Canadian Money Forum banner

1 - 20 of 115 Posts

·
Registered
710 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I believe we are witnessing the economic collapse of North America.

It took America about 150 years to travel from Land Of The Robber Barons to the sophistication of today.

It only took China 20 years.

In 1970 when Nixon went off the gold standard, America was bankrupt and thus defaulted its debt and opened a fiat currency named the Petro Dollar.

China is going to introduce a gold backed yuan.

I also suspect that America is going to attack Syria and Iran and ensure that Israel maintains its supremacy within the area after the final collapse.

Israel will become the NATO of the Middle East and NATO allies will pivot to China.

Ater the collapse, all NATO member states will leave the United Nations and attempt to police the universe using NATO weaponry. America has already walked away from the International Criminal Court and The World Health Organization.

·
Registered
800 Posts
Here is a good article by Ray Dalio.

·
Registered
17,027 Posts
I don't think the US is in as bad shape as people seem to fear. I agree they are losing global influence and relevance, but I don't think the US is going to deteriorate into a poor nation.

They are mismanaged and have societal problems, but I think the US will continue being a wealthy country for quite some time.

Poorer Americans (like those without job stability and health care) have really suffered a lot though, and I would love to see their country improving that situation.

·
Registered
851 Posts
US generally has had these big swings in attitude, where they go in one direction and then suddenly reverse course racing toward the other end. It reflects in their elections too: from Carter to Reagan, from Bush to Obama, and from Trump to the next one. I think the next president (either in 2021 or 2025) will rejoin the Paris climate agreement, be more pro-trade and pro-immigration, tweet less, etc. A kind of "reversion to the mean."

·
Registered
3,689 Posts
The US has issues, one is they don't have a good system to deal with agitators.
It's hard to deal with misinformation and people who are simply destructive, without becoming a police state.

·
Registered
59 Posts
US generally has had these big swings in attitude, where they go in one direction and then suddenly reverse course racing toward the other end. It reflects in their elections too: from Carter to Reagan, from Bush to Obama, and from Trump to the next one. I think the next president (either in 2021 or 2025) will rejoin the Paris climate agreement, be more pro-trade and pro-immigration, tweet less, etc. A kind of "reversion to the mean."
It's sad that "tweet less" has to be a presidential consideration now! but yes, US politics in the past few decades have been a tug of war

·
Registered
710 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
When I use the term "Economic Collapse", I do not mean to suggest that America will become a beggar nation.
When England collapsed into bankruptcy just after the invasion of Germany in 1914, it managed to remain intact as a country.
However it's influence upon the world stage collapsed around them. The British Sterling had lost it's prominence as a world currency.
I believe that the U.S. will collapse into bankruptcy by 2030 and lose the U.S. Dollar as the World Reserve Currency.
Prior to this Covid-19 incident, America had been spending about 7-10 percent more than it earned each year. Today that amount of overspending is now in "Fantasy Land".
In addition to the huge federal deficit and which has become a joke and a debasement of the Dollar System, there is the constant restrictions America has instituted within the SWIFT System to it's enemies. The use of economic sanctions through the SWIFT System is causing a huge issue of Trust between other nations using the Dollar.
China is going to introduce a gold backed currency and that is when America will turn to wars and mayhem in an attempt to retain it's stature economically, and just as Britain did those many years ago.

"Prior to WWII, there were 6 empires in the world. Immediately after WWII 100 new sovereign nations came into existence.
If U.S. collapses as an empire in 2030, it would of lasted 85 years.
The Soviet Union was from 1917-1990, 53 years.
Germany controlled the European Continent for 6 years.
Japan, at its peak had the worlds biggest empire in terms of population because it controlled most of China. It only lasted 2 and a half years.
The British empire from 1815 Waterloo through 1914 and the start of World war I lasted 99 years."

·
Registered
12,724 Posts
Peter Schiff predicted the dot com crash in 2000, the housing crash in 2008, and this is what he says now.........

·
Registered
710 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
I am sorry ..... I can't handle that Shiff Guy.
I will try to watch it later but right now I don't want to get pissed off.
I know that Shiff Clown is gonna piss me off.
I will watch it later.
The whole world was already talking about the housing collapse, (it is called water cooler chat) and this Clown got lucky because the media chose this clown to act as the messiah
Thanks.

·
Registered
17,027 Posts
Trump is really not too different from Reagan. Neither has any political experience or any credentials in politics or public service. They both resonated with the 'common man'. Both seemed like extremely unlikely candidates for president, almost wacky choices.

Let's remember, this was the movie Reagan was in:
Bedtime for Bonzo - Wikipedia

(Sadly, the chimpanzee star of the movie died in a zoo fire just two weeks after the movie release)

There was severe racism in the Reagan White House as well, and they loved portraying poor black Americans are freeloaders and con artists. Reagan and Trump are both committed to increasing wealth inequality with strong support for the rich. They hate social programs.

These men are both from the more extreme side of the right wing. Unlike other conservatives in the US, both Reagan and Trump are firmly committed to giving handouts and tax breaks to the rich, and big corporations.

·
Registered
17,027 Posts
In fact I think that this recent trend of America's decline (over the last 30 years) really started with Reagan, and Trump is just another one of these far-right characters continuing it.

Reagan is the guy who started the trickle-down economics nonsense, constantly shifting more wealth & advantages to the rich at the expense of the poorer classes. Capitalism on steroids. The rich/poor wealth disparity has increased sharply since Reagan made this kind of thing fashionable.

Eventually, the poor won't put up with it any more and then America could enter a 30 - 50 year period where this kind of thing is out of fashion.

·
Registered
710 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
Unlike other conservatives in the US, both Reagan and Trump are firmly committed to giving handouts and tax breaks to the rich, and big corporations.
Maybe it is just me ..... the conspirator ......
But I don't see any difference between both political parties.
I kind of get a bit perturbed when I hear or read comparisons between parties.

Make no mistake - There is only one Regeime.

When the Democrats seize power they steal everything they can.
When the Republicans seize power they too steal everything they can.
Everybody tries not to get too awful greedy and break the "Criminal Law".
Oh! They break regulations and all that jazz, but not Criminal Law.
Rich Folks created and monitor the "Regulations".
That is how the Ruling Class stay out of prison.

The Ruling Class are terrified of losing their passport. That is why they try to only break Regulations and not Criminal Law. (Pot was legalized because too many middle class kids were being criminally charged.)

The Ruling Class spend all day and night thinking of schemes (Regulations) to channel money through the system to their friends and the future friends.

There are 2 kinds of people in this world.

2 wealthy dynasties .... Real Estate and Banking (The Rest Don't Count.)

Not 2 political parties.

Only the Rich and Poor

·
Registered
710 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
In my mind, I can not figure out who is middle class. So I just pretend there is only 2 class .... Rich and Poor.

Are the middle class those people who when they want to pay less taxes they demand that money allocated to social programs be halted in order to pay the tax cut?

I never understood why people always looked down the food chain to grab what they could.
Why don't they gaze upwards through the food chain and grab a little there instead?

·
Super Moderator
3,223 Posts
In my mind, I can not figure out who is middle class. So I just pretend there is only 2 class .... Rich and Poor.
If you're just going to pretend why not just pretend there is only one class, call it "people".
All your difference problems go away then. :)

·
Registered
710 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
If you're just going to pretend why not just pretend there is only one class, call it "people".
All your difference problems go away then. :)
[/QUOTE
I recognize there is a middle class.
The question is ...... What is Rich and What is Poor

I figure that if any person has 5 million in the bank in cash is Rich.
I think any person earning in excess of 300,000 thousand per year is Rich.

When the Poor Folks are looking for some cash, they gotta look up the food chain,

·
Registered
710 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I recognize there is a middle class.
The question is ...... What is Rich and What is Poor
I figure that if any person has 5 million in the bank in cash is Rich.
I think any person earning in excess of 300,000 thousand per year is Rich.
When the Poor Folks are looking for some cash, they gotta look up the food chain,
That is my mindset. How I view things.

·
Registered
59 Posts
I am sorry ..... I can't handle that Shiff Guy.
I will try to watch it later but right now I don't want to get pissed off.
I know that Shiff Clown is gonna piss me off.
I will watch it later.
The whole world was already talking about the housing collapse, (it is called water cooler chat) and this Clown got lucky because the media chose this clown to act as the messiah
Thanks.
Actually the reason the media is currently promoting Schiff's ideology is because he was laughed at in the past for radical thinking - at that time he was not piggybacking on the ideas of others. There's even news clips from 06-07 of people not taking him seriously, both in terms of his market crash predictions and his affinity for gold. But truthfully he was right about a lot of his calls, and look how gold is doing now compared to its pre-housing market crash valuation. There's no reason to blindly hate this guy, and I'm sorry but if you ask Ray Dalio and other masters of financial analytics the stock market collapse of 2008 was definitely not "water cooler chat"

·
Super Moderator
3,223 Posts
That is my mindset. How I view things.
Exactly right ... poor people get jobs at rich(er) people's companies ... that's how this works here. :)

1 - 20 of 115 Posts