Canadian Money Forum banner

81 - 84 of 84 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Costco has very good quality control and if a suppllier doesn't provide the required level of quality they are banished from the supply chain.

Costco inspects their suppliers regularly. I read a business article they arrive on site unannounced to make inspections.

They have many products in sizes and quantities not available anywhere else.

They also sell products unique to Costco. Their own Kirkland brand is a top level brand.

Our problem is a Costco trip is at least a $300 trip and more likely a $500 trip.

They also do pay their employees fair wages and benefits. The CEO and founder says his employees are their most valuable resource.
Our South London Costco had been scheduled to be rebuilt a couple of years ago. Long overdue. The city planning department in its wisdom decided to try and make Costco pay the infrastructure charges in the area. That is the city's responsibility. So rather than being up and running last fall and ready for Christmas, we are now in limbo.

·
Registered
3,254 Posts
Our South London Costco had been scheduled to be rebuilt a couple of years ago. Long overdue. The city planning department in its wisdom decided to try and make Costco pay the infrastructure charges in the area. That is the city's responsibility. So rather than being up and running last fall and ready for Christmas, we are now in limbo.
The laws are complex here, but there are a lot of restrictions and cities aren't allowed to pay for much of the commercial infrastructure.

London has a stupid anti development anti business attitude.
We didn't get the Sysco terminal because the city didn't step up.

I say build the infrastructure, get the jobs.

·
Registered
2,762 Posts
The laws are complex here, but there are a lot of restrictions and cities aren't allowed to pay for much of the commercial infrastructure.

London has a stupid anti development anti business attitude.
We didn't get the Sysco terminal because the city didn't step up.

I say build the infrastructure, get the jobs.
Well right now your city has major budget issues due to the virus MrMatt and so has bigger things to worry about than commercial infrastructure. COVID-19 triggers $23-$33 million budget shortfall at London City Hall

81 - 84 of 84 Posts