Canadian Money Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Love it. I think they've nailed one reason many people are reluctant to sell by owner - the whole legal side of things and the worry that not all their "i"s will be dotted and their "t"s crossed. This seems to allay those fears. Their price seems very reasonable too. Not many listing there yet, but I am sure that will change.

·
Banned
90 Posts
This website is apparently run by a bunch of real-estate lawyers.

They can smell the blood. It's about time. I never understood why you needed anything other than a lawyer to sell a house, or why lawyers couldn't offer both services. They are the people who actually make sure the deal goes through correctly and take on the liability, so all they need to do is tack on some listing services and voila.

·
Registered
3,936 Posts
This website is apparently run by a bunch of real-estate lawyers.

They can smell the blood. It's about time. I never understood why you needed anything other than a lawyer to sell a house, or why lawyers couldn't offer both services. They are the people who actually make sure the deal goes through correctly and take on the liability, so all they need to do is tack on some listing services and voila.
Only thing is, I have a hard time envisioning lawyers wanting to be bothered with all the leg work RE agents do. You know what I mean, the visits, showings and open houses, driving buyers around, phone tag with various buyers and sellers. Lawyers are typically very busy people.

·
Registered
2,054 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Only thing is, I have a hard time envisioning lawyers wanting to be bothered with all the leg work RE agents do. You know what I mean, the visits, showings and open houses, driving buyers around, phone tag with various buyers and sellers. Lawyers are typically very busy people.
They don't do that. You do that. They also list on the MLS using the rogue realtor in Ottawa that lists for $109.

·
Banned
90 Posts
Exactly. Why pay $10,000 for someone to simply post your house on a listing, send you listings and drive you around? It's doesn't take any special skill or experience, which is why I laugh at the justifications for the "value-added" by realtors. They are the classic definition of middle-men (and women).

1 - 6 of 6 Posts