Canadian Money Forum banner

181 - 200 of 247 Posts

·
Registered
5,388 Posts
I can barely make sense of your post.

Every country has to protect itself from those who fight the state and try to overthrow it. Rebellion, insurrection, whatever you call it ... has to be extinguished. America now will have to protect its democratic form of government against authoritarians like Trump/MAGA.
Interesting that the articles and commentary skip over the Boogaloo Boys, who actually want to overthrow the government, and were listed in the FBI warning.
At least Trump signed emergency declarations.

·
Registered
14,014 Posts
A hacker downloaded all the information.......messages, videos, names, addresses, and GPS locations of everything on Parler before they were shut down.

It is turned over to law enforcement. Interesting that Parler required ID for users which is making it a lot easier for law enforcement to track people down.

By parsing the content with GPS coordinates, the FBI can track down everyone who used Parler while on the Capital grounds.

The hacker is known as a "white hat" hacker who has worked with the government on terrorism cases.

·
Registered
99 Posts

Trump supporters flock to messaging app Telegram after Parler goes offline
Many high profile supporters and allies of the President post regularly on the messaging app
ByJames Titcomb SAN FRANCISCO11 January 2021 • 7:16pm

Donald Trump’s online supporters have flocked to Telegram, an encrypted messaging app that has been beset by allegations of harbouring criminals and terrorists, after the social networking site Parler was forced offline.
Telegram became the second-most downloaded app in America on Sunday as users looked for a new home online after Mr Trump was suspended from Facebook and Twitter, and as tech companies cut off Parler, a free speech social network that had sprung up as an alternative.
More than half a million people in the US have downloaded the app since last Wednesday, and posts on Parler had urged users to move to Telegram before Parler was taken offline on Monday.
High-profile allies and backers of the President, including his son Donald Trump Jr and former attorney Sidney Powell, post frequently on the Telegram app. Meanwhile, groups for former Parler users or those devoted to the President amassed tens of thousands of users.
Messages sent over Telegram are encrypted and the app has historically been used to resist censorship or surveillance in countries such as Russia and Iran.

On Saturday, after Apple and Google had removed the Parler app from their smartphone download stores, Telegram founder Pavel Durov said the companies “pose a much bigger problem for freedoms than Twitter”. Posting on the app, he said Telegram was working on a way to continue to work on iPhones even if Apple removes the app from the App Store.

Telegram functions in a similar way to apps such as WhatsApp, allowing one-to-one and group chats, but also lets public figures set up “channels” to broadcast to followers. Up to 200,000 people can join public group chats.
Jen Goldbeck, a professor of information studies at the University of Maryland, said Telegram could become a longer-term home for devoted Trump supporters than Parler because it is less likely to be taken offline.

·
Registered
14,014 Posts
Interesting, that recently I read an article that people were trying to hijack Twitter user handles that contain 3-4 letters because they have become very valuable.

Some guy registered his Twitter username as @ali in 2008 and the account was suspended after the Capital riot.

People want Twitter to give @ali to someone else, but Twitter won't allow registration of these short usernames anymore.

When they are unused or suspended, Twitter keeps them. Twitter will not participate in taking away a username unless there are very clear trademark issues.

Although the terms and conditions on Twitter don't allow buying or selling usernames, some transfers have happened.......under the table.

Israel obtained @israel for an amount rumored to have been in 6 figures. CNN obtained a Twitter user name by employing the owner as a contractor for a year.

So, the guy lost a Twitter handle worth 6 figures or more. What a putz............LOL.

I am thinking @ALI would have a very large range of interested parties.......ALI EXPRESS for one example.

·
Registered
19,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #185 (Edited)
All of the top US generals and military commanders (Join Chiefs of Staff) have issued this instruction to ~ 2 million active personnel. They have reminded all troops that Biden is the legally elected President, and that he will be inaugurated.

The top generals remind troops that the military is "fully committed to protecting and defending the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic."

(in this case, the "enemies" are obviously domestic MAGA extremists)

The generals condemn the sedition and insurrection that occurred. For their sake, I certainly hope that the Trump/MAGA terrorists don't try to go up against the US military. The military obviously takes the insurrection threat seriously enough to issue this extremely unusual letter.

·
Registered
5,388 Posts
Good, though to be completely honest it should be obvious to everyone.

I hope that Biden simply takes office and leaves this mess behind.

·
Registered
19,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #187
Good, though to be completely honest it should be obvious to everyone.

I hope that Biden simply takes office and leaves this mess behind.
Leave it behind? That's not how it works. The USA has domestic terrorists and insurrectionists. These enemies of the state have to be rooted out and brought to justice before they cause more harm.

Don't you remember your military days? Like you did in the Canadian military... do you remember how those unstable countries had insurgents and terrorists? Well the USA has a lot of them too, and you don't just let something like that go.

Or do I misunderstand Iraq and Afghanistan. Did you guys just give the insurgents a pat on the back and tell them, "now you boys behave yourselves and don't cause more trouble!" Something tells me you (and your fellow soldiers) weren't so gentle and understanding towards insurgents and terrorists.

But, man do you sound gentle and understanding about these insurgents.

·
Registered
5,388 Posts
Leave it behind? That's not how it works. The USA has domestic terrorists and insurrectionists. These enemies of the state have to be rooted out and brought to justice before they cause more harm.

Don't you remember your military days? Like you did in the Canadian military... do you remember how those unstable countries had insurgents and terrorists? Well the USA has a lot of them too, and you don't just let something like that go.

Or do I misunderstand Iraq and Afghanistan. Did you guys just give the insurgents a pat on the back and tell them, "now you boys behave yourselves and don't cause more trouble!" Something tells me you (and your fellow soldiers) weren't so gentle and understanding towards insurgents and terrorists.

But, man do you sound gentle and understanding about these insurgents.
Again, making arguments against claims I didn't make. I think if you didn't spend so much time arguing with positions I never took, you'd have nothing to say.
I have, from the beginning, even while it was ongoing and full information was available, voiced my disapproval.
I've been calling for the prosecution of violent rioters for years.
I was calling for it when you were making false claims about secret police in Portland (and posting photos of uniformed and identified law enforcement to "prove" your casse"

Yes I want people to accept that as of noon on Jan 20, Biden will be president, and the US as a country has to move on and get united behind him. I agree with the Joint Chiefs, I would hope you do as well.

·
Registered
14,014 Posts
I had to laugh when I read the guy with the Viking helmet and painted face is in jail and is on a food protest.

His mother says he only eats "organically grown" food.

Maybe the jail will send someone to Whole Foods just for him.....LOL

·
Registered
5,388 Posts
I had to laugh when I read the guy with the Viking helmet and painted face is in jail and is on a food protest.

Yeah, but we know that these people are crazy.

·
Registered
5,438 Posts

... he can eat his own created organics :poop:too.

·
Registered
14,014 Posts
There can be no reconciliation until after the purge of traitors has ended.

Liberals have awoken from their slumber to the realization that appeasement doesn't work with those who support a criminal like Trump.

·
Registered
5,388 Posts
There can be no reconciliation until after the purge of traitors has ended.

Liberals have awoken from their slumber to the realization that appeasement doesn't work with those who support a criminal like Trump.
Talk like that is what the agitators need to rile up their supporters.

You need to be VERY clear who the problem is, saying "those who commit violence will be prosecuted" is fine.
saying "anyone who support the Republicans" is problematic.

I think it is very important that the crimes, but only the crimes are prosecuted.

If this gets the appearance of politically motivated retribution, it will get worse.

·
Registered
99 Posts
issued this instruction to ~ 2 million active personnel
Approximately half of them voted for trump (probably more), and in the case of 75 m Americans that voted trump, forming the resistance against what many believe as fabricated elections. I don’t think military will shoot the civilians. I don’t think it will get to that. But if I were to bet my money on trump supporters vs biden supporters in the street fighting, I would bet on the former.

·
Registered
19,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #195 (Edited)
The terrorists are not the same thing as the 74 million people who voted for Trump. Nobody has any gripe with people who exercise their right to vote... voting is legal.

There are not 74 million Americans acting in rebellion to the USA.

The terrorists are the ones who attempt to violently attack / overthrow the US government and harm government workers. You know, like bringing weapons and then going to government buildings to interfere with government, overthrow it, or cause bodily harm. The people who carry out the violence or directly organize it (Trump, Giuliani).

Currently that number is rather small. Maybe a few hundred actually trespassed into the Capitol building? Maybe a few thousand? There are likely many more thousand of them who had planned to attack the government but maybe didn't show up.

Whether the other 74 million Trump voters want to become terrorists and enemies of the state is up to them. If they decide to take up arms against the USA, then my guess is that they will either be charged with crimes, or killed in the process of committing terrorism. The military laid out the message that insurrection will not be permitted... so the choice of what to do is up to Trump voters.

If a Trump voter doesn't pick up a weapon to go fight the USA, then there's no problem.

But, a separate issue than the voters, Trump himself at this point is the leader of a terrorist group. Or as a former DHS official puts it, "the operational leader of this domestic terrorism effort".

·
Registered
99 Posts
The pictures of American military personnel sleeping on the floor of the American parliament, shows how scared American “elites“ are of the common American people.

·
Registered
14,014 Posts
"Show of force".........letting the anarchists know that they will get a much different response the next time they arrive in a mob.

A concrete and steel fence wall has already been constructed around the perimeter of the Capital. The anarchists won't get anywhere near there.

I don't expect any more than a few scattered problems. The mob is on the run. Any of them who used Parler will be known by the FBI and a database is being set up for them. Any time their ID is checked their name will pop up in the "domestic terrorist" category.

I hope they enjoy their new life.

·
Registered
19,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #198
The pictures of American military personnel sleeping on the floor of the American parliament, shows how scared American “elites“ are of the common American people.
They are not afraid of "common American people". They are afraid of terrorists, who are definitely not common people.

The MAGA terrorists use violence to bully the government representatives into meeting their agenda/ ideology. As a result, members of government fear for their lives, and their families, because the MAGA terrorists might kill them.

Do you somehow think it's a good thing for extremists to inflict fear and terror in the population? Right wing extremists did this a few months ago when they attempted to kidnap the Michigan governor.

·
Registered
99 Posts
A concrete and steel fence wall has already been constructed around the perimeter of the Capital. The anarchists won't get anywhere near there.
This is German parliament, no fence.

similar to other countries in Europe.
American so called political “elites” have lost touch with reality and Americans, and only remember them when election time comes.
They are not irreplaceable you know.

181 - 200 of 247 Posts