1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,455 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Hi all,

I'm trying to understand/research which financial institutions offer TFSA accounts in which trading (income trusts, REITs...) is permitted.

Here's a link I came across:
http://dan.matan.ca/Tax-Free-Savings-Account-TFSA-Brokers-Stocks-Bonds-ETFs

Is Questrade still the best available low cost option for trading trusts inside a TFSA?

Thanks!
I have a TFSA through Questrade and have been very happy with it so far. I only use it for equity trading, but they offer Forex and Options trading through the same account as well.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Is this still true? I was comparing the differences between stock trade and Questrade. Thinking of giving it a try after being charged 10$ per transaction for RBC direct investment.

·
Registered
10,517 Posts
I don't follow what you are comparing.
Initially it seemed you were comparing two brokers, "stock trade" and "Questrade" but then the RBC brokerage is mentioned, suggesting "stock trade" is not a broker.

Cheers

·
Registered
434 Posts
Ditto for Questrade. Their commission-free ETF buys are great.

My only complaint is with customer service.
I transferred from TD Waterhouse and they promise to reimburse transfer fees up to $150/account. But it was like pulling teeth to actually get the reimbursements. A MAJOR headache. But they eventually paid.

·
Registered
3,086 Posts
Is this still true? I was comparing the differences between stock trade and Questrade. Thinking of giving it a try after being charged 10$ per transaction for RBC direct investment.
For true cheapness you could go with WealthSimple Trade. They have zero commissions. But the interface and service are terrible. Pick your poison.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts