Canadian Money Forum banner

1941 - 1960 of 2585 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Same applies to your extraoplations ...

Also note the following from your link,

This is reinforced by our findings regarding the lack of any association with the government's actions taken during the pandemic. In that sense, the determining demographic, health, development, and environment factors seem much more important to anticipate the lethal consequences of the Covid-19 than government's actions, especially when such actions are led by political goals more than by sanitary ones. This last result however cannot predict that other types of measure would not reduce the pandemia death load.

The "government actions taken" are far too broad spectrum, they throw everthing in together both political and sanitary based. They don't specify actions as "lockdowns" and even state other types of measures they can't predict what the outcome would be. All "lockdowns" are not created equal by any means.
No, this is you extrapolating. You extrapolate the fact that government interventions don't result in decrease in hospitalizations and deaths to conclude that government interventions help, they just haven't been done properly. That's extrapolation.

I state the fact that the study concluded. "Therefore, the death rate appears not to be linked with the responses of governments. "

This is a fact.

Extrapolation is entirely yours

·
Super Moderator
4,194 Posts
No, this is you extrapolating. You extrapolate the fact that government interventions don't result in decrease in hospitalizations and deaths to conclude that government interventions help, they just haven't been done properly. That's extrapolation.

I state the fact that the study concluded. "Therefore, the death rate appears not to be linked with the responses of governments. "

This is a fact.

Extrapolation is entirely yours
Like I said, give me real data on lockdowns (that includes a definition of what a lockdown means), not some washed generalized study including "interventions" and we can discuss the pros/cons. Until then, you just keep on extrapolating on your "so called facts". :)

·
Registered
167 Posts
I am sure you are familiar with confounding in full factorial study? For this reason a study that breaks down interventions will be utterly useless. That's why limiting the scope is only way to get accurate results. You can deny the science all you want. Our government denies the science as well. Seems to be national trait I guess.
It isn't so called. Government intervention has no effect on deaths from COVID is a proven fact.
Your quotation marks don't change that.

·
Registered
4,648 Posts
Governments are making stupid Covid rules that causes many to ignore...like the new one in Alberta....only 10 people allowed at church to ensure Covid safety...unless..of course its a funeral in the same church...then its safe to allow 15 people.

We see how media is crucifying a outdoor rodeo of several hundred people in Alberta yet we are hosting the World Curling Championships at the same time indoors yet that one is safe for all lol.

We see how a few dozen people are threatened with jail in Calgary daring to voice their concerns about lock downs yet 100's of people are vilified as they voice their concerns about racism protesting in the same spot/different day.

One Calgary council idiot wanted people daring to not wear a mask outside to be charged with manslaughter!

·
Registered
7,378 Posts
I really like these two quotes.
This last result however cannot predict that other types of measure would not reduce the pandemia death load.
All "lockdowns" are not created equal by any means.

They are explicitly stating that their research doesn't say all measures will not be effective.

I agree lockdowns differ in severity and compliance.
In some areas a request to isolate (like we had with SARS) was enough.
In some jurisdictions armed guards blocking movement might not be enough.

·
Super Moderator
4,194 Posts
They are explicitly stating that their research doesn't say all measures will not be effective.
Exactly ... and this also sheds some light on their data.

Note that these indices simply record the number and strictness of government policies, and should not be interpreted as ‘scoring’ the appropriateness or effectiveness of a country’s response. A higher position in an index does not necessarily mean that a country's response is ‘better’ than others lower on the index.

Also with regards to lockdowns it wasn't until they banned selling of non-essential goods here that the number of in-store shoppers dropped substantially and people finally started to stay home. These types of restrictions don't show up in that data, it's not even used.

·
Registered
11,205 Posts

Trudope could solve his lack of 2nd shots for Canadians...Give each another CERB check & let em drive down to the Big Apple
We'd go to States for the second dose even though we didn't receive anything AT ALL :) Just paying taxes :(.

P.S. I'm temporarily back, as james aka Moderator 2 keep banning me for no ANY reason because I don't fit in his Liberal agenda LOL ... Typical Liberal hypocrisy !

·
Registered
11,205 Posts
Ontario is now on track to administer first doses of COVID-19 vaccines to 65 per cent of adults by the end of May, provincial health officials said Wednesday.

As of Tuesday evening, about 43 per cent of Ontarians aged 18 and older had received at least one shot.

So, in hot-spots (where about 75% new cases ) there should be about 60% who got vaccine...practically everyone who wanted already got it, even my19 y.o. relatives!
Thus, this stay-at-home lockdowns doesn't make any sense at all! Stop hysteria! Lift lockdowns! Let people live!

·
Registered
711 Posts

Thus, this stay-at-home lockdowns doesn't make any sense at all! Stop hysteria! Lift lockdowns! Let people live!
Gibor thanks for seeing & speaking the truth, not memorizing & repeating like a sheep.

Without the fake Conjob emergency the fake vaccines that are not vaccines would not be able to bypass proper testing. Moderna was never into vaccines they were always into experimenting with Gene therapy which they are now saying is a vaccine.

Why do you think there are all the false positive tests & no one dies of a heart attack anymore & only die of Covid which is the new miracle cure for the flu & other causes of death?

My friends tenant told me her mother who is living in India. Her mothers doctor told her mother not to come into the clinic to see him or else she would get vaccinated. He told her he would drop by her house to see her to avoid being vaccinated.

On Martin Armstrong blog he has 2 different video of the people in India attacking the Nazi vaccinators as the deaths are happening to those that are being vaccinated & not from Covid. Certain populations are more likely to be targeted with the death shot.

Do not believe the conspiracy theorists that say masks, lock downs save lives & the vaccines are vaccines

Do the sheep not realize oxygen not masks & exercise & fresh air not lock downs are the way to health.

Anyone that has been vaccinated your brain washing has been complete

·
Registered
7,378 Posts
Also with regards to lockdowns it wasn't until they banned selling of non-essential goods here that the number of in-store shoppers dropped substantially and people finally started to stay home. These types of restrictions don't show up in that data, it's not even used.
Similar here, lines are way faster.

·
Registered
6,186 Posts
We'd go to States for the second dose even though we didn't receive anything AT ALL :) Just paying taxes :(.

P.S. I'm temporarily back, as james aka Moderator 2 keep banning me for no ANY reason because I don't fit in his Liberal agenda LOL ... Typical Liberal hypocrisy !
... OMG, the anti-Liberal/political hysterics are back and why is this crap in a "vaccine" thread?

Work for the mods ...

·
Registered
7,378 Posts
Ontario is now on track to administer first doses of COVID-19 vaccines to 65 per cent of adults by the end of May, provincial health officials said Wednesday.

As of Tuesday evening, about 43 per cent of Ontarians aged 18 and older had received at least one shot.

So, in hot-spots (where about 75% new cases ) there should be about 60% who got vaccine...practically everyone who wanted already got it, even my19 y.o. relatives!
65% of adults, which is less than 50% of the population isn't enough to stop the spread.
Also it takes 2-3 weeks before the vaccine is very effective anyway.

We're gonna be until june/july until vaccination is the driver for opening up.
Ontario is still 3k new cases/day.

I know a lot of people who haven't been able to get a vaccine yet.

·
Registered
7,378 Posts
Just to clarify, people are still dying of heart disease. Even more in 2020 than in previous years.

View attachment 21648
Heart diesease is on a long term upward trend, we have dramatically improved care, but Heart Diesease and Cancer are the two big "gonna get ya" ones out there.

I think an important note is that COVID19 is that it is lower because only a fraction of the population got it, if everyone got it, it would likely have been the number 1 killer last year.

On a good note, I'm glad to see that the US suicide rate didn't spike last year.

·
Registered
13,951 Posts
65% of adults, which is less than 50% of the population isn't enough to stop the spread.

COVID was probably close to leading cause of death in the US for the 12 months April 2020 to March 2021.

·
Registered
11,205 Posts

Texas lifted all restrictions when less than 40% got even 1st dose and their stats greatly approved.
I personally don't know anyone 18+ in GTA who wasn't able to get vaccine. But I know a lot of people who just doesn't want to be vaccinated ... maybe this is the reason 3K new cases/day?

1941 - 1960 of 2585 Posts