Canadian Money Forum banner

1521 - 1540 of 1552 Posts

·
Registered
6,327 Posts
I don't really understand Ontario Phase 3 vaccination plan.....they write "
  • Adults 59 years and younger
So, when it starts, everyone is eligible to register or they will still go by 5 years increments, 55-59, 50-54 and so on?

Interestingly, only 59.6% Canadians want to get vaccine if it's available tomorrow....the highest % in Denmark - 68%, the lowest in France 40%
You're quoting old/incomplete data, which is why you should include links to support your claim.

Back in December the UK was at 70% which is above your Denmark 68%, so they weren't the highest then.

·
Banned
10,886 Posts
You're quoting old/incomplete data, which is why you should include links to support your claim.

Back in December the UK was at 70% which is above your Denmark 68%, so they weren't the highest then.

Data I posted is a new and updated on daily basis
UK is on 2nd place with 67.5% ... Canada at 59.6%

·
Registered
6,327 Posts
Data I posted is a new and updated on daily basis
UK is on 2nd place with 67.5% ... Canada at 59.6%
The numbers for France seem really low, 24% at end of December.
That's also a major departure with other data, I'm questioniable on what's correct.

·
Registered
20,164 Posts
Dr. Fauci has already rejected the CDC Director Walensky's "impending doom" rhetoric, and on Tuesday, he told CNBC that "as long as we keep vaccinating people efficiently and effectively, I don't think [a fourth wave] is gonna happen."
It's normal to see disagreements between experts. They won't all think the same thing, and it doesn't mean any of them are right or wrong.

Even in my world of computer software, you can take something technical and still get a million different opinions on it. That doesn't bother me. I want the experts to have some debate, and I would be more afraid if there was groupthink or blind spots.

I personally think Fauci has been pretty reasonable and sensible through the pandemic.

I also think it's great that the CDC explicitly recommends that people avoid all travel to Canada. We are a hot spot with way too much COVID. The CDC warning says that even vaccinated people should avoid travel, due to the risk of the variants.

·
Registered
4,505 Posts
CDC only warns non vaccinated to not travel.

Fully vaccinated people can travel within the United States and do not need COVID-19 testing or post-travel self-quarantine
  • Fully vaccinated people can travel internationally without getting a COVID-19 test before travel unless it is required by the international destination.
  • Fully vaccinated people do not need to self-quarantine after returning to the United States, unless required by a state or local jurisdiction.
  • Fully vaccinated people must still have a negative COVID-19 test result before they board a flight to the United States and get a COVID-19 test 3 to 5 days after returning from international travel.
  • Fully vaccinated people should continue to take COVID-19 precautions while traveling internationally.

·
Registered
1,996 Posts
Ontario offering vaccine to 18+ in hard hit areas. This on top of a new “stay at home” order. And they finally ordered the big box stores to only sell food, pharmacy and cleaning items. Other sections of essential stores cordoned off. Non essential retail is now curbside pickup only.

·
Super Moderator
3,883 Posts

·
Registered
3,349 Posts
CDC only warns non vaccinated to not travel.

Fully vaccinated people can travel within the United States and do not need COVID-19 testing or post-travel self-quarantine
  • Fully vaccinated people can travel internationally without getting a COVID-19 test before travel unless it is required by the international destination.
  • Fully vaccinated people do not need to self-quarantine after returning to the United States, unless required by a state or local jurisdiction.
  • Fully vaccinated people must still have a negative COVID-19 test result before they board a flight to the United States and get a COVID-19 test 3 to 5 days after returning from international travel.
  • Fully vaccinated people should continue to take COVID-19 precautions while traveling internationally.
the thing is fully vaccinated people can still get Covid so why should not quarantine when they get back? They will not die, but they can still plead to someone who isn’t vaccinated and will die.

My moms home has been fully vaccinated including staff. They had a staff who was vaccinated still test positive for Covid one month+ after they finished the 2nd shot, Our friends hose a nurse and fully vacinate had three of her staff who are also vaccinated get it. They are still working with patients and need to stay home a quarantine.

It’s. when the majority are vaccinated then even if someone gets it, it should not matter. Then quarantine isn’t required. I am failing to understand how someone’s desire to travel should take a higher priority over someone’s desire not to get Covid.

·
Registered
6,327 Posts
Ontario offering vaccine to 18+ in hard hit areas. This on top of a new “stay at home” order. And they finally ordered the big box stores to only sell food, pharmacy and cleaning items. Other sections of essential stores cordoned off. Non essential retail is now curbside pickup only.
That's BS, 18 yr olds have orders of magnitude lower risk than people in their 40's or 50s.
Hard hit areas, have what 2x the number of cases per capita?

Vaccinate according to risk.

·
Registered
4,505 Posts
From this CDC link ... COVID-19 in Canada - COVID-19 Very High - Level 4: COVID-19 Very High - Travel Health Notices | Travelers' Health | CDC

• Because of the current situation in Canada even fully vaccinated travelers may be at risk for getting and spreading COVID-19 variants and should avoid all travel to Canada.
I didn't post about traveling to Canada. I posted that CDC said vaccinated people are OK to travel.(and quoted from their site). Believe it or not many Americans travel elsewhere than to Medicine Hat. Oh and you left a bit out for effect I guess..."If you must travel to Canada, get fully vaccinated before travel. "

Who in their right mind would travel to Canada to spend 2k & 3 days of eating cheese sandwiches in a roach motel anyway?

·
Registered
4,505 Posts
the thing is fully vaccinated people can still get Covid so why should not quarantine when they get back? They will not die, but they can still plead to someone who isn’t vaccinated and will die.

My moms home has been fully vaccinated including staff. They had a staff who was vaccinated still test positive for Covid one month+ after they finished the 2nd shot, Our friends hose a nurse and fully vacinate had three of her staff who are also vaccinated get it. They are still working with patients and need to stay home a quarantine.

It’s. when the majority are vaccinated then even if someone gets it, it should not matter. Then quarantine isn’t required. I am failing to understand how someone’s desire to travel should take a higher priority over someone’s desire not to get Covid.
CDC said fully vaccinated people do not spread Covid...

·
Registered
3,349 Posts
CDC said fully vaccinated people do not spread Covid...
I am not sure how this true is if they can still catch it.

Am I looking on the wrong cdc site? This was directly from there. Do you have a different link?

‘We’re still learning how vaccines will affect the spread of COVID-19. After you’ve been fully vaccinated against COVID-19, you should keep taking precautions—like wearing a mask, staying 6 feet apart from others, and avoiding crowds and poorly ventilated spaces—in public places until we know more.’

No where does it say you don’t have take precautions. I am sure the staff at my moms home still had to isolate when they tested positive for Covid after being fully vaccinated. CDC says if you get symptoms to get tested and isolate too.

Also keep in mind this is updated based on US were they have a higher percentage of the people fully vaccinated. It states very clearly that if you going to another country there is a higher risk both getting and spreading COVID

It seems contradictory in that you can still catch Covid, therefore still spread it, but don’t have to quarantine. Doesn’t seem right to me.

·
Registered
3,349 Posts
There's lots of links ...you do realize CDC is The United States Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and not Canada right?

CDC director says data 'suggests that vaccinated people do not carry the virus'

This is based on actual clinical data not guesses & conjecture.
so I went directly to the official CDC gov site site and pulled this (also just quoted in my last post) which is clear that though the vaccine are looking, they are still learning about spread and it can still spread in fully vaccinated people. Again, NO WHERE a does it say you can mot spread Covid.

‘We’re still learning how vaccines will affect the spread of COVID-19. After you’ve been fully vaccinated against COVID-19, you should keep taking precautions—like wearing a mask, staying 6 feet apart from others, and avoiding crowds and poorly ventilated spaces—in public places until we know more.‘

Then in your article, the title, the director nor CDC says that the virus cannot be contracted nor spread, it SUGGEST (even in the title] that the virus does not spread, from your article....

‘We hope that within the next five or so months we'll be able to answer the very important question about whether vaccinated people get infected asymptomatically, and if they do, do they transmit the infection to others,"

This is clear they don’t know yet, though are hopeful. ’hopeful‘ is not the same as fact. Last year, someone was hopeful that Vovid would be gone by Easter 2020. That hope didn’t translate to fact - yet.

In your examples, I am hopeful and the data does suggest that transmission is will be none, but it’s not conclusive yet. The fact that I personally know of 4 fully vaccinated people who caught the virus (different sources), tells me they can still spread it.

i even said that the CDC is US a and they have a higher percentage of vacinate people so the risks is lower if someone fully vaccinated returns from travels. In Canada, our percentages are not even close to the US for fully vaccination, therefore the risk of someone coming back into canada even though they are fully vacinated, the risk of of them infecting someone unvaccinated is higher Just because we have more unvaccinated people.

·
Registered
4,505 Posts
I prefer to follow clinical data results summarized by the director of the CDC rather than various opinions. Perhaps the next clinical results will be different....more actual results are otw.
At this time results show the virus does not spread from vaccinated test subjects.

Anyway the only reason I care to requote this news for the 20th time is that it is good news...many people won't like it as they prefer all fear all the time. Others can enjoy the moment. I know I am.

·
Registered
13,560 Posts
That's BS, 18 yr olds have orders of magnitude lower risk than people in their 40's or 50s.
Hard hit areas, have what 2x the number of cases per capita?

Vaccinate according to risk.
I believe the thinking is try to get to herd immunity faster in hotspots. 18 year olds are at low risk to themselves, but high risk to others for spreading infection.

Doctors may soon have to start making triage decisions about who to offer ICU care to and who to let die.

·
Registered
13,560 Posts

·
Registered
4,505 Posts
Hand washing & sanitizer will soon be designated as useless in the fight against Covid...no link yet though.

·
Registered
3,422 Posts
1521 - 1540 of 1552 Posts