Canadian Money Forum banner

461 - 480 of 555 Posts

·
Registered
14,279 Posts
Ford made a bad healthcare situation much worse.

He cut healthcare funding and eliminated LTC home audits.

What did he think was going to happen ?

I doubt the NDP could manage to be worse.

·
Registered
10,512 Posts
For us , the best priority now somehow to organize vaccines to my mom and MIL, 75+ with health conditions...

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
Most stores are closed for indoor shopping, unless they are grocery stores or pharmacies. I haven't bought anything curbside or online since before Christmas, so it must not be that big of a deal. Of course, I have pretty much everything I need.
Here in Quebec everything was closed except grocery stores and pharmacies but then there's a curfew from 8 PM to 5 AM. Everything closed between those hours unless it's an hospital or it's delivery. Even grocery stores and pharmacies.

You could not go out between 8 PM and 5 AM.

I usually go to grocery stores late but now I had to change my schedule to go to the grocery store between 6:30 PM and 7:30 PM (that's the hour they close so that everybody can go back home).

I'm currently doing renovations at my home and I can't live there during those renovations. I'm traveling 1h30 between both houses. But due to the curfew at 8 PM and since I'm not ready to leave at 6:30 PM I must do the traveling in the morning at 5 AM.

That being said, they noticed that the curfew was much more useful than closing stores, so now they are slowly reopening stores while maintaining the curfew.

It's the first time Quebec has a curfew since WWII.

·
Super Moderator
3,714 Posts
That being said, they noticed that the curfew was much more useful than closing stores, so now they are slowly reopening stores while maintaining the curfew.
That interesting how they worked that out. So during the curfew any type of store can be open and sell anything?

·
Registered
3,709 Posts
That's because those stores were never driving this pandemic nor are schools. Perhaps a few asymptomatic infections but overall that was not where they were coming from. If the spike at Christmas, and then the downturn a month after, cannot point you in the right direction, then I don't think I can help you. How loud does the virus have to yell it to us?

I have said, so many times, the solution to this pandemic is very simple. We know everything we need to know. The virus told us:

1) Stop social gathering indoors and ensure proper precautions are used in workplaces 100% of the time including breaks and lunches.
2) Vaccinate as many people as possible starting with the vulnerable.

Any questions?

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
That interesting how they worked that out. So during the curfew any type of store can be open and sell anything?
No, only restaurants, grocery stores and pharmacies. Only essentials can be sold for delivery.

In fact, it's pretty funny to see, but when you would enter a store during the day, only items considered essentials can be sold, other sections are closed.

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
1) Stop social gathering indoors and ensure proper precautions are used in workplaces 100% of the time including breaks and lunches.
Yup, that's exactly why the curfew worked out well. Most of the new infections were due to indoor gatherings and parties between friends in the evening after work. With a curfew at 8 PM, it's pretty restrictive for those gatherings.

·
Registered
4,332 Posts
I think much Covid policy in force today is a result of submitting to hysterical citizens wanting something done. More locked down than ever even though Covid cases are disappearing and the curves have not only been flattened but inverted.

·
Registered
10,512 Posts
That's because those stores were never driving this pandemic nor are schools. Perhaps a few asymptomatic infections but overall that was not where they were coming from. If the spike at Christmas, and then the downturn a month after, cannot point you in the right direction, then I don't think I can help you. How loud does the virus have to yell it to us?

I have said, so many times, the solution to this pandemic is very simple. We know everything we need to know. The virus told us:

2) Vaccinate as many people as possible starting with the vulnerable.

Any questions?
Not sure that are numbers of new covid cases are going down because of lockdowns, Russia has no any lockdown, even big sporting events (like soccer or figure skating) are full of fans, all stores and restaurants are open and number of active case are significantly down like here (to tell the truth they also vaccinated much more people, almost everyone who wants can get one of 3 available vaccine)

·
Registered
3,709 Posts
No, the main reason infections are going down is because Christmas is so social that people probably don't mind taking a break from it for a while. That is my guess anyway. Whether the infections start going back up or not we will see. That welcome break won't last forever. In any case we know that indoor gatherings is a massive problem with controlling infections so anything that helps in that area is good policy. All other policies are pretty much a distraction. Might help a little but probably not a lot.

·
Super Moderator
3,714 Posts
No, only restaurants, grocery stores and pharmacies. Only essentials can be sold for delivery.

In fact, it's pretty funny to see, but when you would enter a store during the day, only items considered essentials can be sold, other sections are closed.
We had the same here but no curfew. Once they shutdown buying of non-essential items our numbers started to drop significantly.

I guess they just have to adjust the rulebook based on what the local population is doing. Most people here in MB got the message when non-essentials were removed but in Quebec they had to take an additional step with the curfew.

·
Registered
19,634 Posts
Not sure that are numbers of new covid cases are going down because of lockdowns, Russia has no any lockdown, even big sporting events
Russia is a dictatorship and they are probably faking the numbers.

Putin manipulates the picture to make himself look like the big strong leader. In Russia, it's impossible to question the state numbers ... horrible dictatorship under a horrible man.

Putin is such a weak, sensitive man that he has had plastic surgery to make himself look younger. Maybe he thinks he can become a beautiful supermodel. Such a coward and pitiful man.

·
Registered
10,512 Posts
james, you want to tell that Russia didn't lie when numbers were big and suddenly started lying when numbers became better?! LOL
I have many relatives who live in 3rd biggest Russian city and perfectly know what is Covid picture there.
My aunt 6-7 years younger than my mom, and she (my aunt) had a choice which vaccine to select .
P.S. I believe Trudeau less than I believe Putin

·
Registered
10,512 Posts
Putin is such a weak, sensitive man that he has had plastic surgery to make himself look younger - Trudeau pained his face black to make himself look African-American LOL

·
Registered
10,512 Posts
As per reports "supply problems" ended in Canada, but still Ontario administered only 17K per day!
In the World Canada is on 60th place (together with Sri Lanka) in daily vaccination per 100 ppl and on 58th place in total vaccination per 100 ppl....
Pathetic ...................

·
Registered
10,512 Posts
Bibi (Israeli PM) posted

I spoke with my friend, CEO of Pfizer Albert Borla last night, and we agreed that there will be a sequence of supply of Pfizer vaccines without any shortage and without any break. Also from Moderna we get more and more vaccines. Go get vaccinated!
🇮🇱
💪
Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu, this evening, at a special update on the issue of vaccines:

"In recent weeks I have held 17 conversations with my friend Pfizer Chairman and CEO Albert Bourla. The last conversation was held in the past 24 hours. This evening I am excited to inform you about a tremendous breakthrough that will pull us out of the coronavirus and get us back to life. We will be the first country in the world to emerge from the coronavirus.

The agreement that I have made with Pfizer will enable us to vaccinate all citizens of Israel over the age of 16 by the end of March and perhaps even earlier, meaning that we will vaccinate the entire relevant population and everyone who wants to will be able to be vaccinated.

The historic vaccines operation will be called 'Getting Back to Life', and in the coming days we will publish the order of vaccinations for Operation Getting Back to Life.
Israel at 89% COVID-19 vaccine doses administered per 100 people

Justin, where the Hell are you hiding?! LOL

·
Registered
1,732 Posts
As per reports "supply problems" ended in Canada, but still Ontario administered only 17K per day!
In the World Canada is on 60th place (together with Sri Lanka) in daily vaccination per 100 ppl and on 58th place in total vaccination per 100 ppl....
Pathetic ...................
I don’t think the supply issues are quite over yet. According to this, Ontario has administered 88% of the supply received. I heard they hold back 10% to be used in yet unknow hot spots.
61D8585F-59D6-492C-A615-1765BDC62651.png

461 - 480 of 555 Posts