Canadian Money Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all

I bought some shares of CHL back in January but have not yet received any dividends, which were scheduled to be paid out in May. Is it normal for this much time to pass before rec'g payment? Does this have anything to do with a Canadian owning foreign shares? Who does one contact to receive payment?

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
15,839 Posts
divs in CHL went x on may 13, were payable june 22/09.

these ADRs are managed, as are many ADRs, by the Bank of New York. Here's the link to their china mobile page.

http://www.adrbnymellon.com/dr_profile.jsp?cusip=16941M109

if it were myself, i'd start with the broker. You may have to persuade them to look into this. At the web page above, click on the dividends tab. You'll see the name & phone of some lady - rhonda - to contact. If you're holding shares in street at your broker, rhonda won't be able to help you personally, but hers is a name & phone number that you could give your broker.

good luck !

·
Registered
240 Posts
Depending on when you bought them , you may have missed the ex/div date.

I suspect that is what happened but a phone call to Rhonda will confirm it one way or another.

Help me Rhonda!:D

This is the time period between a companys announcement of a dividend and the payout date. When a stock is trading ex-dividend, it means that investors who buy the companys stock will not be able to collect the most recently declared dividend. In stock listings, ex-dividend is indicated by a lower-case x. The ex-dividend date is the day the stock goes ex-dividend

·
Registered
15,839 Posts
said he bought em in january so he's entitled.

i'm wondering if he's online @ one of those small privately-owned discounters. They tend to have more back-office probs than the big bank-owned, which is why i favour the latter even though they may be a tad more expensive.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts