Canadian Money Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With the New Year were is everyone putting their TFSA money? I have been watching Liquor Store Fund (LIQ-UN.TO) and it's 10.5% yield. Also just crossed the 50 day SMA so it could be poised for a gain in the short term.

Wondering what others are watching.

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
Brewers Retail is down 1.3 million cases last year. I would check if the Liquor Store is up in sales before I believe in a 10.5 % div.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
LIQ.UN is a trust so it is a distribution rather than a dividend which explains why it is so high relative to most dividend payers. Issue is can they maintain that distribution when they have to incorporate in 2011.

Other TFSA stock I have been looking at is Arc Energy. Nice yield and heavy in nat gas.

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
My issue would be if Brewers is losing customers is the Liquor Store then add the conversion to corp.

You can apply the same low tech approach I did ask at the store. With a little work you can find somebody that was listening at there year end meeting.

·
Registered
2,892 Posts
Anyone know if an 18 year has to wait until their b-day to open a TFSA or can it simply be made in the same year, but prior to the date of birth?

·
Registered
5,933 Posts
My TFSA is invested exclusively in TRP and I am planning to simply add to that position.
Ditto! Also ENB, Magna and there are many, many other excellent dividend paying stocks that are still 1/2 what they were worth a year ago! And who can forget financial stocks, specifically the banks, Canadian banks that is!:)

·
Registered
2,925 Posts
On LIQ.UN the final distribution will be $0.135 per trust unit for the December distribution. They will then drop it to $0.09 as a monthly dividend per share after that. They didn't have that great a year last year but it may be a better time to buy now with what will hopefully be a good fourth quarter.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts