Canadian Money Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4,087 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'll come here to ask firsy.
I'm part of a large email group ( 120+, softball league group). For dome reason lately, when anyone in the group sends out a "reply all" emsil. it goes directly info my hotmail Trash Folder. Then, after I open it, read it, & close it, it seems to disappear altogether. Weird.
Any suggestions how to fix this?

·
Registered
10,544 Posts
Which email client are you using for your Hotmail addy?

All my hotmail come in on the Outlook app and there is no Trash folder... only a Junk folder and a Deleted folder. If something comes into Junk and should be in Inbox, there is a 'Not Junk' option at the top of the email that can be clicked on and it will go automatically to Inbox.

·
Registered
4,087 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yes, sorry I have a Deleted Items Folder ( not Trash).
I'm aware of that Not Junk option you mentioned.
But my problem, as i outlined, is with the emails that go directly into the Deleted Folder(not the Junk Folder)
I want these emails going to my Inbox

·
Registered
4,372 Posts
I'll come here to ask firsy.
I'm part of a large email group ( 120+, softball league group). For dome reason lately, when anyone in the group sends out a "reply all" emsil. it goes directly info my hotmail Trash Folder. Then, after I open it, read it, & close it, it seems to disappear altogether. Weird.
Any suggestions how to fix this?
You want to whitelist or add to "safe senders".
It's a problem because random emails from people tends to be spam.

Unfortunately due to spam, mass emails like this really aren't working well anymore.

·
Registered
3,887 Posts
I have a Hotmail account that dates to 1997. It stopped working about a week ago. Today I found out it will work in Microsoft Edge but not in Firefox. Maybe something like that has happened to you. Try opening in Edge or some other browser than the one you are using now, it may help. I suspect they updated or revised it and that is why it no longer works as well.

·
Registered
4,087 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
too true!
but its such a hassle to change to a new address, notify everyone etc......yuck...

·
Registered
4,087 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
ya. thanks spudd
I think i had a"rule" set up to trash all emsils from s certain domain i.e. ...abc.com or whatever.
And one of the guys on the list must use this domain, so the whole list get trashed.
Ima have a look at all my rules..

·
Registered
590 Posts
I have a Hotmail account that dates to 1997. It stopped working about a week ago. Today I found out it will work in Microsoft Edge but not in Firefox. Maybe something like that has happened to you. Try opening in Edge or some other browser than the one you are using now, it may help. I suspect they updated or revised it and that is why it no longer works as well.
That's odd. I've had mine since 2000; it's working fine in Firefox.

·
Registered
10,544 Posts
I agree it likely has nothing to do with the browser. The email client's commands and options works in its own software behind the scenes. The browser just presents it to the user.

My Hotmail account from the time Gore invented the internet works fine in any browser, albeit I use the Win10 app on my PC to present it to me rather than view the website version. On my phone, I have the Gmail app configured to fetch all of my email from all of my email addresses from the likes of Outlook, Gmail, Yahoo, et al.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts