Canadian Money Forum banner

281 - 300 of 466 Posts

·
Registered
6,723 Posts
True, but you've fallen for many of their lies. Perhaps you should stop calling Trump a moron until you stop being duped.
Although he was described as a f*cking moron by his trusted sidekick, I think that is a superficial description. His moves are calculated to manipulate people. He is a devious conman.

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
Although he was described as a f*cking moron by his trusted sidekick, I think that is a superficial description. His moves are calculated to manipulate people. He is a devious conman.
He's not a particularly good conman. He's the epitome of "big hat, no cattle" syndrome. He talks big, but at the end of the day, delivers nothing. The people who buy into him, are those who buy into his image, which is why he gets triggered easily when you start questioning his image, i.e. small hands, hair, weight. He has nothing of substance and if it wasn't for his father's name, we would never have heard of him. People make a big deal about the money his father gave him, the biggest legacy is the Trump name that he lived on. He just built upon his father's reputation which opened a lot more doors than if his name was Joe Smith.

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
^^
Let's compare: Hillary was in public service for 30+ years and accomplished absolutely nothing and yet she was pushed as qualified. She also ran on the very well known Clinton name and that still wasn't enough.

Trump was successful for most of his career and in his very first attempt running for office he became president.

·
Registered
12,222 Posts
He can be very savvy in manipulation and propaganda while also being a dullard intellectually. Either he is the greatest actor of all time, or he's not just playing dumb.

·
Registered
12,222 Posts
Trump was successful for most of his career and in his very first attempt running for office he became president.
Successful TV personality? His business ventures typically have ended in bankruptcy (if not outright fraud a la Trump University).

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
he is the greatest actor of all time, or he's not just playing dumb.
He doesn't have an Oscar... so, I'll go with option B.

The thing is, he is good at saying nonsense so that you can't pin him down and hold him accountable, and he will say what he thinks the audience wants to hear as a way get approval.

·
Registered
12,222 Posts
He also is a master at the technique of causing so much outrage on a continuous basis that people become inured to it. If he was less of a bald-faced liar, smarter, etc. he would actually be less popular because the remaining controversies would actually get oxygen to breath and stick to him. Baffle them with bullshit, Donny!

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
Successful TV personality? His business ventures typically have ended in bankruptcy (if not outright fraud a la Trump University).
He's had far more success than lack of success.

Trump won because he ran against Hillary who has absolutely no qualifications. No one can name a single accomplishment of hers in spite of spending 4 full decades in office. You can't either.

Put up or shut up.

·
Registered
12,222 Posts
Hillary is a lawyer, so has some passing familiarity with the law. She was also Secretary of State. Trump was a reality TV personality. I guess his main qualification was saying 'you're fired', since his admin has been an absolute shambles and revolving door. He has stabbed almost every person who has supported him in the back. What a leader.

·
Registered
12,222 Posts
The most successful part of Trump admin has been Mitch McConnell controlling the Senate and packing the courts. Trump has had basically nothing to contribute to that. Mitch gets pretty much all the credit, there.

·
Registered
4,450 Posts
... he's surpassed that now ... he's Evil meaning there's no hope of redemption for this one.

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
How do you define accomplishment?
The dictionary explanation works for me. Therefore, being appointed to SoS because of your husband's status is not really an accomplishment. It falls under the same category as Hunter Biden's "accomplishments".

Obviously you can't name any of her accomplishments either or you would have. All the people that wonder why Hillary didn't win don't get it and never will. They somehow think that someone who served in office for 4 decades and accomplished absolutely nothing in that time deserves to be president.

·
Registered
12,222 Posts
Ten seconds of googling:
First Lady
  1. Hillary chaired the Task Force on Health Care Reform that drafted the 1993 Health Security Act. Although Congress didn't pass it, it laid the groundwork for the Affordable Care Act. It also cleared the way for the Children's Health Insurance Program.1 She worked with Senators Edward Kennedy and Orrin Hatch who sponsored the bill. It received $24 billion, paid for by a 15-cent tax on cigarettes. She added $1 billion for an outreach program to help states publicize the program and sign up recipients. It provides health care to more than eight million children.

2. In 1994, she championed the Violence Against Women Act.2 That provides financial and technical assistance to states to help them develop programs that stop domestic violence, sexual assault, and stalking. In 1995, she also helped create the Department of Justice's Office on Violence Against Women.
  3. She supported the 1997 Adoption and Safe Families Act. Representative Nancy Johnson, a Republican, sponsored the bill. It facilitates the adoption of foster children.3 It also allows states and local agencies greater flexibility on how to spend federal funds.

4. She lobbied Congress for the 1999 Foster Care Independence Act.4 Senators John Chafee, R-RI, and Tom DeIay, R-TX, sponsored the bill. The Act almost doubled federal spending for programs that help teenagers leave foster care after they turn 18. The programs help them complete their education, find jobs, and become self-sufficient.
U.S. Senator
  1. Urged ratification of the START treaty in 2010.5 The treaty limits the United States and Russia to 1,550 strategic deployed nuclear warheads.6 That's down from 2,200. It limits the number of deployed heavy nuclear bombers and missiles to 800. That's down from 1,600. Russia was already within those limits, but the United States was not. The treaty went into effect in 2011, will be fully implemented by 2018, and will remain in force until 2028.
  2. Introduced the Pediatric Research Equity Act with Senator Mike DeWine, R-OH.7 This law requires drug companies to research how their products affect children. The Act changed drug labeling to disclose safety and dosage for children. That's lowered the danger of over-dosage for children with chronic diseases like epilepsy and asthma.

3. Worked with fellow New York Democrat, Senator Chuck Schumer, to get $21 billion in federal aid to help New York rebuild after the 9/11 attacks.8 She wrote the bill to get health care coverage for 9/11 first responders. That included health research related to the attacks. The rescue operations forced many police and firefighters into early retirement with debilitating chronic injuries and illnesses. Her successor, Senator Kirsten Hillibrand, got the bill passed.
  4. Worked with Republicans to achieve full military health benefits to National Guard members and reservists.9 Expanded Family Medical Leave Act to families with wounded veterans.
Secretary of State
  1. Took the lead on drafting and negotiating the Trans-Pacific Partnership trade agreement. Once ratified, it would increase U.S. exports by $123.5 billion annually by 2025.10 Industries that benefit the most include electrical, autos, plastics, and agriculture.
  2. Successfully concluded bilateral trade agreements with South Korea, Colombia, and Panama in 2011. The Korea agreement removed almost 80% of tariffs and increased exports by $10 billion. The Colombia agreement expanded U.S. exports by $1.1 billion.

3. Negotiated ceasefire between Israel and Hamas in 2012.11
  4. Called for the raid on Osama bin Laden's compound in Pakistan.12 Sided with CIA Director Leon Panetta who first told her it was possible. Overcame opposition from Vice-President Biden and Defense Secretary Robert Gates who were worried about political backlash if the raid failed.
  5. Pushed the United Nations to impose sanctions on Iran in 2010. That created a recession in Iran. The economy shrank 6.6% in 2012 and 1.9% in 2013. That's because they cut Iran's oil exports in half. Clinton was personally involved in these diplomatic efforts and pushed them publicly.13 The sanctions made Iran agree to stop building nuclear weapons in 2015.

6. Instrumental in negotiating the 2009 Copenhagen Climate Change Accord.1415 The developed and major developing nations agreed to limit global temperature increases to 2 degrees Celsius over the pre-industrial level. They also agreed to pay $100 billion a year by 2020 to assist poor countries affected the most by climate change.
Timeline and Additional Accomplishments
1977: Founded the Arkansas Advocates for Children and Families.16 It did research and educate the public on children's issues. Joined Rose Law Firm. Appointed by President Carter to chair the board of the Legal Services Corporation.

1979 to 1982: First Lady of Arkansas during Governor Clinton's Administration. Became first woman partner of Rose Law Firm.

1982 to 1992: First Lady of Arkansas. Chaired Arkansas Educational Standards Committee, which created new state school standards. Founded Arkansas Home Instruction Program for Pre-School Youth. Helped created Arkansas' first neonatal intensive care unit. On the boards of the Arkansas Children's Hospital and the Legal Services and Children's Defense Fund. Corporate board member of TCBY and Lafarge. First female board member of Wal-Mart from 1986 to 1992. Chaired American Bar Association's Commission on Women in the Profession from 1987 to 1991. Arkansas Woman of the Year in 1983. Arkansas Mother of the Year in 1984.

1993 to 2001: First Lady during the Clinton administration. Chair of the Task Force on National Healthcare Reform. She continued to be a leading advocate for expanding health insurance coverage, ensuring children are properly immunized, and raising public awareness of health issues. She was the first First Lady with a postgraduate degree.

2000 to 2008: U.S. Senator from New York. Senate Committees: Armed Services; Health, Education, Labor and Pensions; Environment and Public Works; Budget; Aging. Member of Commission on Security and Cooperation in Europe. She also led the charge on the Lilly Ledbetter Pay Equity Act.

2009 to 2013: U.S. Secretary of State in the Obama administration. Opened Chinese markets to U.S. companies.

·
Registered
698 Posts
The dictionary explanation works for me. Therefore, being appointed to SoS because of your husband's status is not really an accomplishment. It falls under the same category as Hunter Biden's "accomplishments".

Obviously you can't name any of her accomplishments either or you would have. All the people that wonder why Hillary didn't win don't get it and never will. They somehow think that someone who served in office for 4 decades and accomplished absolutely nothing in that time deserves to be president.
if my child was elected to any public office, I would consider that an accomplishment. So we obviously have different definitions of “accomplishment”. I like “the successful achievement of a task”. Seems like she has some accomplishments. I suspect you’re looking for “political wins/policy” that she can take credit for. That is a matter of debate.
whether she has achieved “accomplishments” or is considered “accomplished” is not up for debate. Political leanings aside, if she was your child, you’d be proud.

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
Ten seconds of googling:
I guess marrying a future president is an accomplishment...or lobbying for legislation, or "urging" ratification, or working with fellow Democrats. Hilariously she is also credited with championing the violence against women act and then later went on TV to slander women that credibly accused her husband of sexual assault and rape.

As I stated...no real accomplishments and in many cases credit was given to her for just being there when things got done.

·
Registered
12,222 Posts
I guess marrying a future president is an accomplishment...or lobbying for legislation, or "urging" ratification, or working with fellow Democrats. Hilariously she is also credited with championing the violence against women act and then later went on TV to slander women that credibly accused her husband of sexual assault and rape.

As I stated...no real accomplishments and in many cases credit was given to her for just being there when things got done.
What has Trump accomplished? Getting divorced twice? Cheating on a sick wife? Got fired from network TV? Riding Mitch McConnell's coattails?

Didn't you just finish bragging that he got elected as President? I thought merely getting elected was not an accomplishment.

Clinton was a Senator. She got elected. She sponsored bills that were enacted into law.

281 - 300 of 466 Posts