Canadian Money Forum banner

Thank you for letting me join this community

617 views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  Birder 
#1 ·
Hi all!

My name is Erasmo, I'm 34 yo. Me and my wife are Mexican nationals and Canadian residents (currently working on our citizenship), we became residents on May 18, 2017 so yeah almost 5 years now! Time sure goes by fast! We lived in British Columbia until this March when we moved to New Brunswick. Among the many reasons of our move, one very important is that at some point we want to buy a house and BC's prices are just waaay out of our range.

I'm always looking for new/better ways to save and invest more money so when I found this forum in Google I loved it, specially because is Canada focused. After almost 5 years I'm sure there are many tips/tricks that I still don't know from this country.

Currently I have my TFSA fully funded and in our way to fully fund my wife's. My portfolio is focused on index ETFs, Canadian REITs ETFs, small percentage on two single US stocks and one Canadian BTC ETF.

Me and my wife have been together almost 19 years now, we work from home, we don't want kids and have a very simple lifestyle which makes it easy to live below our means. We are currently developing our own online brand and our goal is to one day our business income surpass our employment income, we are barely in our 6th month so there's still a long way to go.

Excited to be here and catch up with you. I hope I can provide something to the community as well. Any question you may have about me please shoot right away and I'll answer it as soon as I can.

Thanks,
-Erasmo

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.