Canadian Money Forum banner
1921 - 1924 of 1924 Posts

·
Registered
17,139 Posts
It is a clever logo, but I don't have fond memories of that part of electromotive power.

My first job at GM was winding the copper around traction motors for locomotives.

It wasn't a fun job. The copper was covered by fiberglass that stuck to everything, including our arms, shirts, and coats and everywhere.

We tried arm guards and protective creams, but it still stuck into us like one of those thorny burr plants that latch onto you.

My wife used to pull the fibres out of my arms with tweezers every night. They were itchy as all get out.

If I hadn't been transferred out of there, I would have quit and gone back to my old job.

I always wondered if the Tesla logo was an Elon Musk inspired meme of the Texaco logo, but a more futuristic "T".

Font Emblem Circle Symbol Automotive decal

·
Registered
17,139 Posts
I wonder if the government will end up having to put governors on the acceleration and speed of EV vehicles at some point.

The Tesla Plaid is ridiculously fast, and the GM EV Corvette is said to be even faster. At some point, it is dangerous to have drag strip level vehicles on the road.

Back in the day......the muscle cars got faster and faster and it ended up the cops had to buy them to catch people.

We used to go the US and see the cops rumbling by in GTOs and Plymouth Roadrunners, so they could keep up with the bad guys.

·
Registered
5,627 Posts
So sleepy Joe who sleeps through the climate conference is declaring GM the EV king

Meanwhile GM is recalling every single Chevy Bolt for defective batteries that catch on fire. GM recommends to not fully charge the Chevy Bolt and to charge it outside away from your house and other things you don't want on fire.

Is there any evidence they know how to make a battery that doesn't catch on fire? Will the Hummer EV come with automatic fire suppression to mitigate the insurance rates? Can the Hummer even pass the moose test? Time will tell

Cathie Wood says the legacy automakers need to restructure to compete in the EV market.

1921 - 1924 of 1924 Posts