Apparently you can't read and like to make blanket statements.

·
Registered
444 Posts
If you actually read what i wrote, i never asked for wealth redistribution. Apparently you can't read and like to make blanket statements.
You know what i'll say though? I've rethought this. If the attitude of people like jeff bezos and yourself is i don't give a damn about people then i say tax the hell out of them.

·
Registered
7,062 Posts
You’re the one saying you won’t teach the next generation to be self reliant, especially because it’s hard....maybe you’re the one who should give up your money. Bezos employs a lot of people. Way more beneficial to society than you are.

·
Registered
444 Posts
Please feel free to attack my arguments and ideas. I like to learn from alternate perspectives but please refrain from attacking me personally.

·
Registered
444 Posts
Please feel free to attack my arguments and ideas. I like to learn from alternate perspectives but please refrain from attacking me personally.
Here's an editorial on amazon

I've never heard any stats on how many jobs they create. I know they are trying to automate their warehouses to reduce workers and use drones instead of delivery people.

·
Registered
7,062 Posts
You also want cheaper prices I bet, make up you mind. Higher paying jobs making robots than moving boxes. Either way, people like your niece are screwed because they want it easy. Sorry, life doesn’t work that way.

·
Registered
13,232 Posts
Trump was "mentoring" people at Trump University..... JAG says he mentors people.

Trump helps the poor by giving tax breaks to the rich.....JAG helps the poor by donating to the food bank.

Trump is in court trying to help the poor by cutting off their healthcare..... JAG doesn't want to give social benefits to people on welfare.

Trump and JAG both brag about their own accomplishments.

JAG defends people like Trump because they are alike, except JAG doesn't have any money.

·
Registered
13,232 Posts
JAG posts.........You can bet none of the kids of gays, bezos, etc will be demanding handouts because they’ll know how to make money and weren’t too lazy to learn.

Who knew that "the kids of gays" have an advantage in life of knowing how to make money ? I think some documentation is required here.

JAG teaches his kids that jobs and honest work are for "suckas" ........

321 - 339 of 339 Posts