Canadian Money Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had a private message from a member who looks like he's now banned. Is there anyway to stop these?

Can I ask about policy too? Where are the limits on putting a link to my blog or my businesses website in posts? Some members are pretty aggressive about this already.

·
Premium Member
2,686 Posts
Can I ask about policy too? Where are the limits on putting a link to my blog or my businesses website in posts? Some members are pretty aggressive about this already.
FT can chime in as well, but here are my thoughts:

If you have a financial blog feel free to link to it through your signature -- it doesn't contravene the forum rules.

Exercise your judgment when linking to your site in the text of your post. Everything I've seen so far linked to the site if it is related to the thread topic. For instance, I've linked to a post I've written on the blog if the exact same topic is under discussion and the post provides additional information.

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
I had a private message from a member who looks like he's now banned. Is there anyway to stop these?

To add to what CC has said, we have various measures to prevent spam robots from signing up etc. But occasionally, a spammer will get through our screens and all we can do is react to the offender.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I noticed the quick response to the spammer though. Good job!

Is it just CC and FT that have access to the Ban button?

What should be done with future spam PMs? The threads have a "Report" button, but I couldnt see anything similar for PM's.

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
I noticed the quick response to the spammer though. Good job!

Is it just CC and FT that have access to the Ban button?

What should be done with future spam PMs? The threads have a "Report" button, but I couldnt see anything similar for PM's.
Good question. If you get another spam via PM, use this contact us link along with the message and we'll look into it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts