Canadian Money Forum banner

1501 - 1520 of 1552 Posts

·
Banned
10,886 Posts

·
Registered
20,164 Posts
A friend of mine (who's on immune suppression drugs) got a Moderna shot in the US. He's part of a scientific study because he's at very high risk.

Interestingly, the single shot of Moderna gave him an incredibly strong immune response. The docs measured his antibody levels as very high, far larger than expected.

This is anecdotal, based on what he's hearing from the docs, but he says Moderna seems to elicit a strong response in people on immune suppression drugs. The Moderna shot has a higher dose of the MRNA payload than Pfizer.

This comes with more side effects, too. He says he was knocked out of commission for 36 hours. Fever and terrible chills. So tired he was bed ridden and couldn't lift his head. He had significant gastrointestinal side effects for 5 days.

But then it turns out he had massive antibody response and very high resulting immunity. I'm not sure if there's anything to take away from this, but it sounds like the Moderna shot packs more punch than Pfizer... with more side effects.

·
Banned
10,886 Posts
This comes with more side effects, too. He says he was knocked out of commission for 36 hours. Fever and terrible chills. So tired he was bed ridden and couldn't lift his head. He had significant gastrointestinal side effects for 5 days.
My mom is 75 with underlying conditions and got Moderna 2 weeeks ago.....absolutely no side effects

·
Banned
10,886 Posts
What garbage, from a far right, white supremacist scumbag. Everything he spews is filth.

I'm not surprised you like his content though. It seems right up your alley. Beware, enough of this filth will melt your brain.
The real garbage is an "cheerful idiot, wearing weird costumes and yammering on about diversity" the former drama teacher whose cult you admire

·
Registered
20,164 Posts
The real garbage is an "cheerful idiot, wearing weird costumes and yammering on about diversity" the former drama teacher whose cult you admire
gibor, you're hilarious. Do you not realize that neo nazis actually love Tucker? The Daily Stormer (nazi web site) loves Tucker, because he's a vile white supremacist / white nationalist.

The Nazis love him, and gibor loves him too!

I say it's hilarious because you're Jewish, and yet, you enjoy all the same stuff as neo Nazis and white supremacists, including their xenophobic anti-immigration stuff. The kind of material you post on this board is virtually indistinguishable from the opinions of antisemites and neo-nazis.

I seriously doubt that you are actually Jewish.

·
Banned
10,886 Posts
james, stop BSing! You, liberals, are telling that Trump , Jared Kushner, Ezra Levant, Pamela Geller and anyone who doesn't agree with liberal values are anti Semitic.

Maybe some Nazis love him, but ALL Islamists ,terrorists supporters and anti-Semitics love "cheerful idiot, wearing weird costumes and yammering on about diversity" the former drama teacher whose cult you admire..

P.S. Just do some research, in Europe more and more Jews support ultra-right parties like National Rally , Vox, AfD, The party of Geert Wilders etc... and those parties in turn support Jewish and Israel ... Finally Jewish people started to understand that left-liberal scam hate us

·
Registered
3,920 Posts
Don't see anything there that would help me.

We are just going to continue on as though we did not get the first shot. How effective that shot will be after 4 months, especially with possibly compromised immune system, is not known by anyone, it seems.

Pfizer say their double dose is good for 6 months. (Some say perhaps longer). For first 4 months we have had just one dose. We get a second shot after 4 months? Canada is like being on a separate vaccine universe ;)

Nevertheless, weather is improving and we are able to socialize outdoors. Bikes, walks, golf, family/friend on deck. No movies, bars, crowded restaurants! No hardship really.

·
Banned
10,886 Posts
Pfizer say their double dose is good for 6 months. (Some say perhaps longer). For first 4 months we have had just one dose. We get a second shot after 4 months? Canada is like being on a separate vaccine universe ;)
Hey! And you criticize me about criticizing NACI, Health Canada and Theresa Tam?! as per CDC , the maximum period between 2 doses should be 42 days! Canada is the only country in the World that decided to have 4 months interval between 2 doses!
btw, my MIL got 2nd dose 3 weeks after 1st, my mom is still waiting for 2nd, my uncle and aunt were told 4 months in York... Go figure!

·
Registered
7,052 Posts
We got our second Pfizer dose today, 42 days to the minute after our first dose. Sure hope CDC is right?

·
Registered
1,996 Posts
Check out patty hajdu’s Twitter post. She’s detailed how many vaccines each prov/terr. Has received and how many have been administered. Seems the ball is with the provinces now.

as an example, in ontario, provided 4,022,875 vaccines and they have administered 2,545,640 doses across the province.

·
Registered
3,523 Posts
I see they are dropping the age of phase 2 vaccine appointments in Ottawa by 10 years instead of the usual 5 years as of Wednesday. Dropping from age 70 to age 60.

"OTTAWA -- Residents of Ottawa born in or before 1961 will be able to book an appointment for COVID-19 vaccine through Ontario's booking system as of Wednesday.
The province announced on Tuesday that all public health units using the booking system will be booking appointments for residents 60 and older as of April 7."

Ottawa News | Local Breaking | CTV News Ottawa

ltr

·
Registered
4,505 Posts
Dr. Fauci has already rejected the CDC Director Walensky's "impending doom" rhetoric, and on Tuesday, he told CNBC that "as long as we keep vaccinating people efficiently and effectively, I don't think [a fourth wave] is gonna happen."

·
Registered
13,560 Posts
I suspect there will be a fourth wave in the US, in some ways we are already seeing it. I just don't think it will be as large, owing to the rapid vaccine rollout. But working against that rollout is probably reckless reopening and encouraging of large scale gatherings. Would not be surprised if Texas is brewing up its fourth wave right now. Just saw the capacity baseball game with no masks in sight. At their current levels of vaccination that could still easily be a cause of a lot of spread.

·
Registered
4,505 Posts
Will be interesting to revisit in a couple of weeks...atm cases etc are still going down in Texas a month later much to Fauci's chagrin.

I'll put this here to look at in 2 weeks

·
Banned
10,886 Posts
as an example, in ontario, provided 4,022,875 vaccines and they have administered 2,545,640 doses across the province.

According to Hajdu’s tweets, Ontario has received over four million vaccine doses to date – but has administered just over 2.5 million of them
So, who is lying, Health Ontario (who complains that there are no enough vaccines) or Hajdu (who claims ON used only 62% available vaccines)? (probably 1.5M AZ vaccines were also included and people just don;t trust them?)

·
Registered
13,560 Posts
According to Hajdu’s tweets, Ontario has received over four million vaccine doses to date – but has administered just over 2.5 million of them
So, who is lying, Health Ontario (who complains that there are no enough vaccines) or Hajdu (who claims ON used only 62% available vaccines)? (probably 1.5M AZ vaccines were also included and people just don;t trust them?)
To be fair to Ford, I imagine many of those 1.5M unused doses arrived quite recently as Canada's supply is ramping up in April.

·
Banned
10,886 Posts
To be fair to Ford, I imagine many of those 1.5M unused doses arrived quite recently as Canada's supply is ramping up in April.
So, we'll vaccination numbers later this week.... AFAIR, somebody from ON government threw that even 400,000 can be administrated per day ....
So far , ON record was about 70-75K per day, right?

·
Banned
10,886 Posts
I don't really understand Ontario Phase 3 vaccination plan.....they write "
  • Adults 59 years and younger
So, when it starts, everyone is eligible to register or they will still go by 5 years increments, 55-59, 50-54 and so on?

Interestingly, only 59.6% Canadians want to get vaccine if it's available tomorrow....the highest % in Denmark - 68%, the lowest in France 40%

1501 - 1520 of 1552 Posts