Canadian Money Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
max out rrsp.have 10000 to put into tfsa.house paid.no debt.no credit cards.and no wife(ha-ha).i am 50.got any ideas.i have td broker account.thankyou for you input have a great day..

·
Registered
2,892 Posts
Ideas for what?

Your TFSA? Excess funds for a non registered account?

How are you invested in your RRSP?
When you you want to retire?
Do you have children to fund for an education?

With so little information, there leaves more questions than answers.

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
rrsp all index funds.mer less than 1.5%.15 years to retirement.no children to fund.100,000 plus rrsp.

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Rrsp

i have no more room in rrsp.i have 10,000 to invest into a tfsa.what type of investment should i get.stocks , etf..etc.

·
Registered
2,892 Posts
I don't mean to sound like I am not interested in helping. But based on the info you provided, and the detail, you would benefit from reading as much as you can about investing and personal finance. That would help you find out which investing style best suits your personal comfort level for risk and sectors and such.

Until then I would go with a low cost (mer) balanced mutual fund, or etf.

You have done a few things right, maxed out rrsp, and have the 10K for the tfsa. No debt.

I would consider reading 'the lazy investor' for a view of some stocks, he lists Canadian companies for examples. And 'the investment zoo' to get a little more insight on the mutual fund world, also Canadian.

·
Registered
514 Posts
four pillars, that is the funniest thing i have read in a long time. thank you.

clearly, this is a joke thread. index funds with 1.5% MER? is that even possible?? for that cost one might as well just pick the flavour of the day mutual fund.

·
Registered
3,197 Posts
clearly, this is a joke thread. index funds with 1.5% MER? is that even possible?? for that cost one might as well just pick the flavour of the day mutual fund.
According to Globefund, there really are 163 index funds out there with MER of 1.5% or higher. Disgusting isn't it? OP should re-examine his RRSP and see if it is something he can change, or if he is locked into one of those expensive group plans he has no control over.

As to what to do his with current spare cash, I agree he needs to read up on how to determine his investor profile. This link from Financial WebRing may also help.
http://www.financialwebring.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=29&t=101652

1 - 11 of 11 Posts