Canadian Money Forum banner

81 - 100 of 108 Posts

·
Registered
408 Posts
Discussion Starter #81 (Edited)
I just read this story about America applying economic sanctions against the International Criminal Court (ICC).

That action is very-very significant.

America is making the claim that it is America who owns the patent on the "Right To Justice" in this universe.

America purchased this patent on justice with Greenbacks which were printed out of thin air with just a simple shake of the Money Tree at the Federal Reserve..

America is saying "We Answer To Nobody".

Just like Guantanamo and the Abu Ghraib scandals.
(YouTube Video)

And, if you don't like it, America will nuke yuh.

More than 192 Non-NATO member countries at the U.N. are not gonna let this happen without shaming and detailing the hypocrisy of power being projected across the world.

A huge hit into the prestige of America and the Greenback.

What was the motive?

Some person in Israel walked up to a property owner in Palestine with a bible in one hand and a gun in the other hand ....... there are claims that his bible shows that his people once lived in that house 2 thousand years ago. And the property owner is told to pack his bags.

And the world watches on ....

·
Registered
408 Posts
Discussion Starter #82
R.I.P exorbitant privilege?
Max and Stacy discuss the conspiracy theorists now promising the world will end on the 21st of June. In light of stock market investors going euphoric for bankrupt, soon to be dead companies, could this set a new parabolic rally in motion? Max talks to James Turk of Goldmoney.com about the end of the “exorbitant privilege.” Is it here? Yale economist Stephen Roach sees the collapse of the dollar, so could hyperinflation happen?
RT - Keiser Report
Host Max Keiser and Stacy Herbert interview James Turk
June 16, 2020
(YouTube Video)

A Crash in the Dollar Is Coming
The world is having serious doubts about the once widely accepted presumption of American exceptionalism.
By Stephen Roach
June 08, 2020

How the Coming Crash in the Dollar Will Unfold
The argument that there is no alternative to the U.S. currency makes little sense.
By Stephen Roach
June 14, 2020

·
Registered
16,624 Posts
@calm I understand where you're coming from, but have you considered that you might be getting a little over-enthusiastic (too excited) about this kind of thing?

Things might not play out this way. I agree it's possible, but the US dollar may remain a world reserve currency.

Maybe you're reading some of this at ZeroHedge. This is a bit of a Russian propaganda site which runs endless stories about how America is going to collapse any moment. RT is also Russian state owned and spends a lot of time dumping on the USA as well.

Just beware that some of the people peddling these kinds of stories have ulterior motives as well.

The gold crowd is another group with ulterior motives. Many of their big personalities are associated with mining companies or investment houses that have a gold focus, so they have a direct monetary interest in exciting the public about "the end of the Dollar" and how gold is going to go to the moon. It lets them issue more shares and increase their funds under management, increasing money they make from fees.

Everything you describe is possible, but there is uncertainty in how all of this will play out. My guess is that the US will remain a very powerful and wealthy country for the coming decades. And I think there's about 70% chance the US Dollar will remain stable.

·
Registered
408 Posts
Discussion Starter #84 (Edited)
@calm I understand where you're coming from, but have you considered that you might be getting a little over-enthusiastic (too excited) about this kind of thing?
Yes. Most certainly.

I knew when I posted Keiser that he would be dismissed as an expert.
I think Keiser is most entertaining and humoured when demeaning and mocking the U.S. Capitalist System.

Because somebody in Russia spent a measley 100 thousand dollars and bought some FaceBook advertisements during the 2016 election campaign.:)
And I can't handle ZeroHedge. Too much conspiracy like Global Research is now.

I think and hope all day long that the views I hold are completely wrong, because I live in Ontario.
What I see into the future scares me. Living through a collapse of empire would be a pretty dismal living.
But, I think it is my (our) fuiture in the Northern Hemisphere.

There were two major articles (Bloomberg) by Samuel Roach that express my most pertinent views. Stephen Roach is not a Russian source.

I have not began began buying survival food supplies.
I have only placed about 25 percent of my own personal wealth into gold.
Other than that, I live quite well or normal as most people are doing.

I will easily admit to the fact that my thirst for global news events is insatiable and almost an obsession with me. I probably spend about 4 or 5 hours per day reading many-many articles and commentaries. I have done this or lived this fashion of lifestyle for a lifetime.

·
Registered
408 Posts
Discussion Starter #85
As per my many posts here ...... Most times they happen when I have downloaded a film/documentary to view offline
I edit and recode each download using Camtasia Studio.
When the download is processing ......
I type about 90 mistakes per minute, so arriving here at this website and write about my views of world events is not hard work for me. Very little effort. I got the typing skills.

But if you were telling me to quit ..... I would. I don't want to personally offend anyone.
Especially you ....You got 14 thousand posts and shows me that you have been around this site for a long time.
So, I would quit my contributions here if you were to suggest it to me,

·
Registered
16,624 Posts
But if you were telling me to quit ..... I would. I don't want to personally offend anyone.
Especially you ....You got 14 thousand posts and shows me that you have been around this site for a long time.
So, I would quit my contributions here if you were to suggest it to me,
Not at all, your posts are welcome and interesting

·
Registered
6,741 Posts
Calm, I think you are not afraid to say what you believe but you are also wiling to hear opposing views. That is what I liked here originally. The forum has a few dominant posters but it is easy to skip over them looking for new ideas.

·
Registered
16,624 Posts
The Trump administration is suing former national security advisor.

Trump is trying to stop the publication of Bolton's upcoming book. The book has already been printed and distributed around the world.

And some stuff from the book, according to the BBC:

'Oh, are you a nuclear power?'
Among other things, Mr Trump is alleged to have been unaware that the UK was a nuclear power.

Britain's atomic deterrent came up during a meeting with Theresa May in 2018, when it was mentioned by one of the then-prime minister's officials.

According to the book, Mr Trump said: "Oh, are you a nuclear power?" Mr Bolton said he could tell it "was not intended as a joke".

Mr Trump also once asked his former chief-of-staff John Kelly if Finland was part of Russia, writes Mr Bolton.

Invading Venezuela would be 'cool'
Mr Trump said invading Venezuela would be "cool", according to the book, and that the South American nation was "really part of the United States".

·
Registered
12,513 Posts
The problem for Trump is there are a lot of people who were high level in the White House who are saying the same things.

Are Anthony Scaramucci, Rex Tillerson, General Kelly, General Mattison, John Bolton, Michael Cohen, and others all lying ?

Were all the witnesses at the Impeachment trial all lying ? Even former AG Jeff Sessions is sparring with Trump on Twitter.

At some point, Republicans have to accept the fact that Trump is incapable of the Presidency and must be removed.

It appears that support for Trump has faded away, and even Republicans are seeking to remove him.

Long time Republicans are speaking out against Trump. Mitt Romney, Colin Powell and others are coming forward.

The Lincoln Project is a group of long time Republicans running advertisements against Trump.

Trump's days in office are running out.

·
Registered
408 Posts
Discussion Starter #93
I think Trump is threatening to sue Bolton just to keep the guy from testifying before some committee in congress, not because of the book itself.
This lawsuit today tells us that Trump will not allow Bolton to sit with congress. (Just as with impeachment.)

·
Registered
408 Posts
Discussion Starter #94
Toronto reports 86 new cases of COVID-19 as TTC approves plan to make face masks mandatory
Transit riders will have to wear face coverings when on the TTC starting July 2nd
CBC News
Jun 17, 2020

On its subways, the TTC has placed signs on seats to encourage physical distancing amid COVID-19.

With 2 out of 3 seats in a subway car being "Restricted" is bankruptcy for the TTC.
Bankruptcy to the downtown core of Toronto.
I have read that San Francisco and Los Angeles are operating at only 30% capacity.
Public transit is asking city council for a bail-out.

Photo:

Best case scenario (Unless there is a miracle) is vaccine in 6 months and then add another 6 months to stick a needle into human arms.

For the next year at least, the lights are going to be pretty dim in the two largest cities within Canada. (Toronto, Montreal)

·
Registered
408 Posts
Discussion Starter #95
In America you have the right to slash up and/or commit suicide wihout wearing a mask ...... It is in the constitution

·
Registered
3,348 Posts
Best case scenario (Unless there is a miracle) is vaccine in 6 months and then add another 6 months to stick a needle into human arms.
Please support that claim with a source.
I think you just made up a number, since most officials are saying 12-18 months at the soonest, and we're only about 2-3 months in on that timeline.

·
Registered
408 Posts
Discussion Starter #97 (Edited)
Please support that claim with a source.
I know that most people are claiming a year to 18 months.
I just mentioned best case scenario of 12 months. That was best case scenario or the bottom line or the minimum.

I firmly believe that it may take 2 years from today.
I chose a one year scenario to kind of describe how desperate people are going to become when living in a large city for the next year. The year after that is up in the air, but no doubt much worse than the first year.

·
Registered
16,624 Posts
Maybe this is my Friday night optimism talking, but I think humans are very adaptable. It's pretty amazing what we can get used to doing.

We can get used to wearing masks all the time. I already basically do!

We can get used to avoiding large gatherings, and avoiding crowds in the office.

I think the situation can be managed, as long as there's good buy-in and participation from the public.

·
Registered
408 Posts
Discussion Starter #99 (Edited)
Maybe this is my Friday night optimism talking, but I think humans are very adaptable. It's pretty amazing what we can get used to doing.
If the rate of infection remains at what it is today, what capacity do you think that the TTC will be operating at in December or 6 months from now?

I suspect that the reason our views may vary widely is because you own stocks and I do not.
If my scenario is correct, then there should be nobody investing in stocks at this time.

81 - 100 of 108 Posts