Canadian Money Forum banner

101 - 108 of 108 Posts

·
Registered
3,348 Posts
If the rate of infection remains at what it is today, what capacity do you think that the TTC will be operating at in December or 6 months from now?

I suspect that the reason our views may vary widely is because you own stocks and I do not.
If my scenario is correct, then there should be nobody investing in stocks at this time.
Why should nobody invest in stocks?
Do you really think the present value, of every single stock is actually $0?

·
Registered
408 Posts
Discussion Starter #102
Why should nobody invest in stocks?
Do you really think the present value, of every single stock is actually $0?
As I review history, when the USSR collapsed as an empire, it was not total slash-up time.
There was huge economic damage. Social programs disappeared. Bankruptcies. Suicides. Alcoholism.
A total reset of the economy and culture.

Same kind of thing is going to happen in North America.

During the Great Depression, there was some success too. But, the damage to the culture and people was huge.

America declared bankruptcy twice in 10 years because America is unable to compete with Chinese banking.
Twice in the past 10 years America had to print trillions just to compete with the Chinese.
To compete with China, America needs banks that are "Too Big To Fail".

The U.S. Capitalist System is now a failed and bankrupt economic system.

If I had cash to store I would be buying physical gold and/or land.

I hope I answered your question.

·
Registered
3,348 Posts
As I review history, when the USSR collapsed as an empire, it was not total slash-up time.
There was huge economic damage. Social programs disappeared. Bankruptcies. Suicides. Alcoholism.
A total reset of the economy and culture.

Same kind of thing is going to happen in North America.

During the Great Depression, there was some success too. But, the damage to the culture and people was huge.

America declared bankruptcy twice in 10 years because America is unable to compete with Chinese banking.
Twice in the past 10 years America had to print trillions just to compete with the Chinese.
To compete with China, America needs banks that are "Too Big To Fail".

The U.S. Capitalist System is now a failed and bankrupt economic system.

If I had cash to store I would be buying physical gold and/or land.

I hope I answered your question.
No you didn't answer my question.
I asked if you really thought every single stock was worth $0.
Given that during all those examples there were stocks with a positive return, I guess your answer is, no some are clearly worth buying at the right price, even today.

Secondly when did the USA declare bankruptcy? I don't recall this ever happening.
Secondly "Chinese banking", you realize that the Chinese economy and banking/political system is in shambles right?

·
Registered
408 Posts
Discussion Starter #104
No you didn't answer my question.
I told you that the American Dollar has no value. Dollars are being given away for free. When something is given away free, how is there value in that?
If you sell your stock today for U.S. Dollars, then you got nothing of any value. Sell your stock for gold and you may retain some value.

2007-2008 bailout ---- and now this most recent bailout.
That was a system bankruptcy.

·
Registered
3,348 Posts
I told you that the American Dollar has no value. Dollars are being given away for free. When something is given away free, how is there value in that?
If you sell your stock today for U.S. Dollars, then you got nothing of any value. Sell your stock for gold and you may retain some value.

2007-2008 bailout ---- and now this most recent bailout.
That was a system bankruptcy.
The American dollar has value, dollars aren't being given away for free.
If you have unwanted US dollars that you believe are worthless, I suggest you donate them to charity.

I don't understand your definition of bankruptcy.
Being bankrupt is being unable to pay ones debts.
The US government continues to pay their debts, therefore they are not bankrupt.

·
Registered
408 Posts
Discussion Starter #106
The American dollar has value, dollars aren't being given away for free.
We both honour the same God .... But we just go to a different church.
Keep Smilin', and don't let your mouse byte yuh!

·
Registered
3,348 Posts
We both honour the same God .... But we just go to a different church.
Keep Smilin', and don't let your mouse byte yuh!
There is no data to suggest we "honour the same God".

This is like those crazy people who claim "all religions/cultures are equal".
Sorry no they're not all the same.

·
Registered
16,624 Posts
US dollars absolutely have value. I know this because if I have a pile of USD, I can easily convert it to very tangible and useful things like housing, food, and other goods.

Same is true of CAD, EUR, CHF, JPY (even though Japan has been stimulating for many years).

I understand the concern that aggressive money-printing destroys currency, and it may in the long term. But as of today, all of these major currencies (including the US Dollar) still have value.

101 - 108 of 108 Posts