Canadian Money Forum banner

1481 - 1500 of 1552 Posts

·
Registered
1,996 Posts
Sharing my moms experience. She has risk cancer and NACI recently updated guidelines so high-risk individuals can get their second shot in 3-4 weeks, instead of 4 months. The folks in Peel have been great. She gets her first shot today and we‘ve been told someone will call us in a week or two to schedule the second shot. They also advised us that because of my moms illness, my dad might also get an expedited second dose As he is the primary caregiver.

·
Registered
3,523 Posts
Sharing my moms experience. She has risk cancer and NACI recently updated guidelines so high-risk individuals can get their second shot in 3-4 weeks, instead of 4 months. The folks in Peel have been great. She gets her first shot today and we‘ve been told someone will call us in a week or two to schedule the second shot. They also advised us that because of my moms illness, my dad might also get an expedited second dose As he is the primary caregiver.
So NACI and the government is basically admitting the 4 month interval doesn't protect people.

ltr

·
Registered
686 Posts
I suspect you're wrong.
They didn't even manage to maintain the SARS PPE stockpile, instead they threw it out right before COVID19.
Think about that SARS-CoV caused a scare, we made plans and preparations, a decade later we threw it all out, and were unprepared for SARS-CoV-2.

Do you really think that anyone will spend the extra billions to maintain these industries in Canada?
Imagine how many handouts to buy votes they could get?

Although I could imagine a nice big federally subsidized industry could be just what they want.
Asking the questions is one thing, while actually executing where it makes sense or is important to us is another matter.
You're insane if you don't think there there's going to be a post pandemic review, after we stop running around with our hair on fire, on where the choke points were and why, what caused the most impact, what we did well, and what we could rely on. There were likely a lot of assumptions made during the first partial go around which have now either been proved valid or incorrect during this full blown event.

·
Registered
3,920 Posts
NACI recently updated guidelines so high-risk individuals can get their second shot in 3-4 weeks, instead of 4 months.
I have not seen any update. Do you have a reference? If this is true, please post link.I am a cancer patient myself. I did just get a call to reschedule my cancelled 2nd dose - it is 15 1/2 week after the first.

·
Banned
10,886 Posts
We do know, and this is significant, that Canada has fallen far behind other advanced nations in distributing the vaccine, which is interesting considering the decades of propaganda all of us here have been subject to about the glories of the Canadian healthcare system. According to Andrea Taylor, a researcher at Duke's Global Health Innovation Center, Canada "had more faith in the global supply chain than other countries."

Oh, they believed the whole globalism thing worked. That turned out to be a mistake. But rather than admit that globalist stupidity is the problem, Justin Trudeau decided to punish his own citizens. It’s his fault, and the population gets punished. Recognize that impulse? It should, because neoliberalism is always the same, no matter where you find it.

·
Registered
6,327 Posts
You're insane if you don't think there there's going to be a post pandemic review, after we stop running around with our hair on fire, on where the choke points were and why, what caused the most impact, what we did well, and what we could rely on. There were likely a lot of assumptions made during the first partial go around which have now either been proved valid or incorrect during this full blown event.
I completely agree.
But I don't trust the government to do a good job.
Trudeau is finally almost closing the borders, after a year of lying about doing so.

Is he the guy you trust to prepare for the next pandemic?

I think politicians like him will be eager to cut out long term strategic plans in favour of silly gimicks to win the next election

·
Registered
4,505 Posts
Why personal attacks? He has a right to his opinion,if you don't like it use the ignore feature.

Many Canadians hold the view that Tam is out of her league and only holds the post because hiring wasn't merit based. Who knew that somehow she would ever become relevant in Canada?

·
Registered
6,327 Posts
Why personal attacks? He has a right to his opinion,if you don't like it use the ignore feature.

Many Canadians hold the view that Tam is out of her league and only holds the post because hiring wasn't merit based. Who knew that somehow she would ever become relevant in Canada?
I'd go further
Even though I think Tam is either chose to explicitly mislead the government and the people of Canada, contributing the death of thousands.
Or she's grossly incompetent. Either of which is reason to remove her from her position.

·
Banned
10,886 Posts
I'd go further
Even though I think Tam is either chose to explicitly mislead the government and the people of Canada, contributing the death of thousands.
Or she's grossly incompetent. Either of which is reason to remove her from her position.
Just curious if Tam ever admitted that she did mistake while telling Canadians last march that wearing masks doesn't make sense?!
She should be fired 1 year ago!

·
Registered
5,881 Posts
Just curious if Tam ever admitted that she did mistake while telling Canadians last march that wearing masks doesn't make sense?!
She should be fired 1 year ago!
... why does it matter to you anyways, considering you believe Covid is "only" the "flu".

Did it ever occurred to you that she was trying to protect the "health systems" by not emphasizing the use of "masks" at that time, especially considering the shortage of 3M masks, and what have you PPEs? Or possibly there's political play involved?

·
Registered
1,996 Posts
I have not seen any update. Do you have a reference? If this is true, please post link.I am a cancer patient myself. I did just get a call to reschedule my cancelled 2nd dose - it is 15 1/2 week after the first.
Sorry, not NACI. Government of Ontario is making the change. It’s still early....my mom still got an appointment 16 weeks out, but I’m working with the scheduler to move it up. They asked for the oncologists name to confirm. Here is the new “exceptions” document from The province.

·
Banned
10,886 Posts
Sorry, not NACI. Government of Ontario is making the change. It’s still early....my mom still got an appointment 16 weeks out, but I’m working with the scheduler to move it up. They asked for the oncologists name to confirm. Here is the new “exceptions” document from The province.

What is happening in ON is very weird ! My MIL today got 2nd Pfizer shot (she lives in Halton senior house), my mom (who also lives in Halton senior house, but in a different one) , got 1st Moderna shot, but no any notice about 2nd one (maybe delayed because of Moderna again suspend shipment to Canada?!). My uncle and aunt who live independently in York, were told that they can do a 2nd vaccine only after 4 months.... So, it's very confusing....

However, as per CDC (and I believe them much more than NACI or Thersa Tam,
You should get your second shot as close to the recommended 3-week or 4-week interval as possible. However, your second dose may be given up to 6 weeks (42 days) after the first dose, if necessary.

Up to 6 weeks and 4 months (17 weeks) are huge differences...
P.S. Looks like NACI wants to do a huge experiment on Canadians

·
Registered
13,560 Posts
We do know, and this is significant, that Canada has fallen far behind other advanced nations in distributing the vaccine, which is interesting considering the decades of propaganda all of us here have been subject to about the glories of the Canadian healthcare system. According to Andrea Taylor, a researcher at Duke's Global Health Innovation Center, Canada "had more faith in the global supply chain than other countries."

Oh, they believed the whole globalism thing worked. That turned out to be a mistake. But rather than admit that globalist stupidity is the problem, Justin Trudeau decided to punish his own citizens. It’s his fault, and the population gets punished. Recognize that impulse? It should, because neoliberalism is always the same, no matter where you find it.
Shouldn't you at least credit wherever you are stealing this from?

1481 - 1500 of 1552 Posts