Canadian Money Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

20 Posts
I don't know much about TD e-Series so cannot answer that question.

For questions 2 and 3 however:

2) You would simply open a TFSA trading account with Questrade. Once you have finished filling out all of the paperwork, you will be asked how you want to fund your account. There, you have the option of selecting "Transfer from another brokerage". When you select that option, you get a form to download and print, which you must sign and fill in with details (i.e. account number, etc.) pertaining to your ING account. Once filled out, send it to Questrade and they take care of the rest.

3) You can contribute an additional $5000 of your own money to your spouse's account without paying any taxes or penalties. You won't need to declare anything on next year's income tax return.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.