Canadian Money Forum banner

1861 - 1880 of 1951 Posts

·
Registered
2,119 Posts
I may have mentioned the low update for those 80+ in my small rural town. I actually was talking to two neighbours and both said they didn’t want to get it. One did, just so he would be allowed to travel. The other is still a “no”….hoping that vaccine passports don’t come to reality.

I just find it weird that you would choose to get the vaccine simply because of travel. And not all the other good reasons. Funny how people forget about measles, mumps, rubella, chicken pox, shingles, diphtheria, tetanus, pertussis, polio etc etc.

·
Registered
14,756 Posts
A surprising number of people have phobias about doctors, hospitals, dentists.......etc.

They make excuses about the safety of the vaccines to hide their fears of a panic attack in the vaccination centers.

·
Registered
4,631 Posts

·
Registered
3,937 Posts
My wife asked me today what I was up to. I said. "I thought I would just sit around and make some more antibodies. What are you up to today?"

Vaccine makes everyday a productive day.

·
Registered
4,631 Posts
More CDC stuff

"Cleaning once a day is usually enough," the CDC said on its website.
It noted that the risk of contracting COVID-19 from touching a contaminated surface is less than one in 10,000.

I quit using hand sanitizer a couple weeks ago...its pretty unhealthy and I have survived over 60 years without it.

·
Super Moderator
4,041 Posts
Some data reported for Canada ...

The Public Health Agency of Canada (PHAC) says there have been 6,789 confirmed COVID-19 cases in those who have received the first dose of a vaccine out of more than 13 million people who have been vaccinated.

PHAC said 4,515 of these cases were reported within 14 days of being vaccinated and 2,274 cases were reported at a minimum of 14 days after receiving the first dose. As of April 26, out of the 2,274 cases reported above for which outcome information was available, 203 COVID-19 cases were reported to be hospitalized, and 53 cases died due to COVID-19.

·
Registered
20,455 Posts
PHAC said 4,515 of these cases were reported within 14 days of being vaccinated and 2,274 cases were reported at a minimum of 14 days after receiving the first dose.
If someone is diagnosed with COVID within 14 days of being vaccinated, I think that means they picked up COVID before safely waiting out the 14 days to build up their immune response.

So maybe this result isn't as bad as it sounds. The majority of those "breakthrough cases" happened before the person really was protected from the vaccine.

The message here is ... be damned careful in the days leading up to your vaccination, and for 14 days after getting vaccinated.

·
Super Moderator
4,041 Posts
The message here is ... be damned careful in the days leading up to your vaccination, and for 14 days after getting vaccinated.
Actually, it is reported for pfizer, that it can take up to 21 days. In any case, vaccinated or not, people should follow the same guidelines.

·
Registered
13,790 Posts
More CDC stuff

"Cleaning once a day is usually enough," the CDC said on its website.
It noted that the risk of contracting COVID-19 from touching a contaminated surface is less than one in 10,000.

I quit using hand sanitizer a couple weeks ago...its pretty unhealthy and I have survived over 60 years without it.
I still wash my hands after visiting the grocery store, etc.

·
Registered
4,631 Posts
I wash my hands as well but just back to normal frequency. I just quit the hand sanitizer shtick...not healthy.

·
Registered
3,937 Posts
Some data reported for Canada ...

The Public Health Agency of Canada (PHAC) says there have been 6,789 confirmed COVID-19 cases in those who have received the first dose of a vaccine out of more than 13 million people who have been vaccinated.

PHAC said 4,515 of these cases were reported within 14 days of being vaccinated and 2,274 cases were reported at a minimum of 14 days after receiving the first dose. As of April 26, out of the 2,274 cases reported above for which outcome information was available, 203 COVID-19 cases were reported to be hospitalized, and 53 cases died due to COVID-19.
In my opinion a break-through case is not a break-through case unless the person obtained the infection after 14 days AND was hospitalized and/or died.

The reason for this should be obvious.

First of all we know we need to wait 14 days for the vaccine to work, so with less time we can call these cases unvaccinated.
Secondly, we know that when a person receives any dose of vaccine and especially when they receive their 2nd dose, they tend to get side effect symptoms. Most feel fatigue and get headaches and quite a few even get fevers.
Thirdly, we know the vaccine cannot keep virus out of your nose and mouth. Its benefit is that when you do get active virus in your nose and mouth it neutralizes it quickly. Unfortuneately that is not instantaneously completed. It still takes some time, although it should be a lot less time for the vaccinated.

So if you think about it for a moment you will see that if the vaccine is working well, when you are exposed to covid, your immune system will attack it quickly, but while doing so you will experience covid symptoms. If you test that person right away, they will test positive for the short period that they are. What we are calling a case of symptomatic covid is in most cases just your vaccinated immune system doing what it should be doing. We are not looking at this the correct way.

So unless a person gets severely sick or dies, it is not a break-through case. I don't know how long it will be before someone else sees this and clears up the confusion but for now, my suggestion is to ignore most of it. It is just for hype. The vaccines are working very well. Just look at Israel.

·
Registered
3,937 Posts
They closed their borders, like every other country who got COVID19 under control quickly.

We've known quarantines and travel restrictions work, they worked with SARS, they worked with COVID.
Maybe next pandemic our PM will do their job.
Don't distract the point. The virus was already in Israel before they started vaccinating. The border closing would have had a very small benefit. The vaccines are working well. That is the point. Let's leave your political agenda out of this good news.

·
Registered
2,119 Posts
Is there any update on when these vaccines will receive “final” approval….not under emergency use? Is this something we can expect?

1861 - 1880 of 1951 Posts