Canadian Money Forum banner

Sounds Crazy

4K views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  sprocket1200 
I find myself agreeing with you dogcom. I have found that deals do indeed find you if you ask around. People sell houses for a number of reasons and sometimes can't be troubled to sell for market price. Sometimes people have an emotional attachment t the home and want it to go to a nice family. Sometimes people want a quick sale. Sometimes houses are just abandoned. There are two houses like this in my neighborhood.

are they for sale Berube?
They are not on the MLS but if you approached the owner they might sell it to you.

You can find out who the house is legally registered to and where the tax bills go by going to city hall.

In the past I have left notes in the mailbox or even asked the neighbor for the phone number. It takes a while but people do get back to you.

You'd be surprised how many houses are sitting there empty....

I saw over 50 houses in person. I have very stringent requirements, had to be a construction project, had to have good long term appreciation and a large lot.

All those factors were in place, but it also felt right. I liked it :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.