Canadian Money Forum banner
1901 - 1920 of 1924 Posts

·
Registered
5,627 Posts
sags TSLA is back to where it was 2 weeks ago

You've obviously drank the GM kool-aid. You said it yourself famers don't want EVs. GM fans won't buy an EV and EV fans won't buy a GM

Mary Barra who? She has less twitter followers than a teenage zit cream influencer

·
Registered
17,139 Posts
You can have your Tesla. I want one of these. (just one of GM's 30 EV models)

That........is style. No Ipad tacked onto the dash there. Everything is integrated into the dash, and it retains all the preferred switches in place.

Apparently they are sold out until summer of 2022.

Check it out in black........awesome

One downside........no rebates available. Rebates only apply to low end EV vehicles.

Tesla...........say hello to your competition.

·
Registered
5,627 Posts
Boomers love a huge grill and huge air intakes. The bigger the better. More air to increase the electronic motor performance eh

I search the forum for GM and see several threads about GM pension buyouts, GM workers deals, GM closing plants, GM government bailouts

Do we have a TSLA thread about TSLA workers pensions, benefits? Do we have a GM thread about GM tech, GM innovation?

The TSLA thread has 100 pages and the GM thread all seem to have 1 page

·
Registered
17,139 Posts
Size matters.....

They are safer, easier to enter and exit, have a better view of the road, more seating space, more storage, and navigate winter weather better.

You are focused on a low center of gravity like you are driving an Indy car on a racetrack. Boomers aren't concerned about that.

Boomers want to be able to drive safely on an un-plowed road in February to load up at Costco.

·
Registered
17,139 Posts
By the way, that isn't a steel grille or air vents on the front of the Cadillac Lyric. It is art........visually expressed by lighting to welcome the driver.

Check out this video on the features, quality and finish. From the art inspred interior to the mind blowing sound system it is top of class for luxury SUVs.

I got to have one of these as soon as our landlord puts in a charger for us.

·
Registered
5,627 Posts
Ok the grill is actually smooth which is better. Seems to be an innovative way to get that boomer aesthetic

Young guy at work drove a maroon Cadillac CTS maybe it was the V. Decent car but everyone called it the old man car. Just the brand and ostentatious styling means this won't be a mainstream car. It makes a statement like you took out a reverse mortgage well into retirement

The roof and door handles look a lot like Tesla. Rivian also went glass roof. Is it an EV thing now?

·
Registered
17,139 Posts
Why is it sheer torture for the world's wealthiest to pay taxes like everyone else does ?

Reactions: MrBlackhill

·
Registered
9,298 Posts
Size matters.....

They are safer, easier to enter and exit, have a better view of the road, more seating space, more storage, and navigate winter weather better.

You are focused on a low center of gravity like you are driving an Indy car on a racetrack. Boomers aren't concerned about that.

Boomers want to be able to drive safely on an un-plowed road in February to load up at Costco.
Well balanced with a low center of gravity what makes the car more stable and safer to drive.

I'm not aware of any Costco that is located on unplowed roads.
If there are enough people for a Costco, they plow the roads.

If it's so bad they can't keep up, you shouldn't be driving anyway.

FWIW I've driven some really nasty weather in compact FWD cars. I've seen lots of SUV's in the ditches.
The problem with people who drive SUV's "for safety" is that they don't realize their own bad driving is what's putting them at risk.

·
Registered
17,139 Posts
AWD and quality snow tires...........and you are ready for winter driving.

Personally, I prefer higher ground clearance in a vehicle in winter driving, to avoid plowing snow with the undercarriage.......but to each their own.

·
Registered
5,627 Posts
Ideally higher ground clearance and lower center of gravity

EVs can have both when you can remove the differentials that hang down and the distribute the battery weight evenly and low

Subaru achieves this with lower horizontal engine and asymmetrical drive train. Most SUVs don't have as high ground clearance as they appear

Lower center of gravity is very important to not unsettle the vehicle so easily on slippery roads

·
Registered
9,298 Posts
FWD and snow tires are just fine in most of Southern Ontario, even in the snowbelt.

You don't really need ground clearance until it's over 8" or so, and even then if it's light and fluffy it's not a problem.

If it's over a foot deep and unplowed, stay home.

·
Registered
5,627 Posts
Southern ontario is very different from most of Canada to be fair.

Snow tires make the biggest difference and AWD is just nice if you ever stop on steep hills or need to drive anywhere rural.

A FWD car was sketch out west crossing a ridge of snow to make a left turn in traffic but you get by or get creative

·
Registered
4,547 Posts
I learned something about Tesla today. I am sure the Tesla fanboys already know this.

The Tesla logo is more than a stylized T.

It actually represents the internals of an electric motor. The curved line at the top is the stator and the lower part part of the rotor. Quite clever really

Wheel Tire Automotive tire Vehicle Alloy wheel

1901 - 1920 of 1924 Posts