Canadian Money Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Banned
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi: Has this ever happened to you? I switched investment firms - to TD Waterhouse, to be exact. Its taken months - since Feb. (5 mos) and not even all our investments have been transferred.

I suspected the previous firm we dealt with, until this also happened. On June 1st we finally got the call that our main accounts were in & we went over to change a few things - but - those changes have also not gone through, which is 3 weeks now & counting! I expected those investments to be processed in about a week, give or take a couple of days.

Anyone else have experience with TD, RBC or similar bank firms out there? Are they all as incompetent?

PeeBee

·
Registered
1 Posts
It took us about the same amount of time to switch from TD Financial Management to TD Waterhouse last year.

First we made application to TD Waterhouse directly. When we followed up several weeks later we were informed the paperwork was incomplete and had been discarded - with no notification! Then we went into local branch thinking the staff would ensure the paperwork was correct. Of course it wasn't so it was literally months af back and forth between Head Office, the local branch and ourselves.

I feel your pain. You just have to keep at them (both sides) since it's more important to you than it is to them!

·
Banned
96 Posts
I have a Scotia Itrade account and transfered funds from my BMO investorline. It took about one month for the transfer to go thru and this with a mistake from BMO.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts