Canadian Money Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
940 Posts
I have read the articles from time to time but most of their picks are not much different than the ones on BNN Market Call & Market Call Tonight, I personally wouldn't purchase a membership.

·
Registered
2,732 Posts
The information is contradictory. Articles like "Buy 'X" for the opportunity of a lifetime!" and "Short 'X' now - overvalued!" can be published on the same day. And most of the time, the analysis is a summary of a few recent press releases or quarterly reports, and very little of value add.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Anyone using this website. It.s a membership pay just curious on any thoughts???
Bloomberg, Wall Street journal, and Seeking Alpha are pretty good. Motley Fool is not so good in my opinion. They pay their writers garbage and don't attract good talent.

·
Registered
940 Posts
Here is an example of how silly their articles are: One article states ""1 Top Dividend Stock to Buy for Your TFSA When the Economy Is Slowing" referring to BCE. One a different part of the site they have this article" "Why it’s Time Dividend Investors Parted Ways With BCE Inc. (TSX:BCE)". Both articles have the same date.

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
I figure I'll resurrect this old thread because of an article on Yahoo Finance provided by The Motley Fool: https://ca.finance.yahoo.com/news/cra-cerb-2020-just-went-132434757.html

They seem really in love with BCE, and a bit out of touch of reality, so I hope people don't actually subscribe to it.

I mean sure, if you owned enough BCE stock, you COULD have enough dividends to provide the income stream equivalent to the CERB, but if you're sitting on almost 10k of BCE shares worth over half a milion dollars, I think we're not looking at the same demographic who would be needing CERB.

·
Registered
561 Posts
They seem to have a lot of different writers that pump out a lot of articles just to create content for views. The different writers have different opinions so you're going to see conflicting viewpoints on companies. The problem is that a lot of the articles are pretty superficial and not necessarily well researched so you're not going to get a lot of insightful info. But because they consistently churn out so many short articles, some value they deliver, is providing a starting point on what general concerns and strengths a company may have so you can focus some of your initial research..

·
Registered
940 Posts
"Fool" well they picked the name not me. I have seen and read 😊articles on a certain stock praising it as a good buy. In a different part of the site a different writer talks about the same stock and says the opposite. Enough said from me. Opps 😊 just realized I responded to this post already a ways back. My thoughts are the same.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts