Canadian Money Forum banner

521 - 540 of 563 Posts

·
Registered
3,798 Posts
You are in a minority...most people care litte about wearing a mask but media likes to point out Trump or Pence without one. Out of the hundreds of people I have seen today I have seen 2 masks...both were employees in a sandwich restaurant. It is pretty lol we put masks in the same importance as distancing & testing. But continue to bash people you don't know & will never meet.

·
Registered
408 Posts
I usually see people wearing a mask in a store that has a bit of a crowd.
So long as people not wearing a mask can maintain a "comfortable" distance, I can live with that.
I don't wear my mask when I am walking on the sidewalk. I might see 2 people during my walk.
In a store, I wear a mask to show respect and support for those people working in the store.
I find that I seem to beg for more air when I have the mask on. Very uncomfortable for me.

·
Registered
408 Posts
How many people have to be sacrificed for Trump to get re-elected?
A majority of them are religious freaks too,

He’s the Chosen One to Run America”: Inside the Cult of Trump, His Rallies Are Church and He Is the Gospel
Trump’s rallies—a bizarre mishmash of numerology, tweetology, and white supremacy—are the rituals by which he stamps his name on the American dream. As he prepares to resume them for the first time in months, his followers are ready to receive.
By Jeff Sharlet
June 18, 2020

·
Registered
732 Posts
A majority of them are religious freaks too,

He’s the Chosen One to Run America”: Inside the Cult of Trump, His Rallies Are Church and He Is the Gospel
Trump’s rallies—a bizarre mishmash of numerology, tweetology, and white supremacy—are the rituals by which he stamps his name on the American dream. As he prepares to resume them for the first time in months, his followers are ready to receive.
By Jeff Sharlet
June 18, 2020
Well, I hope they survive this one.

·
Registered
12,513 Posts
The Trump rally was dwarfed by the protests going on in other parks in Tulsa. He made a bad decision to hold the rally there on this day.

·
Registered
12,390 Posts
6 people organizing the Tulsa rally were diagnosed with COVID-19. What could go wrong?

It will be interesting to see how many cases arise from this event. I guess TikTok was doing a public service by limiting the crowding in the arena :).

·
Registered
2,985 Posts
I heard about the Tik Tokers registering for attendance numerous times and also about a woman in Idaho or Iowa or another I state, who started the same thing but I do not think it could have had any actual effect on how many people attended.

Trump said, '1 million registered to attend' and I also heard on the news relating to Tik Tok that there were actually around 800,000 registrations to attend with many of them being these bogus registrations. But there was no limit on registrations, so it isn't as if there were only X number of tickets available and they were all gone. Those who wanted to actually register and attend would have had no problem doing so as far as I can tell.

The simple fact is, nowhere near as many wanted to attend as they expected would. The Tik Tok pranking is amusing but irrelevant.

·
Registered
408 Posts
Tom Petty’s family is none too happy that President Donald Trump played “I Won’t Back Down” at his rally in Tulsa on Saturday and wants to make sure it never happens again. The family said it has sent a formal “cease and desist notice to the Trump campaign” so the song doesn’t get used in the same manner again.

·
Registered
408 Posts
As a politician, I kind of admire the guy.
He is 2 years older than me and he was able to "Perform" for 2 solid hours.
His act is Populism.
As a performer, he perfomed well. It was a command performance.

No big deal that only 6 or 10 thousand were at the rally, It is TV-Land that counts.
I think that this performance enjoyed huge ratings for the first hour.
He won big with 2 hours of free broadcast media content.

·
Registered
2,863 Posts
I am continually amazed by the resilience of Donald Trump.

No one has been beaten on and pronounced dead more times than this President. He has been attacked by the media, by the political opposition, by the law, by the lawyers, and even by the losers on forums such as CMF, and it rolls off his back.

He's accomplished quite a bit in his presidency and I expect he'll win the next round and go on to even greater accomplishments.

ltr

·
Registered
408 Posts
Ronnie Ray-Gun was said to be Teflon President.
Both Trump and Ronnie were trained actors.
Clowns on stage.
Court Jesters.
Like that tune by Roger Waters "Amused To Death"

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
Trump can pull off a 2 hour event if he wants and Biden can't even handle 30 seconds with help from a teleprompter. How will Biden's handlers hide his mental decline when he eventually has to appear in public?

·
Registered
408 Posts
Biden can act just like trump but they portray different personalities or delivery systems.

Both are staging a character play.

Biden is quite able to stand on a stage and talk endlessly about the "Steady Ship Of State" while looking presidential-like.

Trump's message is supposedly "Revolution" so Trump has to act like a Revolutionary character.

Both are very good "Ancient" or aging actors on the world stage.

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
I heard about the Tik Tokers registering for attendance numerous times and also about a woman in Idaho or Iowa or another I state, who started the same thing but I do not think it could have had any actual effect on how many people attended.

Trump said, '1 million registered to attend' and I also heard on the news relating to Tik Tok that there were actually around 800,000 registrations to attend with many of them being these bogus registrations. But there was no limit on registrations, so it isn't as if there were only X number of tickets available and they were all gone. Those who wanted to actually register and attend would have had no problem doing so as far as I can tell.

The simple fact is, nowhere near as many wanted to attend as they expected would. The Tik Tok pranking is amusing but irrelevant.
It shows what the left would do if mail in voting became a reality....millions of fake votes.

·
Registered
408 Posts
Every U.S. Capitalist or both political parties would prefer that nobody voted.
They both gerrymander and discourage voter turnout

Are we to believe that after 250 years America could not invent and operate a secure and easily accessible voting system?

Make it a holiday and give every voter a 20 million dollar lottery ticket.

The Ruling Class are already talking about defunding the Post Office while talking about mail-in ballots.
Not to worry ..... the Ruling Class will make sure that the post office is unable to handle that amount of mail.

The Ruling Class would prefer that only first responders and the military industrial complex vote.

The Ruling Class definitely do not want Poor People votes to gain any form of success.

The Ruling Class are quite content with a 50 percent voter turnout and no opportunities for 3rd party candidates.

Remember ..... Slaveowners wrote the rules and the rules were written to support slaveowners. Such are the facts and the history of U.S. Capitalism.

·
Registered
12,513 Posts
Trump just rambles on incoherently. We have people walking around downtown who do that all day every day.

521 - 540 of 563 Posts